1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's Your Next Handgun?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Matt Shepard, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Chips177

Chips177 Loaded Pockets

I guess it's no longer my "next" handgun...just picked up a Glock 29. 10mm goodness

2. Sinkhole

Sinkhole Loaded Pockets

I am leaning towards a G26 Gen5. Not a huge fan of Glock in general, not that they are bad guns. I am really kind of looking at it for magazine compatibility with my Ruger PC Carbine. If I even needed to grab a bag and go, cause of a natural disaster or similar, I can fit both comfortably in my Ruger 10/22 TakeDown bag with room for cleaning supplies and quite a few magazines, extra ammo, as well as some basic EDC/survival gear.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Sinkhole, Jul 31, 2018
    #882 Sinkhole, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  3. Deep Sea Ginger

Deep Sea Ginger Loaded Pockets

I have Sig's P238 right now for CC and I absolutely love it, it just fits so perfectly in my hand with the extended mag. Needless to say I won't be trading that anytime ever, so to answer the question im saving up for Sigs MPX. its basically a handgun, just with a longer barrel and stock haha.

Captdave13 likes this.
  4. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I’m thinking Glock 19 Gen5. It’ll be my 7th Glock. I don’t know why I keep selling them when I’ve got so much time invested in them and shoot them so well. Realistically my carry gun should always be Glock because I’m so comfortable with them. I just get bored. But having looked at the Gen 5s I’m really impressed. I see why some reviewers complain about the flared magazine well and the cutout by the pinky but it doesn’t bother me. What impresses me is the new finish. I remember when Glock had a shiny finish back in the 2000’s and it was near impossible to scratch it off. This new finish feels like that and looks great on the gun. I’m also happy the finger grooves are gone.

Captdave13 likes this.
  5. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

building an 80% frame for a Glock 26, hopefully tonight if work finishes up or this weekend otherwise.

6. Jeff Sprankle

Jeff Sprankle Loaded Pockets

Does finishing a 80% part take special tools, like a drill press? I've been thinking about it for an AR build, but have no idea what I'd need.

Sorry for the off-track post but thanks for the insight.

steviesterno likes this.
  7. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

A lot of 80% lowers come with a jig, or a jig can me purchase separately, a router and drill is about all you need for the 80% lowers.

Here is a complete list of tools that will be helpful:
    Bench Vise.
    Drill Press or Hand Drill.
    Router. Yes, you will need a router to mill out the lower in a router-based jig
    Gunsmith Punch Set and hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. steviesterno

AR lowers are different than Glock lowers, so I won't speak to them. I did the Glock today. I could have done it all with a drill and files. But dremel, a snipping tool, and actually an exacto knife were all I really needed.

9. steviesterno

one thing I've found is that you can make a small gun shoot like a larger one (big mags, RMR, etc). But it's hard to carry a bigger gun like a small one.

10. Sinkhole

Sinkhole Loaded Pockets

This would be my third gun in this form factor. I currently own, and regularly carry a Smith & Wesson M&P9c and Sig Sauer P320sc and regularly shoot my brother in laws H&K VP9SK. I am no stranger to this size firearm.

11. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Finally got some range time w the P365, it’s a very strong contender to the Shield. Impressive stock sights, great trigger and for me the grip was just right [​IMG]

12. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

I’m thinking about the M&P Shield 9mm, the next time the rebates come around I’ll be getting that

13. Old Soul

Old Soul Loaded Pockets

Sig SP2022. Or maybe a a P229 if I found a good deal on a trade in gun.

14. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

Picked up this beauty a few weeks back and outfitted it with the El Paso Saddlery “Tanker Holster”. Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag. It’s my camping gun!

fisk-king, dwong, Captdave13 and 2 others like this.
  15. Glock19er

Glock19er Loaded Pockets

Just picked up a HK VP9sk. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Captdave13 and fisk-king like this.
  16. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I hate to say this, but I think I've got most of the bases covered...approaching 71 and having played a lot of gun games in the last 35 years, I've got pretty much the toys I need.. excluding the .22s, I feel very comfortable with carrying any of them for personal protection.... I have cataracts developing, and barring any problems I don't think
    there is an RMR in my future, but possibly....I have one more Grail gun, and if I can't find a M13/65/66 3"
    round butt, may have to chop a 4" M10 which I've already lengthened the cylinders.... regards

HardToHandle likes this.
  17. fisk-king

fisk-king Loaded Pockets

Picked up a hk45 tactical. I was impressed it came with 3 mags for $809 BNIB. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

18. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

Been lusting over the Kahr Mk9 and the Kimber k6s

19. Craig Grabowsky

Craig Grabowsky Loaded Pockets

Just back from the range with my new Hi point 10mm carbine. 1.5 inch group at 50 yards and three inches at 100 yards after sighting in with iron sights. Ready for next trip to hog hunting. Shares ammo with my Witness 10mm compact that I carry.

ran23 likes this.
  20. BillSXT2002

BillSXT2002 Loaded Pockets

I have been looking at a Glock 26 also, but I am trying to talk myself out of wanting a HK USP 40 police trade in...