1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's Your Most Comfortable Holster?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Motorman, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Motorman

Motorman Loaded Pockets

After wearing numerous holsters for over 30 years of daily use, I finally found a paddle holster made by Kramer Handgun Leather near Seattle, WA. It is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. Even large handguns can be comfortably worn for hours with this rig. Although it lacks the "new" plastic look of the more modern styles, the horsehide leather has lasted for over 20 years.
    One great benefit of the paddle style holster is you can easily remove it from your EDC belt and secure your piece in a briefcase if need be.
    So what works for you? If you do everyday carry, as many say they do, or would like to do, what have you found that really trips your trigger (pun intended)???
    Thanks for your input.

2. Jessie Carter

Jessie Carter Loaded Pockets

A toss up between my G - Code INCOG and Triple J Armory custom kydex holsters. The INCOG is for a G19 and the Triple J is for a G43.

3. LoneArcher

LoneArcher Loaded Pockets

It depends. For OWB, believe it or not, the most comfortable holster I have worn is a cheap Blackhawk Sportster with the paddle set up. For IWB, so far the ONLY holster I've found that isn't painful is the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. It is amazingly comfortable for an IWB, even when carrying a 1911 Commander.

I'm currently trying to find a good set up for my Ruger LC9s. I bought a Bianchi IWB that looked good, but turned out otherwise. I wanted something smaller than the Alien Gear for such a small gun, but I'm probably going to end up buying another A.G. simply because it works so well.

Ataki likes this.
  4. jkwithawave

jkwithawave Loaded Pockets

High Noon Turning Point hybrid is my most comfortable. The leather backing covers the safety so it doesn't dig into my side and positions the gun right where I want it to be and keeps it there. Any carry gun I have from now on will be carried in one of these.

5. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Stealth Gear Onyx.

jkwithawave likes this.
  6. jkwithawave

jkwithawave Loaded Pockets

Have you gotten it for your 19 yet?

7. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

No man I just put the order in on the 2nd. Still an eternity away :nah_disagree:

8. jpage

jpage Loaded Pockets

Stealthgear hands down

9. Ataki

Ataki Loaded Pockets

For my Shield, OWB- Serpa CQB with the paddle. IWB- Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 . Surprisingly, as thin as I am,(5'8", 112lb) Both of these are comfortable and concealable.

LoneArcher likes this.
  10. Linejudgemick

Linejudgemick Loaded Pockets

My most comfortable holsters are OWB, but I assume you meant for IWB? I have several that are comfortable... my N82, Hidden Hybrid Holster and some others. Amazingly my go to holster seems to always come back around to a standard Remora. I think because of the convenience more than comfort probably, but I don't find them uncomfortable either. My preference is for single-stack pistols - so that choice isn't necessarily the case when I carry my larger double-stack pistols, or heavy revolvers. Of my standard holsters, I probably I'd go with the N82, although I like the way double clipped holsters keep the firearm from moving as much.

11. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

I have the distinct misfortune to live in a state where carry of any sort would land me in a whole heap o' trouble, boy. Outside my own home, at least. That said, I kept a .40S&W Taurus PT-101 on my person much of the time in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, and before that when I lived in El Lay, the aftermath of the Rodney Kings riots.

Go ahead and get your laughs in now, but my chosen carry on both situations was... MEXICAN. Ayup, just stuffed into the back of my waistband. Full-size, 40 oz. pistol, and I have to admit, I often forgot it was there.

"The opinions expressed are those of the poster, and do not reflect the opinions of the thread, the forum, or the owners of this site."

LoneArcher likes this.
  12. LoneArcher

LoneArcher Loaded Pockets

Yep, I've found the same thing to be true for me as well. A lot of holsters just seem to add to much bulk, making them more uncomfortable than just sticking the gun in your waistband. I won't carry this way though, I need something a little more secure.

The past few days I've been using a DeSantis Nemesis in the back pocket of my jeans when carrying my LC9s at home. It works great and it's very comfortable, but I wouldn't carry that way outside of home. Again, just not quite secure enough.

13. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

This is a new combo for me and needs more range time before being put into service, but it's very comfortable riding just past the three o'clock position.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeff

LoneArcher likes this.
  14. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee Loaded Pockets

Stealthgear Onyx.

Wishoot likes this.
  15. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Well, this one time I slipped my (thankfully unloaded) 43 back there, and moments later it was on the floor next to my boot...slipped through my wasteband and went down my pants leg.

Some of us have this disease known as "noassatall disease" and can't really do things like this. It's a challenge enough to keep my pants up with the holster lol.

Shike, LoneArcher and LivingUpNorth like this.
  16. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

For IWB, the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 (Springfield XDS), hands down. Pure comfort!

For OWB, I have a Gould & Goodrich pancake holster for my 1911 that is nice and tight around my waist, like a warm hug. I also like my Blackhawk Serpa for OWB when I'm hiking/hunting. Secure retention and quick, easy access. Plus the paddle makes on/off pretty easy.

For the pocket, I have the DeSantis Nemesis (Ruger LCR-357) and DeSantis Super Fly (Springfield XDS). I would say they're both pretty comfortable, but don't hide well, at least on me. While the shape doesn't scream "gun", it's pretty obvious I have a large object in my pocket that could draw attention. Plus, they're not exactly quick to draw from. Still, it's another option if needed.

LoneArcher and Wishoot like this.
  17. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

Military Tanker's Holster. If you want better than the military knockoffs get one from OLD EL PASO LEATHER.

LoneArcher likes this.
  18. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

For my Glock 19- CompTac MTAC
    For my Shield- Alien Gear 3.0

Really, really, really want to try a Stealth Gear one of these days.

19. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I was almost set on getting the Alien Gear until I read up on the Onyx. It came down to those perforated holes in the Onyx and the fact that Stealth Gear makes each of their "back plates" unique for the gun whereas Alien Gear are a one size fits all situation (which ain't bad if you plan on buying additional kydex shells for different guns and don't mind having a larger than necessary back plate). All that plus being padded on the inside. It was tough to swallow being twice the cost of the Alien Gear, but it also has a lifetime warranty and now that I've carried one I'm a believer.

It's a funny thing when people give positive reviews on things they like, when probably very few of us have tried everything. So, I can't really say the Onyx is BETTER than anything else that I haven't tried, but I can say in all sincerity that I can't imagine a full size IWB holster being any more comfortable than this. With holsters it's also a lot like shoes, what works for one guy may not work for the next. I'm sure someone out there swears by this horrid Galco Stow-N-Go that I'm using at the moment but I'd be happy lighting the thing on fire once my Onyx comes in the mail.

LoneArcher and LivingUpNorth like this.
  20. dhw46725

dhw46725 Loaded Pockets

I carry a DW 15-2 with a 2.5" barrel everywhere in an Alien Gear and love it for my IWB carry. For OWB I carry it in a Mernickle holster (don't remember the model).

sparkyfender likes this.