1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whats your favortie knife?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jonny8642, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Vae-Victus

Vae-Victus Empty Pockets

I'd have to say....

Buck 119 Special
    I've had it for years and it has served me very well. It has kept a great edge even though I have used it pretty hard, it was cheap to begin with, plus it has a good enough sized blade to use for Self Defense or Hunting, yet it's small enough for everyday tasks.

Victorinox Super Tinker
    It has been a great Knife for me so far, and the Blades need more frequent sharpening, but they do take an edge really well, I was pretty cheap and super high quality, and has been really useful considering all it's different functions, I do wish it had a Saw blade though...

CRKT M16
    Ahhh I miss the one I used to have, it was small, did its job very well and was large enough for Self Defense, but small enough to be carried in the pocket. I also liked the black finish on it, and that they made it so by using the thumb stud it was almost as fast as a spring assisted

2. Sirvive

Sirvive Loaded Pockets

My fav...

My Robert Parrish 7" survival knife--It is a hollow-handle but it's as tough as they come! --and yes the sawback REALLY does work as a saw.

2nd: My Martin Knives hollow-handle-another built for hard-use.
    3rd: Randall #18 survival knife-very nice but simply a display

...notice a trend yet? :cool:
    4th: BM Griptilian

5: Spyderco Manix 2
    6: Rat Cutlery RC-5 with modified satin blade and orange handles

3. Trippytiger

Trippytiger Empty Pockets

My Delica 4 is still my favourite knife. I didn't really appreciate how nice it was when I got it a couple years ago, because it was my first decent knife. Now that I've acquired a bunch of other ones, my Delica is still the one I spend most of my time playing with! It opens so smooth, has a great feel in the hand, and is tremendously well made. It's also a great looking knife, in my opinion, particularly the hot pink sprint run version that I have. The only downsides are that it's a little bigger than I like for EDC and it rides kind of high in the pocket.

My next favourite has to be my SOG Flash I. It's kind of the opposite to the Delica in many ways; it's small, light, and feels a little flimsy as a result. And it's not hot pink at all. But I love the little bayonet clip and how it just disappears in my pocket. The blade is fantastic, too; it's got a great shape and it slices well, and the assisted opener does a wonderful job of launching it out of the handle. The lock is pretty nice too.

I don't think I can pick a third yet, even though I definitely really like my brand new Spyderco Cat. I've got a Mini-Griptilian on the way as well, so the two will have to battle it out once the Benchmade arrives, because I think I'm going to like that one a lot too. ;)

4. Chocula

Chocula Loaded Pockets

I used to think I wanted a heavy strong utilitarian knife for edc. After a lot of time and money I figured out I want an aesthetically pleasing, light weight knife.

Benchmade 530 is my favorite knife.

I would put the Boker Exskelibur I at number two, even though I only got it last week. The simplicity of the design is very appealing to me.

Honorable Mention:
    -Spyderco Military
    -Benchmade 14205
    -Spyderco Kiwi
    -Spyderco Caly Jr
    -Spyderco Manix (original)
    -Kershaw Skyline
    -Kershaw Chill

5. SERE

SERE Loaded Pockets

Pohl Force - Alpha Two Serrated. Dont own it for that long, but for now I enjoy it the most.

[img width=640 height=457]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac19/SERE_photos/Singels/Pohl%20Force/Serratation.jpg[/img]

6. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Not easy to pick just one. So here's three . . .

1) Spyderco Chinook III ~ Big, brutal, beautiful.

2) Benchmade Benchmite II ~ Neat little keychain/pocket knife that locks in both the open and closed positions. Just begging for a nice lanyard. One of the main reasons I like it is that even in NYC, the knife is street-legal. Due to its small blade-length and locking in the closed position, it passes the latest interpretation of the city's vague-as-Hell Sullivan Act.

3) 2008 CPF Special ~ Custom knife. #8 out of about 40 that were handmade specifically for CandlePowerForums. Excellent fixed-blade. An attempt was made last year for a 2009 CPF knife, or possibly knives. But then the crooks on Wall Street crashed the U.S. economy. '09 Project fell through due to CPFers having less money to spend than the previous year, and the main CPFer who helped put together the '08 Project decided to retire from CPF. It's likely the '08 Project will be the only one.

7. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

For now:

I carry both of these daily and it's perfect although I'm open to try new knives :)
    Spyderco Tenacious for EDC
    Spyderco Police 3 for SD EDC

8. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

My favorite knife I carry alot is my SAK Cadet. My favorite knife overall is my becker necker.

9. Putty

Putty Loaded Pockets

Go this the other day love it :)

[img width=640 height=480]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/PuttyUK/Per1.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/PuttyUK/Per2.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/PuttyUK/Per3.jpg[/img]

10. skips9

skips9 Empty Pockets

KaBar Dozier Thorn D2

11. ebsyesque

ebsyesque Empty Pockets

Benchmade griptilian. Just got one, love the way it feels in the hand,lots of grip.
    So far living up to the hype.

12. LupinIII

LupinIII Loaded Pockets

Definitely my custom Ranger Afghan, no coating, micarta handles with red liners - tough as anything out there.

13. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

my favorite non-folder is a david boye basic 2 i have been using for years and years
    for my folder its a chris reeves large sabenza, but i just got a strider pt and that for edc is a winner

14. indabayou

indabayou Loaded Pockets

Strider SnG CC Period.

15. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

SOG Twitch II.

Love the AO, it gets WICKED sharp and not so big as to scare (SH)people.

Case CV Amber Bone Canoe. Also gets wicked sharp and doesn't scare (SH)people.

Imperial Bone Cigar. Also gets wicked sharp and shows how stuff was made "in the day"

16. Dohboy

Dohboy Loaded Pockets

Benchmade 940 It is a lot of knife for its small size.

17. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

Favorite SOG Aegis.

Most carried Spyderco Tenacious.

18. nudood

nudood Empty Pockets

Anything from Phill Hartsfield

19. flipe8

flipe8 Loaded Pockets

To this point, it's gotta be my small Sebenza.

20. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

CRKT PARTNER....mine's had a lot of abuse - including the handle being chewed by a mouse!!- but it just keeps going !!!! It's a bit of a legal grey area in the UK but it's been used for skinning, gutting, carving etc. It's a tool.

Image is from google images.