1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whats your favortie knife?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jonny8642, Dec 27, 2008.

1. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

This will probably be harder then trying to pick your favorite child. But what is your favorite knife? and Why? And I'll make it easy since I can't pick only one, so you can pick up to three.

1. Spyderco Delica3 Frn SE
    Great Every day carry and light I doesn't feel like I have a knife in my pocket, usually I have to check to make sure it didn't fall out. Was one of the first Spydy I bought and is what made me fall in love with spyderco. It also started me to get into more EDC and meeting some awesome people. Who would have thought knife could start all of that. :laugh:

2. Boker Subcom CE
    Great design for everyday carry, well made, and I can put a good edge on it. Plus I met chad originally on another forum and have seen his first two designs get released, from Boker and Spyderco, and when the Subcom was release I was graduating college and I got the subcom as a gift from my parents and its been part of my EDC since. And I am glad to see more of Chads designs now I can add more to my wish list.

3. Kershaw Leek RED CE
    The spring assistance is a great feature and its small enough to were if you flip it open you don't get to many :censored:s looking at you like you're a crazy person carrying a knife.

2. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

Re: Whats your favorite knife?

I'll play:

1. Spyderco Military. Any flavour you choose, it will have a great steel, fantastic edge geometry, a long blade with a great tip. Lightweight, very slim and easy to carry, despite being big. Proven performance and reliability, as long as you remain within it's intended use. Very well executed liner-lock. The handles allow for multiple grip positions. My all-time favorite, from the standard G10/S30V to the ultimate CF/S90V.

2. Spyderco ParaMilitary. Most of the above advantages, only on a smaller package. Different locking system (compression lock), eventually better.

3. From now on, it's difficult to point a single knife... perhaps my Spyderco Endura 4 Wave, which I hand flat ground and convexed the edge. Great, affordable knife, well built, long and slim... or perhaps the ever faithfull Victorinox Soldier/Pioneer/Farmer series, with their great Alox scales and thicker blades...

3. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Mine is the Chris Reeve Shadow III = wanted one for years and finally got one a little over a year ago. I have always loves the Rambo knife idea, but the joint between the blade and handle was almost always too weak to function. With the Shadow III you get a hollow handle knife with extream strength. And also in a small EDCable package. But money needed and I have mine up for sale in the BST. This SUX !!!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. XeroTheHero

XeroTheHero Loaded Pockets

1. Benchmade Griptilian. I just got mine for Christmas, but I already love this thing and it will be in my pocket for a long time to come! Its extremely sharp, durable, and honestly I don't even feel it clipped to my pocket. I check all the time to make sure its still there!

2. Case Trapper. I had one that was left to me, which I unfortunately lost, but I carried it for a long long time. I'm looking to buy another one to replace the lost one.

3. Kershaw Something? I honestly can't remember which model it is, haha. It came from Wal-Mart, but I carried it for a long time before my Benchmade.

5. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

That is a very difficult question to answer!! I dunno if I can answer that.

6. dwong

dwong Loaded Pockets

small edc

spy etched spin because its my edc, would be a umfaan if crk make it agaiin....

7. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Delica 4 PE. Light, but just has that quality feel and look to it. Easy open, very sharp, nice jimping on the top, not too big to carry--although it's probably
    politically incorrect around here. It would be better with a good finger choil, though, like a Para. I like the Delica's Boye dent on the lock release to
    prevent accidental closing.

Wharcom and Keycom are probably my most used ones, though. Very easy to carry. Keycom easy to sharpen. Haven't used the Wharcom
    that much that it needs sharpening yet.

And I don't feel right without always having a Wenger Journeyman SAK on my belt.

If I get another choice it has to be my Leatherman Micra. Always with me. But I see it as more a scissors than anything else.

8. simbad

simbad Loaded Pockets

Another Delica fan here, it's "one" of my favorites, mine is the earlier version with s.steel handles and Aus 6 blade, perfect for EDC, non obtrusive at all, slides into the pocket very easy and it doesn't "eat" the edge of my jean's pockets like other handle materials like G-10.

9. Enkidu
    • In Omnia Paratus

Enkidu Loaded Pockets

I've always been a fan of Tanto blades,but because fixed blades are outlawed (no EDC, in house is ok) where I live, I have a folder, my favorite is the

Cold Steel "Hatamoto"

Specifications:
    Blade Thick: 4mm
    Blade Length: 4"
    Handle: 5" long G-10 w/titanium bolsters
    Overall length: 9"
    Weight: 6.3 oz
    Steel: San Mai IIIĀ®
    Polished Stainless Steel Pocket Clip

but i don't EDC it, in fact it's in a drawer on a velvet tray :smitten:

My nr 2 is a fixed Tanto,(Cold Steel San Mai IIIĀ® "Master Tanto" with Concealex sheath) also on a tray in the same drawer.

My next and final favorite is the Cold Steel (AUS-8) AK-47, Black, G-10 handle, which is the blade I EDC and because its NOT a "tanto" shape, i'm abusing the heck out of it, still in top condition after a year of use..

10. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

[img width=640 height=426]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/ToddBeggGentsLimpse002.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=424]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/DSC_0551.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/CucchiaraDamascuscopy.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]
    [img width=640 height=424]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/AsldorfInterframeJackwgreenmicarata.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=424]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/Buxton3.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/Cricketopenwquarter2.jpg[/img]

11. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

I carry a SAK for EDC. Very :censored: friendly and not a bad knife. I want to get a legal locking blade for my EDC bag.

12. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Endura. I've been carrying one of these for more years than I want to admit. Gotta get a waved version. That customized Cricket that TKC posted is really awesome though. Everytime I see it I start drooling. :drool:

13. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

Benchmade Mini Griptilian...I continue to be so impressed with this knife.

Picked up a Spyderco Delica 4 last week, and it seems to be a nice knife also. Won't bump the Mini Grip from my EDC, though.

14. BeerGuy

BeerGuy Loaded Pockets

15. ericb445

ericb445 Loaded Pockets

At this time I am in love with my spyderco caly 3. It to me it is really the perfect EDC.

16. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

No offense, but that is NOT a customized anything, it IS a CUSTOM knife. There is a huge difference. The maker of my CUSTOM Cricket is Jeremy Krammes.

17. FlipMag

FlipMag Guest

Benchmade 556 mini-griptilian. It took allot of time to decide I liked this one the best. The knife is solid, the axis lock is a perfect design, and the LifeSharp program was deciding factor.
    [​IMG]

18. XeroTheHero

XeroTheHero Loaded Pockets

I have a full size Grip, and they truly are great knives

[​IMG]

19. vic6384

vic6384 Empty Pockets

My Spyderco Sage (liner lock with carbon fiber handles) actually bumped out my 556 mini griptilian, it just fits my hand better and has a more subtle clip. Although, I've never tried a full size griptilian...

20. Ainsley

Ainsley Loaded Pockets

Re: small edc

I love my Spyderco Etched Spin as well, I always have it in my pocket for times when my CF Caly 3 might be overkil or sketch out the NKP.
    So my top three are:

1. Spyderco CF/ZDP Caly 3

2. Spyderco Etched Spin

3. Bark River Knife & Tool Pro Scalpel 2

Those are my fav. urban-appropriate knives.