1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite SwissTool model?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by leatherman123, Oct 19, 2009.

1. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

I was wondering, what's your favorite SwissTool model? i.e SwissTool Standard, X, RS or S Spirit Standard, S, X models.

For SwissTools, I like the RS the best as the SwissTool files absolutely suck! For the Spirit's, I like the Standard as I like the peanut butter blade a lot.

2. bindibadgi

bindibadgi Loaded Pockets

Interesting, given your username. :)

Personally, I carry a Spirit Plus. That's the standard Spirit with "Moby" the peanut butter blade as you call it, along with the driver and bit set. It's a very nice combo in my opinion. Of course, I've always got another blade on me as well, so it's not an issue that Moby has no point and is partly serrated (I find serrations only rarely useful for my needs).

I just wish there was a nicer leather pouch for the Spirit Plus. I loved my Leatherman Supertool pouch with the nice thick leather and the press stud. A rotating belt clip would be even better.

3. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

For work I like the original Spirit , off work I like the X version . For me the fullsized Swisstool is strictly a bag item .

Chris

4. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

I like the standard swisstool, and its what I carry on belt (with L shaped ΒΌ" driver and bits) at work.
    No opinion as to the spirit line, as I have yet to own one. That being said when I do get one its gonna be the standard p-nut butter blade :D

5. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

The regular Spirit.

6. crossroads

crossroads Empty Pockets

I agree about the regular Spirit being better. It's actually the only fullsize multitool I own, but it's worked well. I don't mind the peanut butter blade either, since I'm usually always carrying another knife anyway. Perhaps the only thing I would want that the standard Swisstool is the measurement markings.

7. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

Yeah, my opinions on multitools changed drastically since last year. I used to own pretty much every Leatherman and I've traded/sold many of them away. This is mainly due to LM's terrible quality control. I own quite a few Leatherman Charge's (about 20) and I can find manufacturing defects on many of them. They range from up and down blade play (most common) to the scales moving up and down. I am only Victorinox now. This is because their tools are cheap, high quality, and the Victorinox SwissTool has the best warranty in the business, they replace the tool if something goes wrong. Not refurbish it like LM, give you a brand new one! Plus, SwissTools integrate so many functions into one implement. That is something that I wish LM did. LM tools have dedicated implements and they work extremely well (the screwdrivers come to mind), but the SwissTools are a bit a slippy because of the highly corrosion resistant shiny finish, but they get the job done. Plus, as I said, there are so many more functions in the Victorinox implements.

Yeah, I'd agree with you guys on the Standard Spirit being the best. I could always carry a one handed plain edge blade that is a lot better than the standard Victorinox drop point anyways.

8. Sam Quint

Sam Quint Empty Pockets

Spirit "S" model. I snagged a few of the black oxide Spirits that Walmart On-line had recently placed on clearance. I like the BO coating, didn't think I would. A very light polishing with Brasso removes the excess coating, and produces a nice patina that is less slippery than the standard high polish finish.

9. Reshki

Reshki Loaded Pockets

SwissTool CS Plus.

It has the exact tools I want, I have big hands so I prefer the larger tool.

I can't think of a day that I didn't use something on the tool.

10. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

i own the original victorinox swisstool. works great for my needs..little hefty but its quite alright for now. its way better quality/steel than any leatherman ive owned... i think the swiss tool spirit plus ratchet will be the next multi tool i purchase!

11. styx

styx Loaded Pockets

The Spirit X. Honestly only reason for this is because I prefer the pen knife over that funky butter blade. Don't know it's that since there's a better folder on me anyway.

12. JayTee

JayTee Empty Pockets

Spirit....is there a sexier looking multi-tool on the face of the Earth?? I think not.

[​IMG]

13. Bierkameel

Bierkameel Loaded Pockets

I like my Spirit X but the knife could be a little bigger.

14. afultz075

afultz075 Loaded Pockets

Love my Swisstool Spirit S. Way better than my Leatherman Blast (which has been demoted to glove box duty). I've had it for about 4 years now and will never get rid of it. Althought I do wish the Swisstool Spirit X was around at the time because it has both scissors and a plain edge blade.

15. benlg

benlg Loaded Pockets

The standard Spirit is my fav, I just bought a Swisstool X and was suprised that the Spirit was actually better eg. ergonomics, thicker pry bar and better lockup. I do like the butter knife but my next Swisstool would probably be the Spirit X.