1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite Self Defense weapon for home? --no guns

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by Shelby, Aug 16, 2009.

1. IThinkTooMuch

IThinkTooMuch Loaded Pockets

You would be surprised. Look up the "The Chula Vista Residential Burglary Reduction Project Summary". Your typical residential burgler will go to a location not visible from the street and gain access by forcing the lock on a door or window with crowbars and/or screwdrivers, lifting the window or sliding door out of it's tracks, kicking in the door, breaking a single pane window, or finding an unlocked door or window. All the information can be found on page 2 and 3 of the report.

Either way, we are discussing residential robberies / home invasions where you are home. First, a delay while they try to find an access point allows you to call the cops, arm yourself, bunker down, and trigger any alarms.

EDIT: Google site:canadasafetycouncil.org crime-and-home-invasion-be-prepared it seems as if talking their way in is just as popular as kicking their way in for residential robberies / home invasions

2. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

No explanation necessary.

[​IMG]

3. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

My friend has a Maine Coon. Giant cat! My dog, Dick, is about the same size. When ever we get together, he makes fun of my dogs size. I always tell him "My Dick isn't small, it your :censored: that too big!"

No, seriously....

Doraemon, Cobra 6 Actual and T.H.Cone like this.
  4. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Dang, stupid censorship! Y'all know what I'm trying to say!

Cobra 6 Actual and T.H.Cone like this.
  5. nick50471

nick50471 Loaded Pockets

You Sir have a very different GSP than I've ever had. Mine will hold the door open and show you where his treats are kept.

Doraemon, Cobra 6 Actual and T.H.Cone like this.
  6. twoisone
    • The Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

German Shepherd. Smile for the bad guy sweetheart........

[​IMG][/URL]

7. Crippletron
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Crippletron Loaded Pockets

Oh I'm n
    Oh im not saying this dumb nuts wouldn't do the same, but a bunny couldn't fart outside without him barking

8. eqlzr

eqlzr Loaded Pockets

OK, I haven't posted to this forum for quite awhile, so will catch up today. So, my friend is a pretty popular comedian that many/most people have seen on TV. When she was younger and coming up the ranks, she lived in an apartment building in NYC and had neighbors below her with a noisy dog. She worked nights and slept days, and found that it was very difficult to get any rest because of the neighbor's dog's constant barking. So, one day she tied a recording device to a cord and lowered it out the window to just outside the neighbor's window below. She recorded many hours worth of barking. For the next several nights, when she went to work, she would hit the playback button on the recorder and lower it on the cord back down to near the neighbor's bedroom window. She only had to do this a few nights before she started getting a good day's sleep.

Last edited by eqlzr, Jan 29, 2015
    Cobra 6 Actual, Dorian and T.H.Cone like this.
  9. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I get PMs/DMs/emails constantly about wasp spray for self-defense and this thread is almost always referenced - due to the global reach of EDCF.

Although this myth has been debunked over and over again, it wasn't until the last year or so that we actually had video proof to show that it is simply doesn't work on humans. (Not to mention the whole violation of federal law thing.)

Hopefully, these clips will help put this myth to bed once and for all.

theotherroche likes this.