1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite kershaw?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by DillePickle, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

You're welcome. If you look up the Ember on the Kershaw product page, they do make specific reference to the Cryo!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

RED-FIVE likes this.
  2. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

For me it's the Camber, 1678. Perfect EDC for work. It has a good 3" beefy BLADE and I love the speed assist. It's a shame they discontinued it..... For dress my Leek fills the EDC role.

Lateck,

colin.p and RED-FIVE like this.
  3. Devinsfdad

Devinsfdad Empty Pockets

My favorite is a Leek that was done with bronze/ brown handle with a black stonewash blade in Elmax. It was a small run and now I wish I'd had bought a couple of them.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  4. colin.p

colin.p Loaded Pockets

It's a nice little knife for sure. I can honestly say the Camber is my favourite Kershaw, as it's the only Kershaw I own, or ever actually held. One thing I find rather curious, is the blade (on mine) is 3 1/8 inches (the exact same length blade as on my large Buck Vantage Select) so I would think that may be a problem with some jurisdictions that enforce a 3 inch limit.

5. eugenechia1989

eugenechia1989 Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a Link, it has been waiting for its turn in my secondary folder rotation and it starts its first duty today. I'm not sure if it will become my primary folder due to the fact that it's assisted-opening and may be wrongly classified as an automatic by law-enforcers (automatics are illegal to carry in Singapore). I may end up just using it at home. I'm spoiled by CTS-XHP in my current primary knife, anyway. But in terms of how it looks, the fact its production isn't outsourced, and the sheer solid feel of the thing, I'm really loving it at the moment. Minimal usage thus far has not dulled the shaving sharp factory edge in the slightest but it's still too early to judge.

There is one worry, though. 420HC can sometimes be difficult to sharpen to a very fine edge. I've experienced difficulty with my Gerber Strongarm (eventually got there) and Gerber L.S.T., but my Leatherman Surge takes a ridiculous edge with just a few swipes on a ceramic rod. At this point, the Surge push-cuts newsprint like crazy, the Strongarm does so as well but with a bit of difficulty, and only after a lot of effort with sharpening, and the L.S.T. doesn't. All three shave hair, though, which realistically is good enough for me.

Last edited by eugenechia1989, Jan 12, 2018
    #125 eugenechia1989, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

@eugenechia1989 if it has the detent to hold the blade closed, with the bearing in the liner, you could remove the assist to keep you out of trouble.