1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite [adult] flask?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by PiterM, May 1, 2016.

1. PiterM

PiterM Loaded Pockets

Recently I've discovered Stanley Flask... looks retro cool, manufacturer has been around more than twice as long as me living here, and that wide mouth is just most useful! No more funels, no spill, perfect Scotch delivery in and out ;)

[​IMG]

2. Foster
    • In Omnia Paratus

Foster Loaded Pockets

I find that the glass flasks (mickeys) you get at the liquor store refill quite well, especially ones with thick plastic lids such as Crown Royal or Jack Daniels. Plus they're generally cheaper than the metal ones you find in the store while coming pre-filled! They're also suitable for storing liquor without imparting unpleasant flavours, which can't be said for metal flasks. They're also infinitely more easily cleaned than a metal flask, since you can see through them.

All told, the only downside to reusing a mickey is that they're potentially less robust to shock than a metal flask, but in many years of drinking from glass flasks I've never had one break on me.

3. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Ti Snow Peak... with 190 Grain Alcohol. It's my dehydrated vodka, stove fuel, medicinal/antiseptic, and solvent/cleaner. No metallic tastes with Ti.

[​IMG]

4. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a bunch but flasks are a waste of time in my opinion. Cool factor maybe but everything comes in plastic these days. The container might be useful but what I am going to do with 8-10 OZ????

[​IMG]mumbo flask by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

I hate carrying liquid in the woods... including water... too heavy.

Loc-Nar likes this.
  5. pumpmaster

pumpmaster Loaded Pockets

Bought one of those Stanley's along with some of their stainless shot glasses for an upcoming camping trip. I rarely drink and will never store alcohol (good tequila in my case) for more than a couple days. Love the Stanley design and it looks like it'll hold up to the abuse of riding in the back of my machine.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

6. Loc-Nar

Loc-Nar Loaded Pockets

Excellent preference on beverage and knife.

Mine is rocking the "weathered" look (hastily consumed)

[​IMG]

Mumbojumboo likes this.