1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's your edc belt and how has it worked for you?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Warfusion, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Sonoran Tree
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Sonoran Tree Loaded Pockets

Murray Custom Leather 1-1/4" Ranger Style Belt. Beautiful products, timeless design, simply the nicest leather products I have used!

2. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

I wear a Special Operations Equipment EDC Belt everyday. I absolutely love it. I wish I had gotten a different color (Coyote on Coyote) to blend in a bit better but overall I've been consistently wearing it for a year now. Its a great belt weather I carry my firearm or not. Before that it was whatever the cheap 5.11 belt was and I had no idea what I was missing until I upgraded it. I have another on order right now (for color choices).

Lou_G likes this.
  3. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

I also have a SOE EDC belt and will have to say I was not impressed at all. First, their order your pant size suggestion did not work for me. I wear a 36, and ended up returning the one I ordered for a smaller size. Second, when I got the replacement, it is almost too large. The ends of the belt are roughly finished and the belt stitching is poorly finished. The belt overall has a cheap appearance and feel. I ordered a no name cobra buckle belt from a popular online retailer that cost less and is much better in fit and appearance. Just my observation.....

4. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

Wow. That really is no good. Maybe I got lucky or you just got unlucky but I've had nothing but good things to say about mine. Actually if mine was anything it seemed a bit small when I ordered it but I lost some weight so it worked out in the end. That is really interesting that you had that issue. Thanks for sharing that with me when my next one comes in I'll be interested to see how it is compared to my current one.

5. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

I guess I sounded as if I was bashing the SOE belt, but that was not my intention. It's a decent belt for what I am using it for, which is a dedicated gun rig. If it's any consolation, I can't wear the other cobra belt as a EDC either. I think the buckle is a little to.......tacticool. It's great for its intended application, but just not for me as a EDC. Now if I was Jack Bauer or Jack Reacher on the other hand....? Lol

6. c99camper

c99camper Loaded Pockets

Nevermind, I just found what I was looking for in the gear reviews sub-forum.

7. EricP

EricP Loaded Pockets

Wilderness 5 Stitch and Saddleback Tow.

8. JT

JT Loaded Pockets

Got my Armourbelts 1,5 inch leather gun belt a while ago. The best belt I have ever had so far. Sturdy, carries my gear with ease, and works just fine without gear too. And the craftsmanship is top notch.

9. Raven198

Raven198 Loaded Pockets

Volund Gearworks. USA made and absolutely great. I have the one with the S hook, not the cobra buckle. Been using it as a double duty....wear at work with duty gear, then as my EDC while away from work. Best belt for $50.

10. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

Still this belt all the time, any time:
    [​IMG]
    After one year, where the buckle rubs some of the bubbles are showing light wear, the rest looks like the day I got it. Stingray leather is one of the -if not the most- toughest leathers available.

KODIAKman likes this.
  11. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

Rayskin is used to wrap the tsuka (handle) on some katanas.

microbe likes this.
  12. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

Got a knife with Stingray handle inlay on my wish list... one day:)

13. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I've always wondered about one of these,, are they good? I mean like the other military belts, the harder you pull to loosen the tighter they get, great for a tourniquet, no matter what size cause you don't have to find a hole! But what about these? I had one of the others that clamp, and over time the teeth bent out and wouldn't lock so I ditched it, so what's everyone think of these? JR

14. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

I'm wearing that same one right now, and it's about 5 years old at this point (not to mention that I got it used, so God only knows its true age)
    The fabric has definitely warped over time, but the curvature keeps it from digging into my hips, so I just think of it as wearing in. The teeth are a little rounded, but I've had absolutely no accidental releases, and it still clamps down nice and tight if pressure is put on it.

I like that it's thinner and ha a smaller buckle than standard ACU-style web belts, and, at least in my estimation, looks just fine when worn with jeans out in the town. Other than a nice leather belt for formal functions, I tend to use it for everything.

15. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Definitely old school belt - I was issued a lighter "rigger's" belt in 2006 as part of my uniform.

16. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Thanks, my only problem is I don't have hips, like notta, so there's nothing to keep it held up, even the gut in the front wants to push it down, it's kinda funny cause after the size is set it wants to drop as the gut pushes, then it moves to the back, and then fall over, kinda reminds me of one of those metal ring games? You hold the rings on a stick and as the curved polls move you have to keep the ring from touching or else it buzzes and you loose the game! The belt being the ring just wants to work it's way from top to bottom, then as it hits bottom to far,, bzzz, time to pull up! I need like suspenders, yay.. JR

17. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I have a CRKT Corkum First Strike knife that claims to use ray skin, though I'm not certain it really is. I'm pretty sure it's used on my Paul Chen Bushido katana though.

18. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

My current belt is a Triple K Leather belt... somewhat.
    Basically, it was a factory second belt from Triple K's supplier (VERY strict quality control, extremely nice leather goods) that also makes belts for another group, and I'm apparently one of the only people outside of that group that has the belt.
    Anyway, it's an incredibly nice belt (with an interesting story) that was very reasonably priced because of a small cosmetic scratch. If you're looking for a great belt that isn't too expensive I highly recommend Triple K.

19. Americanozzy

Americanozzy Loaded Pockets

I wear a 5.11 tdu belt at work. Very comfortable, always stays in place. Off work I tend to use a simple no name leather belt I picked up at target.

20. Firemission

Firemission Loaded Pockets

I wear a Spec ops better bdu belt in black at work. Great belt. No issues or concerns. It's pretty minimalist and simple. For my regular clothes I use an Arcteryx conveyor belt in light brown. Not happy with that one. Seems to be a little slippage in the buckle, causing my Jean shorts to fall and make me look like a gangsta. Although I'm suffering from a slight case of Dunlap disease (my belly done lapped over my belt;)) that problem is being cured. Looking for a suitable replacement for the dead bird belt. Interesting, that's the only arcteryx product I've ever had issues with it. They're other products are outstanding.