1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whats your biggest SAK?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by 50ft-trad, Jul 12, 2010.

1. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

This looks a monster too! Is it a user or just one for the collection?

2. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

3. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

As far as tools go, the only diff is the SwissChamp has pliers. of course, that's the thickest layer, so the Champion seems more smaller than a one-layer difference normally would.

(The minor differences: compared to the original Champion, the SwissChamp has an ink pen, straight pin and came with the eyeglass screwdriver. But to complicate things, there's the Champion Plus, which includes those small parts, and also includes the chisel and hook of the SwissChamp; the only difference between the Champion Plus and the SwissChamp is the pliers.)

4. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

I got a hankerin' for the bigger Vics, and bought me a WorkChamp. It's one big honkin' "pocket knife", that's for sure; so big I never really found a use for it.

(At least I didn't get the WorkChamp XL, thank gawd, that one should come with wheels on the bottom!)

5. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Vic Super Tinker

6. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

SwissChamp...

7. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

Swiss Champ, yeah. But only for *****'n'giggles, I'd never carry that brick.

8. Ofir_ISR

Ofir_ISR Loaded Pockets

Victorinox workchamp.

9. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

My Outrider is the biggest I own, it only beats my Huntsman for camping because it has a locking blade but the Huntsman puts up a good fight because mine is the version with the pen.
    I am very tempted to get the big Wenger which I think is called a Scout because it has a MASSIVE saw.

10. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I've got a 3 layer 108mm Hunter.

A G10 scaled OHT is longer and heavier though.

11. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

Two choices...

In terms of layers, my Cybertool34 - bought primarily as a desk tool without any intention to carry it, as I find it a great basic toolkit to have at your desk for computer stuff and all the small tasks I end up doing throughout the day that make use of the scissors, pliers, etc... Personally bigger than I would happily pocket carry, as it would be a noticeable size and more importantly weight dragging my pockets down, but it could be done...

In terms of physical size though, I think my OHGAK (the German army version of the OHTrekker) probably wins for the larger frame, even if it is a bit thinner. Carried when camping normally in a belt sheath, though I find that it is easy enough to pocket carry (though again is a noticeable bulk, which is why I prefer the sheath).

To go the opposite way entirely, the alox classic is definitely the smallest :)

12. benlg

benlg Loaded Pockets

Largest SAK I got is a Champion Plus. That and the Ranger are prob my favorite size with right amount of tools. Thinking about grabbing a Rescue tool but dont know if I'll have much use for it.

13. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

Old thread I know, but I thought I'd give it a bump to see some fat SAKs. My current big boy is a five layer Ranger, but I have a Champion Plus on the way. I enjoy looking at profile photos of the layers for some reason.

14. post tenebras

post tenebras Loaded Pockets

Pioneer X for me.

15. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Pioneer X is currently the biggest I have as well, and even that one is too big for my taste.
    Even so I’m warming up to get a Cybertool S. It’s bigger than the X, but also more dense in features, so could be a better pain/gain equation than the X.
    My hope is that I’m able to mod it. If I’m able to remove a full layer and replace the blades with a one hand opening Spyderco blade, I think the CTS could make a pretty good office EDC for someone working in electronics/tech.
    I’m not too mechanically inclined, so I’ll probably end up wrecking it, but hopefully I’ll have fun and learn something along the way

16. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

My Champion Plus arrived. I'm not sure how much I'll carry it, but I will carry it. This is about as thick as I want to go. I didn't want the pliers on this one, but I may try a Super Tinker or Handyman down the line.

Ranger on the left and Champion Plus on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick4305 and keycutter like this.
  17. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets