1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's yer Day Job? (or night job)

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by knuckleduster, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

Hope you didn't accrue to much debt climbing the ladder, minimal to 0 debt plus a minimum wage job still makes one better off than 75% of the rest of the working poor.
    I'm making about twice minimum wage, and my wife makes about double my pay. We're under 40,000 of debt-down from 75,000.
    Once that's taken care of we'll be freaking rich and I'm never using another CC again.
    Work what you got while you can.

2. FlatFender

FlatFender Loaded Pockets

I am in charge of the Loss Prevention Department at a store for a large nationwide retailer.

I always wanted to be a police officer, and started my current job while in college for Criminal Justice. I liked the job so much, and the pay is competitive that the better part of 10 years later, I am still with the company. I love my job.

3. ojitosverdes01

ojitosverdes01 Empty Pockets

I'm currently unemployed and living off my savings.

Lookin' for work! LOL

I draw blood for a living.. or.. I used to!

4. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

I currently am in production/manufactoring. I make styrofoam (actually Expandable PolyStyrene or EPS for short) packing p-nuts as well as the starch based bio-degradable p-nuts. Been doing it for 12 years now...
    In the past I've worked both retail and warehouse for a major grocery chain (9 years) and up until 5 years ago moonlighted a bunch as security/bouncer for various clubs.

5. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Heh...yeah. Tons of debt. Barely keeping my head above water. We were making really good headway paying it off until both me AND my wife lost our jobs a week apart from each other. I landed back in the customer service position 3 weeks later, and she got a part time job at the mall. Our current income is only about 35% of what it used to be. Working poor pretty much nails it.

6. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

Uh my job title has changed so much this past year as well as the companies I work for. I've gone from working for General Electric and moving in to smaller companies with higher job title(I guess that a good thing).
    But my current position, I am a senior field service engineer for a small company(6 of us total) in Minnesota. Servicing General Electric un-interrupted power supplies, automatic transfer switches and paralleling switch gear. It's interesting to me though, I quit working for GE back in March and yet they still call and ask me to fix machines that their in house techs can't figure out :shrug:

7. jadajazz

jadajazz Empty Pockets

Artist, copywriter, and researcher here.

8. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

From September to May I am a mechanical engineering student (currently finishing up my sophomore engineer) but this summer I am going back to work for the power plant I interned at last summer. I am also trying to get another internship with another engineering firm that does a lot of consultation work.

I am the only 19 year old I know who wants to work two jobs.

9. Doctor_Tattoo

Doctor_Tattoo Loaded Pockets

Full time Soldier, at least for 12 more years! :)

Shawn

10. icemncmth

icemncmth Loaded Pockets

I am an IT guy and have been for years. I started out in industrial electronics and repair. Problem is I live in Oklahoma and the wages for the most part are low compared to the rest of the country. IT work is still considered a Blue Collar Job. The biggest problem in my area is that most people who run IT departments are accountants and don't know crap about IT. Other than that I pretty much do what I need for money. I have even done contract work teaching long distance shooting..

11. MattPadgett

MattPadgett Empty Pockets

Apprentice mortician here.
    I am attending college and am in my 3rd semester. I will graduate (if all goes well) by the end of this year.
    I have been in the funeral service business for 2 years now.
    Before that I worked at Thompson Tractor as a diesel mechanic.
    Before that I worked at US Pipe and Foundry, I was a lot of things there, none of which were pleasant. HAHA

12. Jim Bell

Jim Bell Loaded Pockets

If I had posted a year ago, I would have been a retail grocery manager. Now I work in supply chain support, basically I am an analyst or a team supervisor, depending on how you look at it.

13. stillad

stillad Empty Pockets

Mechanical engineer posing as a project manager for the Army.

14. tappan

tappan Loaded Pockets

Conductor for a railroad.

15. coop1957

coop1957 Empty Pockets

From Thanksgiving to Easter I deliver flowers for a local Florist. From Easter to Thanksgiving I cut grass / yard clean ups. I'm gettin too old for this physical labor stuff.

16. LabRat314

LabRat314 Empty Pockets

I work on a drilling rig, drilling for natural gas in north east BC. My job is pretty sweet most of the time. The folks I work with can be hard to take sometimes. But the pay is right, and the scenery is fantastic. :)

17. Rquagliata

Rquagliata Loaded Pockets

I work from home as a tobacco pipemaker. I make pipes starting at $180 and going up to $500 plus range.

I work pretty much whenever I want. ;)

18. paustin

paustin Loaded Pockets

MPO (master police officer) with DFSP, supervise the 6A-6P shift

19. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I work security at a site that is on the F.B.I.'s list of most likely terror targets. Last site I worked at was also on that list. Glad I'm not there anymore. The Security Manager there is an emotionally unstable, passive-aggressive moron. The old Manager actually knew what he was doing.

20. icemncmth

icemncmth Loaded Pockets

I have some custom pipes...do you have a web page?