1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's the value?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by HarveyJ, Jul 15, 2012.

1. HarveyJ

HarveyJ Loaded Pockets

Can anyone give me some idea as to what the "official" value is of this watch?
    It's a Swiss Legend Pilot Chronograph. I know the general details, but depending on where you look, prices range anywhere between $200 to as much as $600 in some cases. I paid on the lower end for mine, but need a good idea (price wise) before deciding whether to let it go or not.

2. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

Check the back of the watch and the strap for any markings. Some watches vary a lot between different models

3. N05J3W3

N05J3W3 Empty Pockets

Looking at resale value can be a good estimate of value, in many ways. The market does't lie. In these subjective terms, this watch is probably 'worth' about $25-50.

Not intended unkindly, but it's not Swiss-made, not a legend, and not the kind of watch that a pilot would actually use. The MSRP is, well, ambitious for a quartz fashion watch masquerading as a tool watch.

The $200-600 range quoted would offer a lot of fine tool-watch choices, especial if a buyer considers pre-owned. Seiko delivers particularly good value in this segment, in my opinion. Robust movements, quality casework, dials that stand up to companies at 10X the price, and very nice bracelets.

4. HarveyJ

HarveyJ Loaded Pockets

Been doing some research (mostly bad reviews). Fortunately, I paid on the lower end as I mentioned. It was an impulse buy, but have since moved on to my current G-shock!

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Realistically, it's worth about $50 in used but mint condition.