1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's the sure-fire way to make sure I get email notifications?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by smack2000, Aug 28, 2008.

1. smack2000

smack2000 Loaded Pockets

Hi there,

I've only had about 50% success with getting email notifications on a thread I've subscribed to for notifications. I'm not sure what the magic combination of actions are on my part to ensure I will get notified via email on the next post, so I have some questions:

1. Do email notifications stop while you are logged in (i.e. if I have myself logged in to the site 24/7 on my PC have I effectively disabled email notifications)?
    2. Does refreshing the topic I am subscribed to in a browser (regardless of what page I'm viewing within the topic) consititute 'reading the topic'?
    3. If I have my login set to 'stay logged in indefinitely' but I don't have the site open in a browser, will I receive notifications?
    4. Is there an indicator somewhere that will tell me if I've succesfully cleared the flag that prevents me from getting new email notifications?

And finally, I would absolutely love it if I could simply subscribe to email notifications for a topic, and have the option to get notified via email regardless of my actions after a new post has been made (i.e. get notified for every post). Wouldn't that be awesome? Then I wouldn't have to logout/login, clear cache, refresh a couple times, and pray...

Thanks,
    Scott

2. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Have you checked the Email and Notifications page on your profile? Those options are the only ones available at this time. The drop-down box gives you some additional options, but I'm not sure they take care of all your questions as I personally don't use all of those features. Anyone else?