1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's the simplest, cheapest, most concealable non-lethal weapon around?

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by polonium9, Mar 5, 2015.

1. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

[​IMG]
    Sharpies, yes sharpies!

They've got a blunt edge that just hurts, they've got a writing implement, they're cheap, they're USA made, they're easy to find, and, most of all, no one will suspect it! Not to mention, TSA friendly!

Just think, you're in your work, no knives, guns, weapons or anything. Some nutjob comes in with a knife. You have nothing, but wait, that sharpie! *wham* right in the shoulder. Takes him down, take the knife away, call the cops, you're the hero. And afterward, give a lecture on company security with it.

Enjoy the upcoming weekend, folks!

dawgfan76, groovster, Moco and 4 others like this.
  2. Nighted
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nighted Loaded Pockets

Bic lighter and hockey tape (being a boxer helps too).

3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

OK, besides your brain (already pre-loaded), I would say a simple wooden cane ... less than $10 and filled with serious 'whomping' power. Also, no restrictions: can take it to court, on an airplane, etc. Might be things that are cheaper, but not better for getting an opponent's attention!

groovster, reppans, Number_V and 6 others like this.
  4. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I'd go with pepper spray. If that fails, Sharpie FTW.

5. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

When I am out walking the dog I use a walking stick for the same thing. No one pays attention and I have put it to work on two occasions.

6. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

Isn't any weapon lethal? I'm pretty sure any object can be used as a weapon and used to kill someone. I'm still working on a wet pasta noodle, or grain of rice, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Your body would be the cheapest, simplest, most concealable weapon. Even if you are naked and are in a completely empty room, you still have weapons.

7. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

Wet pasta noodle is simple: fling it at their face and pretend you picked your nose. easily distract/disgust them long enough to take them down.
    Grain of rice: flick it in the assailants throat when they're talking. hard to do, but they will choke and be distracted long enough.

Carrying wet noodles in your EDC might be hard to do, but consider it.

8. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

EDC some sauce too and you'll always have lunch!

9. theirishboxer

theirishboxer Loaded Pockets

definitely your body you bring it with you every where, all other weapons are supplemental.

Nighted, ManVsLawn, PilotCPS and 2 others like this.
  10. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Shoes? They make your kick a heck of a lot more effective......

11. FighterZak

FighterZak Loaded Pockets

Take some kickboxing classes and you'll learn to kick an opponent 2 meters back. Your body is all you need and you'll have a kick during training (pun intended ;P)

Nighted, ManVsLawn, PilotCPS and 2 others like this.
  12. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

A man was walking along the road a few years ago when he was accosted by a homeless looking person who said "bow down and give me your money for I AM GOD". The first man laughed at him and said "prove it". The homeless man put a hand in a small jeans pocket and said "I have something here that will smite thee". The first man leaned in and said "What is it, a lightening bolt? Show me"

The homeless man pulls out his fist and punches the first guy in the face and takes his wallet.
    Simple, cheap, easily concealable and doesn't look like a weapon in plain sight. Plus you'll never get stopped and searched and have your fist confiscated ;)

13. theirishboxer

theirishboxer Loaded Pockets

don't give them any ideas...

14. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

A Victorinox swisschamp xlt...

In a sock. Legal almost everywhere. If you are questioned why your half pound knife is in a sock, well you don't want it to get banged up, do you?

Imagine swinging that thing in fear or anger!

15. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

I'm the nutjob with a knife at my office, so for me it is my knife.

16. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

$5 in quarters is a lot better... YOu can carry it into places where that Vic will be confiscated instantly at the door... Reason for carrying the quarters? Vending machines are everywhere, and socks make great coin purses. ;)

But my answer to the question is the same as cheesers... Until they start cutting off our hands at birth, or running us around in handcuffs and chains 24/7(give it time...), your fists are it. Or your feet, and if you go that route, a pair of steel toed boots help a lot ;)

17. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

A padlock. It's worked in prison for years. Or maybe a toothbrush. Nowadays, they've graduated beyond sharpening 'em on the ground, they heat 'em up with a lighter & stretch them out. Much more effective in runnin' somebody through!;)

edit: you stated non-lethal? Does not compute?

18. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Yeah, you try to trim your nose hair AND open a bottle of wine with a roll of quarters! LOL

19. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

:rofl:

I didn't say don't carry the Vic AND the quarters! ;)

20. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

OK, I got a good one.... Take a 12 ga. Shell, cut the top off and remove the projectile(s), depending on "nonlethal" requirements maybe part of the wad or buffer or whatever they call it. Load the tube with bouncy balls or pop rocks, or whatever floats your boat, wrap the whole shebang in piano wire or Kevlar thread, then tape, then tape a small BB to the cap. Maybe make a tail so it always lands BB first. Just like those confetti streamers that you pull the string on. That will hopefully "distract" your opponent..

LOL. I am kidding about this and the SAK above, please don't take anything I say seriously, I am not a professional, and only an adult according to my local municipality, not in real life.