1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's the Oldest Gun You Own/Carry?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ?uesto, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

I saw this at another forum a while back and would love to see what some of you guys have, especially as a 22 year old who feels like he should have grown up in the 1960's. I love old 1911s and Browning HPs, hunting rifles and shotguns, American revolvers, old trucks, and old music, so I'd love to see some of the antique and vintage firearms you all have. Especially if it's a handgun that you carry. I've seen some gorgeous old guns throughout the threads, so I figured one thread for all of em would be cool

AK Adventurer likes this.
  2. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Probably a 1982 BHP. Or my CZ82. Possibly my Security Six. One of these days I need to check the manufacturing date on the SS.

3. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

1907 Colt Single Action Army in 45 Colt.

hbanger, nick nitro and AK Adventurer like this.
  4. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

That I carry; Ruger Security Six, made a few years after they were introduced(can't remember exactly)
    (sorry for pocket dump pic, its the best pic I can find right now)

[​IMG]

That I own;
    That is fully functional, if a bit rough; Marin Model 39-A, made in 1955.

[​IMG]

That is Almost fully functional(current project); Remington Model 25, can't be dated exact, but they were only made between 1923 and 1935. Both of mine are low serial numbers, Probably made before or around 1925ish.

As received a little over a month ago;

[​IMG]

As one is now;

[​IMG]

From there it steps up to a Rem 700 from the 60s, a Win. 94 carbine from '71. Then it hops to the early 90s.

[​IMG]

5. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Love that old Security Six. Looks like the original grips too. That's a revolver with character and personality.

6. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Thanks!
    Yup, original grips... I think about changing them every now and then but never get around to actually making new ones. Maybe better that I don't. ;)

Personality and character comes from a lot of history; My brother came back from Nam in the mid 60s, and bought a brand new motorcycle, big Honda 650 or 700. Huge bike for the time. turns out he didn't like it, so it got traded off for this gun and a couple other items. Then it belonged to my other brother for a while (he died in the mid 70s, 10 years before I was born so its interesting to know he owned it at one time too, although I think it had gone back to the other brother by the time he died) It at some point went back to the first brother to own it, since I remember Dad saying he traded him something for it... Then Dad had it for 30 to 35+ years till he passed away, and left it to me. (That might not be Exactly how the gun got around, its hard to piece together 3 recollections of 30 to 40 year old memories. Close enough for me though to know all three of them owned it at some point. ;) )

Cobra 6 Actual, Wishoot and ManVsLawn like this.
  7. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I've got 3 different pair of grips for my SS and the ones you're is wearing are my favorite.

8. mattchef

mattchef Loaded Pockets

I got a 1908 (I think it's in storage) colt 38 revolver. My great grandfather used it in NY as his standard issue police gun. It got passed down to me as a kid.

AK Adventurer and Wishoot like this.
  9. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

my first pistol was also a Ruger Security Six.... added a Clark rear sight and Rogers grips... my first rifle a Winchester Model 1890 (.22 short) for my 12th birthday...55 years ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

I recently acquired a German comission Karabiner 88 made in 1892, but I haven't fired it yet.
    [​IMG]

I've actually carried on rare occasion my Walther model 2, which was most likely manufactured from 1913 to 1915 (records are sketchy).
    [​IMG]

11. hbanger

hbanger Loaded Pockets

My 1911 was made in 1942 it was GI chromed after ww2 and then my dad had it unchromed then had it nickeled about 25 years ago

AK Adventurer and Wishoot like this.
  12. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I have a S&W Model 10 that was a police turn-in from the 1970's that gets holster time now and again. I also have an OLD Military & Police (the forerunner of the Model 10) from 1907, but I don't think I'd trust it with modern ammunition.

ran23, AK Adventurer and Wishoot like this.
  13. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Dad's .410 single-shot that I can't recall make/model, he's in his 70' and teaching MKRAM mod II to shoot it. I foresee him putting many rabbits into the stewpot following up on the stuff I learned shooting the same shotgun as a preteen.

14. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

Some of my oldest would be my Winchester pump 22's which I collect, 1890, 1906, model 90, model 61, 62, 62A.....love them old pumps smooth as butter.

15. Mike Sheidler

Mike Sheidler Empty Pockets

Oldest is a S&W break top in 38 S&W form the 1800's still use it in the pocket pistol matches in SASS events. A colt vest pocket and a Colt 1903 from the 30's. Don't know how to post photos.

16. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

The oldest piece i carry is a mint, pre-war commercial Webley revolver in caliber .38 smith&wesson 4"bbl.

17. Kentucky

Kentucky Loaded Pockets

1904 Colt 32-20...Though Ive owned a few guns a bit older..

18. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I am pretty new to firearms and broke so... my oldest prior to a few months ago is my dads S&W Model 19

[​IMG]

My FIL passed away a few months ago and passed on to us the .22 his dad taught him to shoot on, Ranger 22 S L L lr M34, from what I can tell a rebranded Marlin Model 65 from the late 30's. Have yet to take that out, hopefully soon.

?uesto, MTFatboy and AK Adventurer like this.
  19. Cokeman

Cokeman Loaded Pockets

1927 Winchester 12 16 gauge shotgun

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  20. Bertjan

Bertjan Loaded Pockets

Own: 1970 something, .270 Heym for hunting.
    Carry: NAA .22Mag, quite new