1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's the number one bag/pack killer for you?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by CANNIBALdinner., Jun 22, 2016.

1. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Couldn't agree more. It's a huge turnoff for me when a company makes their stuff overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. os2soliz

os2soliz Empty Pockets

3. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

No front organization pocket and no laptop pocket. The front organization pocket is every useful for all my quick access items (office badge, keys, business cards,

4. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

Oh, you mean like this nightmare?

[​IMG]

Myrddraal likes this.
  5. soundlessnut

soundlessnut Loaded Pockets

I've got the smaller version of this and am quite happy with it, does that make me a "wanna be"? I guess so
    Wanna be bag owner
    Wanna be bag carrier
    Wanna be organized
    Wanna be without my pockets weighed down

Besides, my sunglasses and bag are the only thing about me that's coordinated ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 soundlessnut, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Tallboyjim likes this.
  6. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

No clamshell, lack of interior organization, etc.

7. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I've got a few now.

One. Velcro. Too much and too loud when you're trying to slip out a laptop or something in a meeting.

Excessive Straps. I've changed my main work/over nightish bag from an outdoorsy backpack (karrimor if that makes a difference) to a cheapy, probably-cost-no-more-than-a-tenner-at-Costco high sierra riprap. It's got a grab handle and two shoulder straps. No compression straps. No chest strap. No waist strap - all of which were determined to get caught in the van door every morning. If I had a pound every time this happened I'd be able to afford any bag under sun, but it's not happened with the riprap.

Must have an external drinks holder. I want to find out my drink is leaking before my tablet does.

I'd like my next bag to have an exclusive (is that the right word?) laptop sleeve at the back. The riprap shares it with the rest of my detritus so I'd like it properly separate.

CANNIBALdinner., Myrddraal and BTG108 like this.
  8. Datu
    • +3 Supporter

Datu Loaded Pockets

Flaps, they get in the way, and curl up, always need a top quick get to pocket, and straps. Crappy shoulder straps and unnecessary hardwear are a deal killer. I use my packs to travel a lot, and they have to be tidy.

CANNIBALdinner. likes this.
  9. Byfrost

Byfrost Loaded Pockets

No "lifetime" guarantee. I rarely have issues with bag designs or quality issues, but for a brand that gives a "limited 2 years guarantee" tells a lot on how much they stand behind their products.

I do not abuse my bags but I would want to sleep in peace knowing that my product is covered if anything happens. If Jansport is able to give a lifetime guarantee on their packs and they cost significantly cheaper, I don't see why other brands won't follow.

CANNIBALdinner. likes this.
  10. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Trolley cases whose extending handle kinks and sticks: thereby rendering the case next to useless. Expensive cases are as bad as the cheap ones.

tbzbbt

11. pathwinder14

pathwinder14 Loaded Pockets

Poor quality and design. Let me clarify. Poor stitching, materials, weak/thin straps, thin material, zippers with tiny teeth, pockets not well thought out like a shallow water bottle pocket, and layout that is poorly executed.