1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's the Best DSLR Tacticool Camera Bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by shrnky, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

Kata 3N1-20 Slingbag.

Makes most other things mentioned so far look underwhelming. Designed by two former IDF guys. Sells for a reasonable price too.

2. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

I've got one of the hazard 4 bags.

[video=youtube;Tf7OH3B0tvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf7OH3B0tvw[/video]

3. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at the HAzard 4 bag... or actually DeviantArt has a branded camera bag that looks good too

4. rcpylon

rcpylon Empty Pockets

here is what i went with.

http://www.tamrac.com/VelocitySpread.pdf

added the bottle holder on the side (works like a molle strip) plan to add another accessory holder on the opposite side.

its got plenty of room for your camera and some accessories/extra lenses.

5. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Though it is definitely not a traditional camera bag, I am quite happy with my Maratac Midrange Bag.

6. dodge_911

dodge_911 Loaded Pockets

I use mine as a gear-carryall or a lensbag, with a nifty Tenba insert I found for it that fits just right.
    On productions it can also be my dedicated GoPro bag.

Also, I have a Colossus that acts as my production bag with the necessary EDC tools on the sides of it.
    Nice thing about the Maxpedition molle is that it's kinda compatible with the Lowepro Sliplock system,
    so you could in theory add some more lens storage space to it.
    With some customcut foam, or an insert and a minimal setup, so no grip, and a medium-length lens one could fit a DSLR in there nicely.

7. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

8. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

I considered using a photo insert, but have been using a medium sized Eagle Creek Pack-It Protech Cube. Which Tenba insert are you using?

9. Falco57

Falco57 Loaded Pockets

I have the Forward observer bag from hazard4
    It is great, i've use it with the bag for the lens put on my tactical vest.
    I was on the mountains, wood area, and both wire comfortable.

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. dodge_911

dodge_911 Loaded Pockets

A Tenba Messenger Removable Photo Insert...

11. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

When planning a trip to Paris last year, I was also looking for a good DSLR/EDC carry bag. I settled on a Maxpedition Colossus. It held my camera and other quick access stuff easily in the main compartment, and the thing I liked best is that when you swing the bag in front of you, the opening is facing you. I modified the bag by slipping a 2-inch web strap, with SRBs at both ends, through the PALS webbing on the sides. The buckle at the top made a great grab handle. I also took my Janus to clip into the shoulder strap for an additional carry option, and, when I was going light, used just the web strap with the Janus. Since then, I've purchased a Zoom H4N digital recorder, which fits perfectly in the compartment below the main one.

12. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

So many photographers on this forum, both pros and serious amateurs. One could make the case that we shutterklutzes are the the original EDC-ers.

Loving all the bags/ideas!

13. dodge_911

dodge_911 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, all the stuff we lug around...
    But, as almost any photographer gets to know the hard way, there is no one ideal bag.
    There is an ideal bag for a specific situation.
    I currently own for video/photo use :
    a Thinktank trolley, a Lowepro trolley/backpack, a Lowepro backpack, a Lowepro shoulder-bag, and aforementioned Colossus and Range Bag.
    It all depends on what you want to carry with you, and what you will need, and what your future purchases will be,
    because getting home with a brand new piece of equipment, fiddling around with the organisation of the bag to give it it's place
    and concluding that your almost brand new bag is a tad too small really sucks.

14. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Not only do we all have a multitude of bags, we also have different needs.
    At work I have a Thinktank roller (for storing/transporting all my gear)
    A Lowepro laptop/camera bag (for carrying the laptop, and other gear when I need to send pics from onsite - it had a 300 f2.8, 1.4x converter and the laptop in it last night)
    A Kata waist pack, which carries pocketwizards, flash gels, spare batteries, bottle of water, business cards, and has a lightstand/umbrella strapped across the top.

Then at home I have another Thinktank roller (full of my wife's gear), a lowepro slingshot (hardly used anymore) a crumpler 7million dollar home (used as carry on for trips away) and a large lowepro laptop/camera backpack

Oh and I'm still looking for the perfect bag, I'm currently looking at having something similar to the newswear chestvest made up, but with a sleeve at the back to fit an iPad/11" MacBook air, and smaller pockets on the front to carry a wireless modem and card reader, as well as being able to carry extra lenses and stuff

Then I need a separate bag for my lightstands, modifiers, triggers and gels

15. zebedee
    • In Omnia Paratus

zebedee Loaded Pockets

If I am heading out for the day or travelling overseas on holiday (so I can carry it on board) I use a Lowepro Rover AW II backpack. It's a two section backpack with storage for your camera in the bottom and room to put stuff in the top.

Otherwise my main bag is a Lowepro Stealth Reporter D650 AW. This has plenty of room for extra lenses and other gear. It has a section to store a large laptop and it is deep enough to store your camera with a large zoom attached.

They both come with a 'all weather cover' so it gives you some protection from the elements

16. Jakala

Jakala Loaded Pockets

I'm realy happy with my clik Elite bag, good sturdy pack, with tons of options:
    [​IMG]
    it has a good set op backpack straps with some sort of "molle-like-system" (carries a rollypoly and cellphone pouch)

The lower compartment is accessible by swinging the pack over your shoulder and holds my full-frame pentax + 2 lenses:
    [​IMG]

there are several smaller compartments for all the stuff you need:
    [​IMG]

17. Alfin_lee

Alfin_lee Loaded Pockets

Vote for this...
    [​IMG]
    Fit the DSLR, iPad and others perfectly

18. calebklyne

calebklyne Loaded Pockets

I have been eyeing a hazard 4 for a while now and have to say the build quality is on par or better than maxped gear but on top of that they seem to be more practical and well thought out than any dedicated camera bags/packs I've ever bought

19. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

hal_chase EDC Junkie!!!!!

Did you not see the thread on here about a Hazard4 bag with all the stitching falling apart and the padding coming out the shoulder strap? Personally I would say Maxped was bombproof in comparison.

20. boof

boof Loaded Pockets

how much gear are you planning to carry and what are you generaly going to be shooting? transporting on foot or in a car? when it comes to lugging around camera gear 1. it can get heavy 2. it can get exspensive. good bags will triumph over tacticool every time.
    I did allot of concert photography and used a lowpro toploader zoom aw for years with a spare lens in the camera vest pocket.

[​IMG]