1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's the best battery EDC bag/case?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by LowWorm, Apr 21, 2006.

1. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

What I need is pretty simple: a small, soft-side case with little pockets that can hold batteries ranging from AA down to N-cell size. Anyone know of something that would work? I'd even go hard-side if I could find something portable enough....

2. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I got carrying case from Case Logic that looks something like this:

[​IMG]

Mine is a little different but will hold a couple usb drives plus it has 4 dedicated slots for batteries.  You could even use the usb slots to hold batteries if you want.  I couldn't find a picture of mine on the website but it is somewhat like this one.  You might check out an office supply store such as Staples or Office Depot.  I think both of these in my area had them.

I also bought a few hard plastic cases that will hold 2 and 4 AA/AAA batteries from Outpost.com:

[​IMG]     [​IMG]

These work pretty well, but I've had one come open in my bag.  I closed it and it hasn't come open again so I'm hoping I just didn't close it properly the first time.

3. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

I'll second heathah's suggestion. Case also makes a memory card wallet that is smaller and can hold 6 123's perfectly. I picked up a couple of each at my local Walmart.

For something sturdier, I like the Batuca and other cases at InAnyCase. For the utlitmate, a Pelican from BatteryStation is hard to beat.

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Empty Pockets

I use a case that came with my Etymotic Research 6i earphones. It is made out of neoprene type material and holds 4 AA, or 5 AAA batteries.
    I like the padding, and the small size. They do sell the case seperately for $4, or even one a little larger, with a zipper, for the same money.

[​IMG]

5. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

The poor man's solution... ;)

[​IMG]

6. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

I'm using Stormdrane's solution right now, but it lacks a certain flair... :-X

Really like heathah's Case Logic (could use one side for charged, one for needs to be charged batteries). Trouble is, chances of me finding this exact case are nil to zip, likely. :(

7. Stormdrane

A quick search for "Case Logic Jump Drive Case" on ebay or google and you'll get plenty of hits for that case, in 2pk, 4pk, and 6pk configurations. :)

8. simbad

simbad Loaded Pockets

Surefire's SC carriers are built like a tank and waterproof also but a bit bulky for the pocket, there are versions for 4 or 6 123 batteries and space for a spare lamp. I have an SC1 loaded with fresh batts always in my bag.
    If I need to carry batteries in my pockets I use Stormdrane's ziplock bag.

9. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I often see various model Case Logic carrying cases on clearance sale at Target. Look on the end caps (end of aisles).

I just bought 2 of small Case Logic camera carrying cases for $2.48/each. They mount vertically on the carrying straps of a Maxpedition versapack and are black/olive drab green in color so they match well. I keep a small calculator in one of them.

10. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Thanks, Stormdrane...was able to find it at CompUSA, plus this nice little battery carrier:

mCase Lithium Battery Case. Free shipping on accessories and electronics (until May 6) with code: FREESHIP.

11. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

InAnyCase carries the full line of these cases here.

12. JohnN

JohnN Loaded Pockets

I've found another 'poor man' solution that works pretty well, and I've tried a lot of things... I EDC several batteries in my front pants pocket a heavy duty ziplock by Omniseal. I've found most ziplocks don't stay waterproof long at all. Vaccuum packing batteries worked longer, but still didn't hold up to EDC pocket carry.

I wanted waterproof and I found hard sided cases too bulky for pocket carry. The Omniseal bags stay waterproof a long time and are very cheap.

Here is a picture:

ZOOM IN/OUT
    [​IMG]

You can also see them in this old version of my EDC, or in this BIG picture of my EDC bag (see items#20).

-john

13. Stormdrane

Here's the CR123 battery case I keep in my BOB. I keep it in a ziplock bag since it isn't waterproof.

[​IMG]

14. Prybry

Prybry Loaded Pockets

A film canister from the Kodak Advantix film line makes a nice water tight case for 2 CR123 batterys...

Just a quick hint... for what it's worth.

15. thatmguy

thatmguy Empty Pockets

+1 on the Kodak Advantix.

I put fresh ones "+" side up, and the used "-" side up.

My Inova works fine draining out the "used" ones.

16. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

17. wpowell

wpowell Loaded Pockets

18. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

AW, over on CPF, has a similar 123 holster for 4 cells.  Quality is first-rate.