1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whats on your feet?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MikeySnyder, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Rathbone

Rathbone Loaded Pockets

Viktos Strife Waterproof Mid Boot. Just got them as a replacement for a non brand cheap pair of walking/trainer boots which are falling to bits after 10 wears.
    The Viktos look good quality and I have to say are one of the comfiest boots from the get go. The wider toe makes a real difference. Reasonable price, I'm hoping for about 2 years of hard wear out of them.

twin63 and Stormdrane like this.
  2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Recently went to White's brick and mortar. My father bought his last pair in 1963. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

jag-engr, Stormdrane and twin63 like this.
  3. Rathbone

Rathbone Loaded Pockets

Just wanted to add a quick update. I had a week's holiday and took the Viktos with me. In some really warm tempratures (for the UK) I wore the boots in a variety of terrain (woods, beach, rock, pavement).I estimate a minimum of 6 miles everyday, but one day a lot more.

I'm happy to report they were very comfy from the start, no breaking in required. The "self cleaning" sole performed well and weight-wise were excellent. As they are advertised as waterproof, they did sweat my feet, but not too an uncomfortable level. And this would be the same in any similar boot but certainly not as severe as others I've owned. Considering the intense heat, I'd say they performed really well.

As for negatives, the only real issue is the heel loop is too small to use. It's not a deal breaker, but if they have gone to the trouble of putting a loop on, at least make it large enough to use.

A couple of other remarks, I'd have liked the metal ended laces of their other boots but it's plastic as supplied. The wide toe box is a brilliant feature for comfort but does have a slight bulbous "Frankenstein" look to it.

Overall, I'd sum up by saying these are excellent quality boots at a very reasonable price. A pair for anyone prioritizing function over form without breaking the bank.

twin63 likes this.
  4. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

@Rathbone Glad to hear that about the Viktos. I almost bought a pair of Johnny Combat boots last time they were on sale but decided to hold off. I’ll probably pick up a pair now.

5. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Just doing chores around the house in my Adidas Adilette Clogs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stormdrane likes this.
  6. Cabled84

Cabled84 Loaded Pockets

Rothco Sierra Sole 8" tactical boots. Found them on Amazon. Let's see how well they last. Normally it's a pair of Ariat square toe cowboy work boots. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Stormdrane likes this.
  7. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Walking boot due to a sore Achilles Tendon.

Stormdrane likes this.
  8. Cabled84

Cabled84 Loaded Pockets

Good Ole ariats. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Stormdrane likes this.