1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whats on your feet?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MikeySnyder, Apr 7, 2010.

1. somber

somber Banned

Today I'm wearing a pair of Diesels

[​IMG]

2. sklnxbones

sklnxbones Loaded Pockets

Well I am on my feet all day outside. I am a Park Ranger with the City of Beverly Hills... I can easily walk 10 miles or more every day. Most of the terrain is grass, or trail, or the occasional asphalt...

I wear Merrell Moab Ventilator Mid Walnut.... Size 12 if that matters... http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7459661/714

3. MrJD

MrJD Empty Pockets

Today i'm wearing my new Nike Air Rifts.

4. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

Had on the Nike Hyperdunks today:

[​IMG]

Inspired by the Nike's Marty McFly wore in Back to the Future II

5. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I ordered a pair of Magnum Stealth Leather/Nylon boots. Awaiting delivery as we speak. I've always had a good fit with Magnums, and they're really cheap. I usually get 12-18 months out of them and use them for work. Comfortable like my Airwalk deck shoes but also comply with dress code. I have no access to other boots in the area so I stick with with what I know....if I had the £££s and the opportunity to try them on I would go for something more robust.

PS for UK users, blacks.co.uk has a 20% discount code available until August 4th...Enter 'trek' into the voucher code box at checkout. I have no affiliation with them.

6. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

Love the Arkansas Razorbacks

[​IMG]

7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I wear these only without the white inserts:

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, gotta love those spanish boots under a nice pair of jeans with matching belt and a simple white shirt......

8. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

The goretex nike boots I ordered turned up but were too small. Managed to sell them to a guy at work rather than post them back to the states. Just ordered a pair of Merrell Ozzy shoes and a pair of Merrell Chameleon3 Maze sandals from Sierra Trading post... Pics when they arrive.

9. Basel

Basel Empty Pockets

Work/Non-field: Red Wings Model 953 Factory dyed black
    Work/Field: Red Wings Model 4453 with Zip Kit

Red Wings Supersoles generally last 1 year on concrete/asphalt environment (some consider it too soft, but its forgiving composition is heaven on the feet). To maintain traction, they can be resoled indefinetly so long as the uppers are in good condition. There is something to be said about boots still made in the USA. They stand up well and the company backs the product.

Non-work/Casual: Dansko Professional

The preferred work shoe of health professionals. Don't let clogs and the like scare you.

10. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

I have the following:

Vans Authentic in Black and White
    Vans Era in Black and Red
    American Eagle Sandals in Brown and Tan
    Puma Cyde in Brown Suede
    Hi Tek Outlanders for outdoorsy stuff
    For dressier occasions, I have some nicer dress shoes that I borrowed and never returned from someone who undoubtedly can't fit them anymore. I don't know the name though.

I had some no-name running shoes, but I outgrew them, and I'm looking for a new pair now. I like the Nike Air Max 90's and the ones that are of similar design. They're great running shoes, and can double as everyday shoes.

11. TK66

TK66 Empty Pockets

Black 8inch Original Swat and New Balance 740

12. Bard

Bard Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]
    vast majority of the time, side zip magnum panther 8.0'' w/ lace in zipper. i know, double zip, but it helps and looks clean. and the tri-comfort or whatever dr. scholl's insoles. if its boots, for me, it has to be magnums. wishlist would be a pair of magnum elite spider recon 8.0''
    http://s.onlineshoes.com/images/br061/162445_366_45.jpg

13. nrmcolt80

nrmcolt80 Loaded Pockets

14. lefty

lefty Empty Pockets

A battered old pair of HiTech trainers usually for nipping out to shops, school run etc.
    HiTech walking boots for out on walks or when fishing in Summer. Had them for about 8yrs now and still in really good condition. Mega comfy too.
    Got some Regatta waterproof hiking boots for wet weather and Winter use.

15. pmike

pmike Empty Pockets

merrell shoes all with gortex.

16. FoundingFather

FoundingFather Loaded Pockets

When I'm not working I'm wearing Crocs. I have to deal with alot of haters because I wear them year round but they are so comfortable.

17. samiam2714

samiam2714 Loaded Pockets

Let the haters hate I love my crocs

18. Wire Edge

Wire Edge Loaded Pockets

I've been particulary fond of my Keen sandles around town. At home, my house shoes are some toxic green Croc clogs. I love them, but never thought I would!

19. kaniele

kaniele Loaded Pockets

Pretty much always have a pair of Reef Slippers of some sort on, unless closed-toe shoes are required

[​IMG]

20. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Loaded Pockets

I wear solid white New Balance 609's to work, along with Dr Scholls gel insoles. At home and in my off time, I wear only Merrell hiking tennis shoes. I am a big van of the Ventilator series, my current set is a pair of Chocolate Moab Ventilators with Gore-tex. I love these shoes, nothing in the world comes close IMO. When wearing jeans I throw on my Danner Striker II duty boots, a throw back to my Security days. This pair is brand new due to a defect in my last pair, so they aren't well traveled yet. The Striker II's come with a hefty price tag, about $160 give or take, but they are worth every cent. I wore my last pair as long as 12 hours at a time, on my feet the whole time with the stock insoles, and had no foot fatigue or back pain. They stay tied tight and don't slip around on your feet. You can run like a banshee in these and they handle it great. I chased a burglary suspect while wearing them once, and even after getting them wet(they are gore tex) I never slipped. I didn't catch the guy of course, he was a meth head that was remarkably fast(and running barefoot if you can imagine! Moron lost his crocs about 30 yards into the chase). The local PD ended up arriving about a minute later and we had cornered him in a boat house, they arrested him on the spot.

Fortunately the Merrell's are only about $80 if you catch a sale, and they are always wonderful. I still have an old pair that I pretty much wore till they were floppy. I still wear them for odd jobs where I know I may get pretty dirty, and they do just fine for that.

Oh yea, and I have a pair of Reef flip flops that are always close by. I detest wearing shoes while relaxing at home, so the Reef's get a lot of action. They are pricey as well, sitting at about $50 for my pair, but I get a discount at the proshops on my Resort so it ends up being around $30. Reef sandals are the best for flip flops IMO.

Gary Gross likes this.