1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's on your face - Bandanas/Shemaghs/Tubes

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by InvertedBob, Aug 31, 2015.

1. InvertedBob

InvertedBob Loaded Pockets

Hey guys! Ever since I've opened this thread I tried to get my hands on a Buff since you guys seemed to really recommend those and on the 21st of November last year I got a Green Merino Wool Buff as a birthday gift from one of my friends and I have to say I love it!

I mostly wear it around my neck or as a balaclava and it is just so convenient to wear, it is small, but this version(the merino wool version) is just the right size, since it is a bit longer that the original Buff. It is also very odor resistant and light, so light that I sometimes end up wearing it around the house because I forget to take it off when I get home. I just stuff it into the upper front pocket of my 5.11 R12 along with my gloves and it is always in reach when it gets windy or cold.

I love wearing it in the morning when I go to school because it keeps my throat from getting sore because of the cold morning breeze :)

I totally recommend it!!

2. hibby

hibby Loaded Pockets

I had the same problem with a buff/neck tube causing draughts. I was told to look out for one that covers your shoulders and you put a jumper over the top. No draughts apparantly.

InvertedBob likes this.
  3. InvertedBob

InvertedBob Loaded Pockets

There is a longer version of the Buff called the Cyclone Buff that has a ticker base that's supposed to go around your neck, on your shoulders to help keep wind and cold out. I haven't tried that one, but it might help your case :)

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

The only things on my face are my glasses and my beard. Which is long enough and full enough to keep my neck warm in a winter wind! :rofl:

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. Queen of Saigon

Queen of Saigon Loaded Pockets

I don't know if this counts, but I use the face wrap from my fortrez hoody apart from the hood.

6. Radkreuzwerfer

Radkreuzwerfer Loaded Pockets

My Beard. Occasionally sunglasses. Should I need more?

Gesendet von meinem Cyrus_CS25 mit Tapatalk

Moshe ben David and Grumpy521 like this.
  7. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

My good old shemagh:

[​IMG]

8. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

i've found that pulling the buff down as far as it'll go then putting on a crew neck jumper keeps all of the draft out on my motorcycle, although it probably helps that i have my jacket on over the top
    imo buffs are better for keeping the draft from going down my neck than a balaclava is

9. JeffVenture

JeffVenture Loaded Pockets

I use all three mentioned sofar here and there. Not really into buffs but use a homemade one when I ride the MC. It's a trimmed off sleeve from an old cotton T-shirts. Works great. Would like something of bandana material but somewhere in size between a big 'dana and a sheath when I'm in the woods.

10. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I brought a heavy wool scarf and a merino Buff to my most recent trip to the sandbox.

The scarf was way too thick to wear even during the coldest nights. I typically removed it completely and opted for the Buff.

I couldn’t comfortably wear the scarf for more than half an hour. I was given a keffiyeh by our host. I quickly found that it’s large dimension and lightweight fabric allowed me to control my body temperature better in conjunction with the Buff. If I began to feel warner, I simply loosened the folds of fabric. When feeling cold again, I wrap the longer end around my neck and over the Buff a third time.

The keffiyeh seems to dry quicker as well, and doesn’t itch when damp.

Overall, I was pleased with this combo.

That Movie Guy likes this.