1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's on your EDC knife wish list?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by midnightreport, Dec 12, 2010.

1. midnightreport

midnightreport Loaded Pockets

I'm giving some of my college friends SAKs for the holidays this year (to hopefully show them that knives can be useful tools, not necessarily just "weapons"). I ended up grabbing a bunch of Victorinox Rallys (bottle opener seemed to make more sense that scissors, this is college after all), a couple Classic SDs for my friends that knit, and a LM Micra for one of my techie friends.

While I was shopping around for their gifts, I came across a few knives that got added to my own wish list.

Spyderco Sage 2
    http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=421

Benchmade 943
    http://www.benchmade.com/products/943

:drool:

What's next on your EDC knife wish list?

2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I'm happy with my EDC knives at the moment (would like to add a Vic Rambler), but have been eyeing some traditional pocket knives. I wouldn't mind finding a small sodbuster, baby butterbean, canoe, and a physician's knife under the Christmas tree.

3. nevermas

nevermas Loaded Pockets

I've got a 943, in fact, it is the first Benchmade I've ever purchased. However, since then, I've come across a variety of knives and have been leaving the 943 in the drawer.

ESEE DPx hest folder is the next target on my list

4. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

next on my list:

-xm-18 flipper (wish i never sold mine!)
    -HEST folder
    -small Insingo Sebenza
    -Umnamzaan
    -Spyderco Leafstorm

5. shortarms

shortarms Empty Pockets

Just ordered a Junkyard Dog II Composite for my Christmas present but for the beauty of it, I must have a Case SlimLock with Abalone Handle. I don't want to use it, I want to look at it. Everyday.

6. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Strider SnG CC w/ Ranger green scales and either stone washed blade or digicam.

7. Hector

Hector Empty Pockets

I'm looking to get a Cold Steel AK-47 in order to retire my Gerber Gator to my car's glove box. I've heard great things about Cold Steel, and this knife seems to have the right dimensions for me, and I really like the form-fitting grip as well as the glass-breaking tip at the butt.

8. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I'm a simple man with simple needs. On my wishlist is:

BM Morpho 32
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    CRK Mnandi
    Spyderco Ti Military

9. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I love my Mini AK-47! It's in my pocket right now. Great feeling in-hand, and I love the thumb-plate. However, I didn't think the aluminum pommel was meant as a glass breaker...

My EDC knife wishlist is a Kershaw Leek or Skyline. I put those two knives on my Christmas list because they are easily available at Wal-Mart and other big stores, but I've really developed a liking to the Leek.. It's small, comfortable, and downright fun to play with!

10. MConstable

MConstable Loaded Pockets

I'm fairly new to "good" knives...I own a Benchmade 730CFHS (byfar my favorite), a Spyderco Poliwog, and a Zero Tolerance 0302...I'm obsessive-compulsive, so there are a LOT that I want, but the short list contains a Benchmade Rift, a Spyderco Manix II, and a Ken Onion Kershaw "Offset".

I really like interesting looking knives, a form and function sort of thing, so I have a feeling I'll end up buying some based on looks alone, and regret it. lol

11. copperhead

copperhead Empty Pockets

I am looking at a spydeerco native, or a benchmade 530

12. dwong

dwong Loaded Pockets

Lochsa, plain
    Les's ESR, frame-lock
    XM-18, 3" non-flipper, Yellow or Orange

13. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

I'm looking to add a few customs to my collection and to use them as edc's. So far this includes my Mike Irie Model 11 Spearpoint folder, only custom I have. I want to add a JW Smith SD-3 to the group, along with something from Dustin Turpin, maybe the War Chief, or repentance. Also on the list is a CRK Umnumzaan, and a Boker Titan Defender. These will take me the upcoming year to acquire, but at least it gives me some direction!

14. empty

empty Empty Pockets

Boy, this is a great thread. When it comes to personal knives I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. The two knives I want haven't even been released and I'm already antsy.

As most of you know our current ZT0350CB was a limited run of only 500 pieces. However, the consumers wanted more of that style, and the brain-trust at ZT told me last week that a newer but similar knife is in the pipeline. Jeff and Mark at Blue Ridge assure me that any reseller with B/O will have their orders filled when that shipment arrives. (I have two coming from that list--and one of them is mine all mine!)

The other one is just a silly desire. I don't need the knife, I might never use it (I always say that) and I think it will make a good biker's knife. I have an ESEE H.E.S.T folder on B/O, and who knows when that will arrive.

Yeah, I know it's made of more mundane steel, and their series "3" model in a boot sheath will do any job I might require. But at some level I'm a folder guy, and I just want it.

15. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

I wish I could find a Caly Jr PE in Black Micarta. They are impossible to find.

16. locknload223

locknload223 Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Manix 2 Carbon Fiber S90V

H.E.S.T Folder.

17. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Do you mean the old, first gen Caly Jr or have they made are more recent run of these?

(I have one of the old ones, it's my favorite Calypso. In fact, it's my favorite Spyderco. If there's a newer version, I want one of those too!)

18. balitech

balitech Empty Pockets

Xm-18
    ZT0551 limited edition
    HEST sterile left hand limited edition
    29 Knives butterfly knife

19. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

I own several cold steels, though not an ak, and I love them all. My current edc is a recon 1

20. Rquagliata

Rquagliata Loaded Pockets

I have wanted a busse war boar(Karambit) for a while.
    I just can never afford one when I see them available.