1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's on your Christmas list?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ArkansasFan30, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

A great time with family. The wife and I decided to put the gift money towards a France/Rome trip next year and just spoil the grandkids.

Unfortunately, I caught her asking a friend about Rick Hinderer knives during Thanksgiving though.

Gary Gross and J_C like this.
  2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

• Last year I worked with 5 military families to shoot video of the wives and kids as part of the holiday package to send to their active duty dads in the desert. Although it was a total success, my Christmas list includes a wish that I need not do this again; meaning that we can bring our troops home so that the families can be together.
    • Giving a care package to one of our neighbor's family that has fallen on hard times.
    • Giving some of my seldom-worn clothes to the son of a dear friend who has just separated from active duty and has had a tough time finding gainful employment due to this still-sluggish economy.
    • Volunteering about 20 hours over the next month at the homeless shelter.

3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

When I made the list thread, I really didn't imply anything charitable or altruistic. All my life, when asked "ArkansasFan, what do you want for Christmas this year?" I've been left with a deer in the headlights look to the point my family gets angry. I've been well blessed.

I'm not suggesting material goods are of any importance because I realize they're typically not.

J_C and MCPOWoller like this.
  4. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I wanted either a Cannae Legion or Vanquest Ibex especially with the sale prices, but after going through 5 boxes of various bags and pouches and actually getting really irritated (small house, not much room). I decided I want to get rid of some bags. :bye:

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  5. ArkansasFan30

I have a lot of stuff I'd like to part ways with as well.

6. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Material goods are indeed VERY important. Clothing and blankets are two types that immediately pop-up in my mind. I've given several items from my wardrobe and household inventory over several decades.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something material. It's indicative of the affluence that our societies have worked diligently to develop.

7. ArkansasFan30

Yes, you're correct in the items that are important. Again, I'm talking about random **** that we ask for for Christmas, lol.

8. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I know. So was I. All is good. Merry Christmas.:)

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  9. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

Knife: Id like a bm 810 contego
    anything else related to camping would be great, or maybe a framed back pack since all i have are frameless, i know nothing about framed backpacks though so i doubt that will show up under my invisible tree this year haha.

10. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Nothing!!

plague112 likes this.
  11. EmberMike

EmberMike Loaded Pockets

Vasque Summit GTX boots

12. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

2 sets older but high-end 1200-count queen-size bedding - one set each to two military families
    1 set Chicago Cutlery kitchen knife set to a sponsored Salvation Army family
    1 4-chair dinette set to a young pregnant single mom
    4 pepper spray canisters - 1 each to 4 female freshmans at a local university
    1 week of groceries to an older widowed woman living by herself
    2 pairs well-worn Johnston & Murphy dress shoes to a widowed older man with no family
    1 25-lb. cooked turkey plus fixins' to a young underling and his new family (to be delivered on 24Dec)
    1 brand-new and still in box Spyderco Native to a rookie at the PD of an adjacent city. This was a Christmas gift from a fellow EDCF member to me last year.

Last edited by 0dBm, Dec 3, 2016
    Gogogordy and WillAdams like this.
  13. fisk-king

fisk-king Loaded Pockets

3oz of liberty silver
    1/4 oz gold eagles
    Bless those around me.

Typed by my butler Jenkins on tapatalk

14. Crash_Fistfight

Crash_Fistfight Loaded Pockets

FSS=Federal Supply System.

15. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

Usually I don't really "want" something special for Christmas, because I tend to buy to myself what I really need any time of the year. I don't give a Christmas list to the family, so every year it's the traditionnal pairs of socks, wrong-sized pullovers and books :rolleyes:

This year however, I bought myself an UF-Pro pant' with his combat shirt, it was a group order with friends from the shooting range, so I hope it'll arrive soon as my gift from myself to me :D

Oh, and about "Christmas family spirit" and stuff, some of you know the "Dropkick Murphys" band right? Enjoy...

"
    Some families are messed up while others are fine
    If you think yours is crazy
    Well you should see mine"

16. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

I asked for this guy, a Fossil Vintage Aviator 54 watch. I have on good authority that I'll get it since I bought it and am wrapping it for someone else to give to me. Being an adult is working out great. :)

[​IMG]FS5249_main by Chris Trout, on Flickr

THX2008 likes this.
  17. irl314

irl314 Loaded Pockets

I've been wanting to get my hands on the benchmade socp for ages, I haven't had a dedicated self defense knife for far too long