1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's in your EDC Notebook??

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by collk88, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

I'm 49

I did WAAAAAAY too many drugs back in the 80's when I was young and stupid.

The consequence is my memory is shot!

So I have made it a habit to write down everything.

Lately though I mostly enter notes in my iPhone, but still regularly use pen and paper.

"I'm curious, what do YOU put in your notebook?"

Everything! :laugh:

2. JN

JN Loaded Pockets

I carry two slim A6 notebooks in one canvas holder.

First notebook has tear-away blank faint-yellow pages for scrapnotes; front pages for things to google, books to check up, doodles, miscellaneous lists that I'm working on etc, and the back for current errand/todo list. Pages are tear away when not needed.

The second notebook has ruled lines for permanent notes; front pages for notes/quotes/ideas I took while reading/working, pages are date stamped for future reference, while the back pages are for quick reference : measurements of household furniture to fix/purchase, ideas, phrases/words/quotes, long term todo, etc. This second notebook is filed away when full. Sometimes I tear off pages that I still need to refer and glue them to the new notebook (using fuss-free tape glue which is useful for attaching scraps to the notebook as well) instead of copying them.

The first notebook unclutters and prolongs the life of the second one. Both are slim and fit nicely together in one canvas holder that lives in my bag.

This system is largely adopted from a Japanese personal management book that I read.

3. Fukurai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

that sounds interesting. I hope you don't mind, if I try to adopt it :nervous:

4. hiddensoul

hiddensoul Loaded Pockets

Sounds like we have even more in common lol

5. hiddensoul

I carry two notebooks, a small one for random jotting, I am hearing impaired and use it sometimes in noisy environments to aid communication with my wife as whispering is out of the question lol I also have a larger notebook for more long term stuff, formulas, Ham radio stuff etc I am liking the look of the rite in the rain pads and might get one to keep in my vest for on the motorbike, useful for jotting down stuff like accident details etc...

6. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

..I don't even remember typing that [​IMG]

:laugh:

7. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Who are you people and do I still owe you money?! :woohoo:

8. Chopper

Chopper Loaded Pockets

I'm me, and yes you do owe me £25,000, as your only 200 miles away you can drop it off to me as you promised to do in the morning.

9. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

I'm Phil.. remember? We spoke on the phone last week. You promised to send me a case of Pommy Beer ;D

You really should take notes so you don't forget these things.....and yay me, in one quick post I've steered this careening thread back on topic :laugh:

10. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

I recently got one of those. I'll bring it along when we catch up for a ride.

p.s. If you are travelling back and forth between Warragul and Drouin through the new roundabout at Waterford rise and see some bald bloke on a big orange mower, thats me. I got the gig mowing the estate. Drop in and say G'day :)

11. hiddensoul

Cool so I can blame you for having to slow down to 80 :p

12. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

Nah!!!

I blame my Dad and his business partners (Baw Baw Develpoments) :mad: ;D

:topic:

13. Inner Prop

Inner Prop Loaded Pockets

80 kmph right, not slowing down to 80mph?

14. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

This is the year 2011 ..and is almost 2012... miles per hour is soooooo 19th century! .. EARLY 19th century.

The metric system came into operation .. sometime .. umm ..I dunno .. waaaaaay years ago

Currently the time here is 12:26 pm 29th december 2011

Which I guess means we are from your future ;D

15. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

1 miles per hour = 1.609344 kilometers per hour :p

which means 80 kph = 49.7096954 mph

16. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a moleskine notebook, just a simple spiral bound one, in a shirt pocket.
    I use it to store essential phone numbers, a few business cards, and any other notes I take at work (normally names and phone numbers)

17. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Mid sized Mead [​IMG]

18. Tuirrenn

Tuirrenn Loaded Pockets

Mine is a Moleskine 3x5 and its a dumping ground for everything from telephone mumbers and shopping lists, to ideas for work and everything in between, its only temporary storage till I can enter the information in its rightful place.

19. sotto2

sotto2 Loaded Pockets

I'm older than dirt and when I was young drugs were of no interest to me personally. By the same token, I take a lot of pleasure in writing "to-do's" in a small credit card-sized leather pocket jotter, and I keep my birding observation records in one of the small soft leather notebooks made by the Napa Valley company Scully. I use fountain pens exclusively, just because.

20. IronPrayers

IronPrayers Loaded Pockets

I keep miscellaneous info in my Moleskine, I got tired of using my phone and texting random tid bits to friends and family then having to explain my random cryptic messages later.