1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's in your Admin Pouch?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Firedrow, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

I'm looking at buying an admin pouch soon, but I was trying to think of what I would want to place in it. I've looked through a lot of the topics and the images of others, but what do you carry in your admin pouch? I wanted to see about getting a consolidated answer to the spread out images.

2. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

I like how you are apparently pre-buying gear in anticipation of a need. If there is any bigger sign of a gear junkie, I don't know what it is.

3. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

Well I do have the need. I work in IT, so I plan on carrying a small screwdriver with phillips and slot head bits, a couple precision screwdrivers for laptops, a notebook, a couple of pens, my gerber mp600, and a couple other tools I like to have with me. I just think others have already figured out commonly used items to keep in their admin pouch that I may be ignoring. Or possibly I could move a couple of my tools out to the Voodoo Ergo bag I carry now with tools and cables in it.

But I wouldn't argue the gear junkie. :p

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

hi firedrow im a slot tech..and when i work on the floor doing general repair.. i use my maxped monkey admis pouch... it easily holds a small multi tip
    and pliers and my mutitool and flashlight pen paper wire ties etc etc i can hand carry or belt attach... plenty of outside webbing for add-ons too

love it

5. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

What's commonly used is going to vary from person to person, and that's compounded if the items in question are related to one's occupation. Seems you've got a good chunk of the potential load planned out for the pouch. If you prefer having all of those tools in one place and the option of taking them alone or dropping in some other bag then perhaps an admin is the best way to go.

6. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

I'll configure the pouches with different gear depending what activities or places I will be going. The nice part of using the pouches is that you can create modules that you can pull out without having to dump your bag out.

texan86 likes this.
  7. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

:worthless:

8. Bas and Lokes Straps

Bas and Lokes Straps Empty Pockets

Hi guys, well, I recently purchased a Maxpedition admin pouch and the small Condor one as I wanted to see them in person and decide which one I would use. I love them both, but I feel that putting even half of my stuff in them makes them bulk out too much and look unattractive. Wasn't there a thread somewhere on this forum which was about photos of peoples admin pouches? I did a search but couldn't find anything. Appreciate a link. :) THANK YOU.

Bas

9. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

That's why I made this thread. I can't find a consolidated admin pouch topic. People post there admin pouches on other random threads, mixed in with their other bags, bobs, fak, etc.

10. lonewolfranger

lonewolfranger Loaded Pockets

11. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

I think you are looking for this thread:

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/72299-EDC-Pocket-Organizer-Pics?highlight=post+organizer

12. Bas and Lokes Straps

Bas and Lokes Straps Empty Pockets

13. TOCA

TOCA Empty Pockets

As an "ADMIN" or as I call us "MADmins" cause we're a little loopy with g33k speak n such; anyways flashdrive pouches loaded with various av kits, hard drive recovery kits, and the like F.I.R.E. or HELIX toolsets, live distro's for our line of work, networking and packet analysis tools... anything we can throw onto various flash drives for the different kinds of work we do as Madmins.

Then theres always a pack of live CD's and OS repair sets like slipstream Win98-Win2kP-XPpro-Win7 made with BartPE.

You will of course find AutoIt as an indespensible Administrators roll out tool for multiple machines, and it works very well as a programming IDE. From which you can make AutoIt scripts to automate just about anything along with your own GUI designs and UDF's.

IT geared software on Portable media is always the very best thing to have handy in your EDC.

And before I forget theres always your Backtrack 4 and Ubuntu distro's as well as a load of 802.11 Wifi adaptor-usb dongles for wokfi work , USB-GPS dongles for your Access Point mapping software or geocaching work.

On the hardware side, theres assorted portable routers with a small formfactor, you can have flashed with custom firmware for specific IT work, and a whole bevvy of 802.11 a/b/g/n antenna's , collapsible parabolic's, cantenna's worksets.

By now you can see I'm one of them 802.11 Wifi G33ks :p

14. TjPippa

TjPippa Loaded Pockets

15. locknload223

locknload223 Loaded Pockets

I didn't want to carry a seperate case as I wanted quick access. As it turned out, the inner panel of my FII works perfectly. I'm kinda in IT as well and found these two tools from Home Depot made by Husky work great for smaller tasks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]