1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whatever happened to the old Inka Pens?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by PatriotAR15, Jan 29, 2015.

1. PatriotAR15

PatriotAR15 Loaded Pockets

Apparently it seems Nite Ize bought Inka, and decided to discontinue to Inka pens that go on your keychain. All they sell is a plastic piece of crap that can't be assembled into a larger pen.

My Inka Pen broke a while back and have contacted nite ize, looking for a replacement. They replaced it with that plastic piece of junk... Now I can't find where to get the original inka pen.

2. TangoMike

TangoMike Loaded Pockets

I've got that "plastic cap" one. Mine is the smaller version with pen and stylus, and I actually like it. Sure it's small, but it's also on a Keychain, you don't want to big. They make a normal version as well. And it's not plastic lime you see on freebie hotel pens, it's nylon (maybe glass reinforced nylon) a tough plastic. Might not be like the old ones, but give it a chance.

3. labrat

labrat Loaded Pockets

The Inka pens are still available on eBay, but the price is doubled, and more!, since I bought mine!
    Refills also expencive!

4. labrat

labrat Loaded Pockets

How did you manage to break yours?
    They are steel and top quality plastic, cannot see them breaking?

5. mootay

mootay Empty Pockets

I've looked but failed to find the old inka pens on ebay. They may appear occasionally or there may be some old pens in stock somewhere at some obscure vendor. Either way, there is thread that suggest compact zebra F301 pens. They are a bit longer than the old inka pens, but much cheaper, durable and not too bad in size overall.

6. labrat

labrat Loaded Pockets

The original Inka pen have been revived! Nite Ize Inka Key Chain Pen, it is available on eBay. In aluminium, not stainless steel, so I wonder how it will hold years in a pocket. But it is available, and this must be the best pen available for key chain/pocket carry if the quality equals the original one.

#6 labrat, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  7. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

Check Cutlery Shoppe

8. labrat

labrat Loaded Pockets

They only show the crap plastic Inka pen from Nite Ize.
    Not the new one shown on Nite Ize own page.

Last edited by labrat, Aug 18, 2018
    #8 labrat, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  9. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, usin' Elgoog for the terms, "Nite Ize Inka Key Chain Pen", without quotes, shows that they're available at the Nite Ize site and other places, like the Depot... And they come in a few colors.

Neat that they're reintroducing them, although only in aluminum; I still have the titanium version with the cf components from way back when (link goes to old news about it), which is still holding up (just on keyring for quick notes).

:cool:

10. labrat

labrat Loaded Pockets

I have some in stainless steel.
    On my keychain there is one that has been there since 2005/2006, with my keys, a small Victorinox knife, a USB memory stick in stainless steel, and a miniature bottle opener.
    The stainless steel body of the Inka have a very distinct mark, that can be clearly felt when moving your finger over it, from wear and tear over the years.
    I don't think aluminum can withstand physical wear from other metal objects like that over so long time!

11. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

You can't really see the logo or the imprint that says it's titanium very well anymore, yet here's mine.

I don't remember when I saw that it was included in a gift bag for a Television Academy event (hosted by the current potus, and I thought it was actually for some awards event attendees, or maybe in a gift bag of Oprah's favorite things, yet I can't find any record of those, so I must've misremembered the deets), yet that's what made me want to find out about this writing instrument. And although the Ti version had an MSRP of almost $90 (according to this review), I found the email from >10 years ago showing I got it for just over a third of that, shipped.
    [​IMG]
    Not as clean-looking as a brand new one, huh?

:cool: