1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What watch purchase had you feeling sick afterwards?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by _STL_15_, Dec 31, 2009.

1. seawolf69

seawolf69 Empty Pockets

My wife's Rolex

2. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

thread revival? apologies if this is a necro post...

purchase that made me sick? tag heuer F1 chronograph. had it just over 12 months (from new) and the crown, which was plastic, stripped its threads and so wouldnt screw down. took it in to my jewellers for repair, was out of warranty, so took a hit of £100 and chopped it in for an omega seamaster chronograph and never looked back!

3. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

plastic? really? wow, wonder why they chose to use plastic for the crown. sorry about that. what a bummer.

4. davem

davem Loaded Pockets

A few years ago I got the hankering to clean out my watch collection--only keep the good stuff and sell off the stuff that I was bored with. I sold my Tudor Chronograph that I had made layaway payments on for over a year when I was 26 and wore on my wedding day 16 years ago. I don't really miss the watch but probably should have kept it for sentimental value. It had a silver dial with black subdials--a very CLEAN design before they made all that TIGER (Tiger Woods label) crap...

During that period I also sold my Breitling Chronomat--my first Swiss watch ever that I bought in 1990 when I was 22 and couldn't afford it! (Stainless with yellow gold crown, pushers, and bezel markers, smoke grey dial w/cobalt blue subdials. It was beautiful and has long since been discontinued), my Omega Speedmaster, my Chopard Imperiale chronograph (discontinued), my IWC GST Titanium Aquatimer (discontinued), and my Nivrel 5-minute Repeater...I miss all those watches. I didn't need the money--my tastes had just changed over time.