1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What watch did your father wear?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Southpaw, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Nice! Longines has a bit of an odd policy in place for their price-tier. They're happy to get old Longines timepieces working again if they've stopped running. Usually involves an evaluation of what's wrong, and a discussion with the owner on possible solutions. Though it'll cost a premium. Still, that's a great policy considering brands in higher price-tiers don't even come close to offering something like that.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. bzimmerly

bzimmerly Loaded Pockets

I was raised by my grandparents, and my grandpa (1902-1990) wore a silver Timex self-winding watch for as long as I can remember. :angel:

3. tattoo13

tattoo13 Loaded Pockets

My Father wore an old Pulsar. He was a construction equipment mechanic for over 40 years and day in and day out he wore this Pulsar. Going to church on Sundays and dressing up he wore a gold Seiko.
    After he died I was not present when they split up his stuff, and the family decided I would get the gold Seiko since it was the most valuable and I was his only son. They could not fathom why I was pissed and wanted the Pulsar.
    I did get it and one of my nephews got the Seiko and I am sure has lost it or pawned it, but I have the Pulsar and I still tear up when I hold it.
    With it is the Uncle Henry that he carried for work, it has been sharpened so many times it is about 1/4" shorter than a new one. When he was working he always carried it on that piece of metal from his belt.
    The other knife is a little Schrade he carried when he was not working.
    I hate even taking this stuff out anymore, just makes me sad that he is gone, I would give a month of my life to have one more day with him.
    [​IMG]

Cobra 6 Actual, cmo and bzimmerly like this.
  4. PaTom

PaTom Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

In my room as I saw this thread. My fathers (gold band) and my father in laws watches they wore at the end. I'm not a watch guy or even wear one but wound up with both.

5. elduderino

elduderino Loaded Pockets

My old man still wears the tissot chronograph, with omega movement, that he was wearing in my earliest memory, 34 years ago.

The story of how he bought it involves a trip to Europe, some colleagues who'd spent a lot of money on wine and women, and their demands that dad spent the equivalent amount before they went home.

Its a lovely watch, but that must have been a fun couple of weeks for his mates.

Where in Europe you ask? Amsterdam...

6. myemptymind

myemptymind Loaded Pockets

cmo likes this.
  7. Hondo 1108

Hondo 1108 Loaded Pockets

Heuer Carrera 12 Dato[​IMG]

plk7 likes this.