1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What was your longest serving bag ???

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by clock, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Skunk Ape

Skunk Ape Loaded Pockets

Well, I am 37 so my.... Sorry, I'll keep it clean. I have had an Adidas duffel since I was in grade 4. That sucker took every kind of punishment. The only issue I ever had with it was the plastic clip on plastic d-ring for the shoulder strap squeaked when I had a heavy load in there.

2. koda

koda Loaded Pockets

I still have my Deuter Futura. It has been with me for many years. Definitely a solid day bag that I will never part with. I recently aquired a Maxpedition Malaga though that will become my EDC and hopefully it will last just as long. I'll let ya'll know in a few years ;)

3. bud760
    • In Omnia Paratus

bud760 Loaded Pockets

A dickies messenger bag i've had for 6+ years

4. Gray_Pierce

Gray_Pierce Loaded Pockets

my medic bag from armored industries... i had it for 2 years and it is still in top condition

5. The7thNazgul

The7thNazgul Loaded Pockets

I have a jumbo that is going on two years.

6. 70dart

70dart Loaded Pockets

7. Reshki

Reshki Loaded Pockets

My absolute longest lasting bag has been my medium ALICE. Got it from surplus in the mid-80's, so I don't know how old it is, and it served as my bookbag through high school and college, not to mention my primary camping bag. Still has no holes or appreciable wear.

For a more current EDC, a Duluth Pack book bag that I bought to look more professional after graduating college in the mid-90's.

8. bobmysterious

bobmysterious Loaded Pockets

I've been lugging around a North Face for at least 12 years. It takes a beating and keeps on going. Just recently moved into a Kifaru, I'll get back to y'all on that one in another 30 years or so.....

9. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I have had bags longer but I sold them off. Right now the longest serving bag is Dana Design, I am not sure how old it is off the top of my head but it has been around for awhile. I used it to do the AP trail and I have at least 4,500 miles of walking with it, probably more.

10. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

36 years, and still going strong (I mean the pack).
    I bought it from REI in 1974 when I started grad school. The straps tore because of the weight of my learned textbooks, so I sent it back for repair. REI re-sewed the straps and I haven't had a problem since. It's bright red, shapeless and has met my needs for everything from day trips to lengthy vacations. One of my children will probably inherit it.

11. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

Northface Quasar, 6 years, 4 countries (1 3rd world), and looks basically brandnew. Still rotate it in and out of the gear shuffle when i want something less tactical :)

12. bhuber

bhuber Loaded Pockets

I've been using a Targus laptop backpack for 7 or 8 years now. Moving away from it to a Mystery Ranch outsider and a Dragonslayer.

13. Twitchy

Twitchy Loaded Pockets

Timbuk2 Limited Edition NYC messenger bag. 7 years old and counting. But it has reached a stage where it will soon (next 2 months or so) need replacing as it is no longer waterproof - the lid-flap has worn away at the two spots where messenger bags tend to fold, and the corners at the bottom have also started to fail. But I can forgive it, for it has served me well: 7 years of almost daily use, at least 3 days a week, but on average around 5, every week of every month for those 7 years! Carrying everything from a ton of books for uni, daily shopping, clothes for the odd outing to all the crap one tends to carry on long-haul flights. It has been with me in many countries (Germany, Australia, Austria, Japan and some more),carrying safely all my crap in the sweltering heat of a 46°C day in Italy, through the torrential rains of New Zealand, to the -20°C winter of KCMO (an odd feeling when ones nose hairs freeze when inhaling!). I estimate it has travelled enough holiday kilometres alone to go around the world about 6 times.

Thinking of getting something from Booq to replace it as I need to start carrying something that reflects my age and looks a bit more "professional".

14. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I have carried my Saddleback Leather extra large briefcase the longest. Unfortunately, the short leather pads on the carry strap finally defeated me. One alone was too short and the two pushed together left a pronounced ridge/lump in the center. Perhaps I was just trying to carry too much.

15. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

ogio metro for the past 3 years. I've took it on more flights then I can count and used it to carry everything under the sun I can think of. Only recently the seems have started to come undone and one sipper is starting to fail. Ogio saids they have a lifetime warranty I might have to take advantage of that here soon.

16. RickBlane

RickBlane Banned

Large Alice Pack for over 40 years. EDR - every day ride along - Most would call it a BOB. But since I use something out of it every day (sometims several somethigs a day) I think of it more of a EDC item. I have from time to time given the "hot bag of the moment" a try but I keep returning to Alice. The old girl has got features other bags could not even dream of.

17. BCKane

BCKane Empty Pockets

I've had a yellow and black victorinox pack since 94. The bag still works great, but the interior waterproofing started to come off.

18. wretched_youth

wretched_youth Loaded Pockets

In 1989 I bought a Macpac Gemini used from a friend. It went around the world with me, twice, including to the Soviet Union, the USA, the UK and Japan. It served me well and my son took it to University with him last year. That's it gone then, but at least it's still getting out there

19. bryden76

bryden76 Loaded Pockets

Almost a year with this one but it still isn't everything I need.

[​IMG]
    _MG_1865 by bryden76, on Flickr

20. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

black giant duffle bag from eastpack. almost 15+ years or so...it travelled around the globe with me and was abused in all kinds of situations....i come home and put it into the washing machine, and its almost like new. no holes in the material, no torn seams....