1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What was your First Spyderco???(Pics Encouraged)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by corndog815, Apr 30, 2009.

1. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

No pics, they are gone. But, the first Spydie I ever bought was a first gen Delica with full serrations. Actually, bought two within a year of each other. First one my dad "borrowed" and lost out feeding animals one winter. The second lasted a lot longer, but it was eventually given to a real good friend of mine that I felt could use it. I replaced it with a non-Spydie brand knife for many years. Finally, about two years ago I bought a Salt I to replace the other knife. The Salt has been carried in my pocket so much, that the yellow handle is starting to sun fade where it sticks out of my pocket.

2. hlc

hlc Empty Pockets

spyderco manix 2, but only preordered, will receive after july 26th. :laugh:
    [img width=640 height=480]http://paulberetta.com/manix2s/images/manix2_01.jpg[/img]

3. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

I was thinking about getting the Manix 2 also but I'm not so sure about the thumb lock button. Knife Center says they have them in stock now.

Parawolfe

4. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

My first Spyderco was the $40 Walmart Native. My second Spyderco was the $40 Walmart Native as I lost the first one. It is my EDC carry, though it needs sharpening after I got peeved and cut off the air hose at a filling station pay tire air machine that didn't work. Darn hose had a stainless steel wire mesh layer. Managed to cut completely through, but the edge took a beating. I also bought a Spyderco Delica, but it's not nearly as ergonomic as the Natives and not nearly as sharp from the factory. Also bought a G-10 scaled Spyerco Byrd Flight. Now that's a great knife - built like a tank, very good blade configuration and really really sharp -, especially for the money. About $25 shipped and highly recommended.

5. Ragadorn

Ragadorn Empty Pockets

The first time I bought a spyderco I bought 2 of them: A Delica 3 and a Delica 4 SS. I really love SS finishing and from then I bought only SS Spydercos (a Scorpius and a Lava :) )

[​IMG]

Bye

6. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

No pics, as I just ordered it about 2 hours ago, but my first Spyder is a Pacific Salt with a plain edge in yellowI really wanted the Atlantic, but the cutting edge is longer on the Pacific. Odd thing is now I have a Wenger evo 18 in yellow, my Palm pro silicone skin is yellow, & now the Salt in yellow. Never really liked the color before, but I'm starting to notice a patern. :lolhammer:

7. Torpedo Vegas
    • +1 Supporter

Torpedo Vegas Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a Caly 3 CF but I cant wait for the new Dragonfly! :roof:

8. JordanG

JordanG Empty Pockets

My first will be the half-serrated Delica 4 ZDP-189 I ordered last week. Can't wait!

9. Nex~gen

Nex~gen Empty Pockets

This is my first one, I bought it on a trip to Yosemite about 6 or 7 years ago and i still have it
    [​IMG]

10. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

I was a Harpy lover - Stainless and Carbon Fiber were my first two (bought them within a week of each other ;D ):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old old pictures and have since sold both...

11. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Nice collection!

On the left hand side, are those custom scales for the Cricket? Never seen those before.

On the right side, what are the 2 right above the Ladybug? They look great.

12. thewae

thewae Empty Pockets

Native.
    [img width=640 height=424]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss66/dubdub/DSC_0245.jpg[/img]

13. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

I can't tell for certain from the picture but the Cricket looks like the discontinued model with FRN scales. I'm anxious to hear his reply too now. Nice little knife.

Parawolfe

14. XeroTheHero

XeroTheHero Loaded Pockets

I don't have a pic 'cause its been traded, but my first Spydie was a gen 4 Endura Wave. After the Spydie bug hit me, I ended up with a Delica 4 w/ZDP blade, Native 4, Tenacious, Sage, and my most recent purchase a NIB Lava that will probably stay NIB. I loves me some Spyderco!

I'm considering getting a Sage II next. I love the Sebenza's, just hate the price (although they are worth it, don't get me wrong!). Little out of my range for now.

15. runningdeer

runningdeer Empty Pockets

Native here as well.

16. Molly

Molly Loaded Pockets

:D My first was SS AUS6 Endura full Spyder Edge and second is FRN VG-10 Endura4 also full Spyder Edge :D

[img width=640 height=512]http://i.piccy.info/i4/8a/0c/39f11f3aeb2147d20b76d34917e0.jpeg[/img]

[img width=640 height=506]http://i.piccy.info/i4/69/07/d12ae1ad7eaa339736017c269bb1.jpeg[/img]

[img width=640 height=329]http://i.piccy.info/i4/36/78/eb7074174de710e82eec1b8e8257.jpeg[/img]

17. scout24

scout24 Empty Pockets

First was a Delica, fully serrated back around 1994. Still have it, plastic pocket clip and all! Serrations are nowhere near as pointy as they used to be, but if I have it long enough, maybe it will turn into a plain edge! Just never found anything else that felt as smooth to open, I've had a Delica ever since, in one form or another...

18. pedervisti

pedervisti Empty Pockets

On the way is a Denmark Penknife... i live in denmark so ofcourse i needed to have one :D
    [​IMG]

19. SaturnNyne

SaturnNyne Empty Pockets

Hello, first time posting here after lurking about for a long time.

My first Spyderco was my Spyderedge Cricket Lightweight FRN. I got it probably about five years ago and it's still a favorite, nothing else I have packs so much cutting power into such a tiny and light form. Back when I EDC-ed it, I loved to pull it out and put my friends' much bigger knives to shame. My experience with the Cricket is what first inspired my love of Spyderco above all other knife companies. Great little knife!

You can see it on the left here (click for larger):
    [​IMG]

The Cricket in that photo definitely looks like the standard FRN model they used to have. It's smooth on the clip side (as you can see in my photo above) and has the typical FRN grip pattern on the left side. The one directly above the Ladybug is a Calypso Jr.

20. Dekz

Dekz Loaded Pockets

My first (and only) Spyderco. It actually has pretty bad blade play, which has turned me off of buying any others. Especially considering how expensive they are.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/Dekz/Knives/KnifeCollection031.jpg[/img]