1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Unusual Items Have Become Surprisingly Handy To EDC?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by toasterburn, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Batsy

Batsy Loaded Pockets

Nobody wants banana flavored spermicidal water.. good call on the lube/scent free rubbers.

2. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Since Christmas...a "Solar Bible Bus". Fans of TTB will know what I'm talking about :)

3. Brian Gilbert

Brian Gilbert Empty Pockets

Nice! I just bought one of these myself - https://www.crkt.com/eat-n-tool.html

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

fourSAK likes this.
  4. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

P38 can opener...not every can is a pull top

fourSAK and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. Gym55Rat

Gym55Rat Loaded Pockets

Diddo

6. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Brilliant. My mother in law is famous for her discount shop presents. I was initially unimpressed with the backscratcher. Instant gratification. It has become the most useful present I have ever received. A great multipurpose device that should have LM scared. If you are anything like me and have drawers that overflow with nylon flashlight cases and other EDC paraphernalia , it is great for rescuing lost items from the bowels of the chest of drawers.

Tbzbbt

fourSAK likes this.
  7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I've found a backscratcher also useful for pulling things out of the dryer (that last lonely sock for instance) that insists on lying all the way back at the back wall of the drum...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

fourSAK likes this.
  8. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

I'll have to get one and see how it works for retrieving dog toys from under heavy furniture.

fourSAK likes this.
  9. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I would expand the category to include those three-prong dalek grabber thangs, and also telescopic magnetic devices. All ideal for elusive object retrieval...

tbzbbt

10. Jabez Branderham

Jabez Branderham Loaded Pockets

Ya know, for a minute there, I thought you had a truly - um - interesting EDC item.

Not as weird as carrying around a spork, but still...

MCPOWoller and Gym55Rat like this.
  11. Jabez Branderham

Jabez Branderham Loaded Pockets

When I used to do maintenance, I'd find myself in situations where I had a bag full of tools, but really needed a paperclip to push something in or pull something out. Sometimes, it's just the best tool for the job. I got into the habit of always keeping one in my wallet. I hardly ever notice it, but I always have it.

[​IMG]

fourSAK and Fusilier like this.
  12. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

+1 on the paperclip. I keep two or three in there. Ironically, I keep using them when I run to the printer at work, and then need to run the paperwork to the back of the building (shipping & receiving), and don't want to run back to my desk because I've forgotten a paperclip. Also used for random pokey bits.

I don't really carry too much that's obscure. I've used my SAK Classic as a staples remover and a Phillips screwdriver for years. I've used the safety pin in my wallet several times when a button has fallen off my shirt, and for one of my co-worker's shirts twice. Nail clippers have been used to snip small zip ties, although I don't have those in my pocket very often. My kids know I have a bandanna in my back pocket most days, and they usually use it as a towel, or just toy around with it.

13. Guido Nova

Guido Nova Loaded Pockets

Me too. I carry it in the back of my home made pocket organizer. I have recently used it for the first time (pot pie) for lunch. I hate plastic spoons/forks. It worked just fine, but for some reason I kept hitting my teeth on it.
    I have been eyeballing one of these, as it seems just a tad more elegant...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLUMBIA-RIVER-CRKT-Stainless-IOTA-Spoon-Fork-Opener-Keychain-Multi-Tool-9085-/371669020804?hash=item5689333084:g:zwgAAOSwuzRXc0f4

Brian Gilbert likes this.
  14. The Slap

The Slap Loaded Pockets

Rolls of plastic bags - they're biodegradable, 10 odd per roll, come in a plastic dispenser and cost pennies. Car EDC really, but use them all the time, pocket carry on the job for paint filled brushes and rollers, passenger foot well rubbish bag, picking up nasty things, backside protection when all you got to sit on is wet mossy logs.... so many uses.

15. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I always have some in my car bag as well as in my personal EDC bag. In my case usually these are the plastic shopping bags from the market.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

MCPOWoller likes this.
  16. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

17. fourSAK

fourSAK Loaded Pockets

I have a CRKT Iota. It works good for eating. I like that it will fit inside a Altoids Tin.