1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Unusual Items Have Become Surprisingly Handy To EDC?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by toasterburn, Aug 5, 2015.

1. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

This homemade tape spool has come in handy more times than I can count. It holds 6ft of both duct tape and electrical tape. (there is also a powerful magnet stuck to the bottom that claims to be able to hold 45lbs). While i have not really used the magnet that much, I can't believe how many times I've used the electrical tape and duct tape. It was well worth the few dollars it cost to make. I use it often enough that I keep it clipped to a carabiner on my belt.

[​IMG]

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

If I was going to remove the carabiner that came with the magnet to stream line things as you did, I would problem have stuck it on the split ring after removing it from the magnet, so it was still available when needed. .

I have two of those magnets, and just find that carabiners useful on the magnet.

ATB,
    Sam

3. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

i do have the small carabiner that came with the magnet on me in case I need it. it is used to attach paracord bracelet that hangs down the inside of my pant leg, to my belt loop.

The magnet was added long after i started carrying the tape spool. It just seemed like a logical place to keep the magnet since i was already carrying it. You never know when a powerful magnet will come in handy, especially one with a loop for attaching some paracord.

4. Bander124

Bander124 Loaded Pockets

Those flushable wipes for my kids potty training. They are a life saver for self as well. Work construction and the who left cardboard binos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

5. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

190 grain alcohol (95% pure ethyl alcohol, 5% water) is one of my favorite and most often use EDC items.

Dehydrated vodka (5oz flask = "pint" vodka bottle); fuel for my 1oz EDC stove; fire starter; solvent/cleaner/sterilizer for EDC cup/pot, spoon, and knife; hand sanitizer/wet wipe; pine sap/glue/stain remover; eye/screen glass cleaner; medicinal antiseptic/disinfectant; travel mouthwash/deodorant; etc..

Water-Rat, 16VGTIDave and WillAdams like this.
  6. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

social lubricant, makes meetings fun, you can blow fireballs with it, not terrible mixed with Kool-aid...

7. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

HAHA... I gotta try the fireball thing (think I better shave first) :D

8. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

No need, the fireball should take care of it.

9. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Well then maybe just do a few shots of it first to numb the area out.

add to list: anesthesia, shaver :D

10. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

the trick to the fireball is to spit it out like a spit take, not a steady stream. Get that stuff to go aerosol by blowing as hard as you can. It will also ignite quickly and the force keeps it away from your face. I've done probably 50 fireballs too many (so 49) and haven't had an issue, even with a beard and 'stache.

also it burns so clean you can put some on your hand and light it temporarily and you have a few seconds before your hand gets warm. it's how we usually light our fireballs. Or we use long stem lighters.

Good times.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually an idiot. Learned to do this from some performers in Germany. It's a good party trick but it tastes terrible! Oh another use... your an gargle with grain when you have a sore throat and it will usually clear it right up. it's an anti-viral and bacterial so it works well.

Water-Rat and reppans like this.
  11. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I have one of those too. I threw it in my globe box and forgot about it. It pack up about the size of a baseball, but it opens up pretty big. It is comfortable to carry and works great for groceries. I keep it is my EDC bag to use if I'm out shopping.

12. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

It's not "handy", but it's probably the most unusual item I carry these days...hand-forged by a friend...[​IMG]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Macbrun, Tony Sal and Water-Rat like this.
  13. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

A small "C" clamp. Great for applying extra leverage to something. I have used one many times to help unjam lockers at the school I work at. It also works well attached to various things as a handle.

Tony Sal and dmattaponi like this.
  14. Justinp

Justinp Loaded Pockets

Corn starch. Every. Single. Day. It works wonders if you run hot and sweat a lot like I do. Scentless, cheap, and works just as good, if not better, than baby powder. I much prefer it to gold bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. purplelady

purplelady Loaded Pockets

Where does one find this moonglow stuff to purchase?

Batsy likes this.
  16. outbackwack

outbackwack Loaded Pockets

Wet wipes. I always have a half dozen in a snack size Ziploc in a cargo pocket. I use several a day for a variety of tasks. And my FitBit-One.

17. purplelady

purplelady Loaded Pockets

How do you get the water in these? Like say from a lake or a river? Or does it only work like from a faucet?

18. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I got it quite a while back from Masecraft Supply I believe it was.

19. Macbrun

Macbrun Loaded Pockets

That's gorgeous.

20. outbackwack

outbackwack Loaded Pockets

Watch the You Tube vids on it... to get max fill volume the water has to be flowing at a decent rate. Also have to use non-scented/non-lubed. Same principle as carrying/using a balloon.