1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Under Armour do I need?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Torpedo Vegas, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Torpedo Vegas

Torpedo Vegas Loaded Pockets

So I need to get leggings and a long sleeve top for my son for soccer. I plan on getting the cold weather for sure but was wondering if I should get the warm weather also? My question is will the cold weather be to hot to wear at a certain temperature point? Would the warm weather even provide any additional warmth if it is still to cold for shorts and tshirt?

Edit: My son is 5 so my only performance concerns are keeping him warm :)
    Any other brand suggestions?

2. Jack_Wood

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

They're not under armor, but I do own some light-weight wicking base-layer leggings, I got them at CostCo, and they say they're Paradox brand. I like them a lot. I found them relatively comfortable, temperature wise, in the hottest part of summer, and they're perceptively warmer in winter. Over the last year I've seen a lot of men wearing leggings under shorts when it's warming up but not that warm yet (or still windy).

3. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

It has been my experience....under armor cold gear works very well, so well in fact that I never kit up in it if the temperature is projected to be over 45 or 50 F. And that is basically minimal exertion. Anything over that temp. Or with moderate to active exertion, it's to hot to wear.

Cprrckwlf likes this.
  4. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

Cold gear is designed for temps 55 and below, heat gear is for anything above 75. All season gear is for the mid range of 55-75. The heat gear would work basically act like a cotton shirt at lower temps as far as providing some warmth and still wick heat. It just works most efficiently as the temp range specified.

5. Torpedo Vegas

Torpedo Vegas Loaded Pockets

Thanks a lot that is a huge help. Looks like we will be picking up some All Season Gear for now and possibly some Cold Gear down the line

6. Elduka

Elduka Loaded Pockets

yes definitely stear away from heat gear based on what you said, especially since he is so young. Its rather expensive for the 6 months it will take him to grow out of them. Cold gear is pretty darn warm, probably too warm for soccer weather; I use it as a base layer when working outside in the winter.