1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What type of Flashlight do you use at home

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by lotsofstufftogo, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Crux

Crux Loaded Pockets

I have a Fenix E01 primarily for use in the house. If I need something brighter, I'll use my EDC light, a Quark 123^2 Tactical R5.

2. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

my nightstand light is a military angle light with an LED bulb in it. Not super bright, not the best looking. But it works well for what it is used for. A nightstand light.

3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I have a Fenix E20 that I often use. In addition, I have four Freeplay Indigos scattered around. If you want a great disaster or power outage light (hand crank chargeable as well as with a provided AC charger) my opinion is that this is it. This light can serve as a lantern, a night light, or a point source light (I'd rate it as excellent for the first two functions and average for the last one). The company is at: www.freeplayenergy.com

I also have ten or twelve of the SO-LEDs from County Comm. For a couple of bucks these are great little lights to place where you think you may need them. There's one hooked on my Maxpedition Fatboy, too.

4. Gazoo

Gazoo Loaded Pockets

I really like the Hardcase lights from Energizer for daily use -- they're made to take a 15 foot drop --- and they're pretty cheap.

5. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

I have two crappy LED lights from Target and Home Depot. The Surefire G3L also stays on the nightstand when it's not in the holster.

6. coop1957

coop1957 Empty Pockets

I have quite a few "powerful" led flashlights. But I often find them to be overkill. I use a ARC AAA Premium that is always in my front pocket attached to my Vic Farmer. It provides an adequate amount of light for nearly all situations.

7. brickfist

brickfist Empty Pockets

Peak Led Solution Shasta in brass...

8. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

Usually one of the surefire

9. Rah14

Rah14 Empty Pockets

I'm usually wandering around in the dark or checking on some things in the middle of the night. I use my Photon II or fauxtons with low battery. If my eyes aren't yet adjusted I'll sometimes use my Nitecore Defender Infinity on low, or my Kai Domain buckle light (first gen, long moon mode). To be honest I like having the strike bezel of the NDI ready in my pocket.

10. robsolo

robsolo Loaded Pockets

My home defender is my Jetbeam M1X. That is if I'm not reaching for my AR-15 or Remington 870 which each have an Olight M20 attached to it. My duty light is a Fenix TK11. My bag EDC is a Solarforce L2 with the Solarforce XPG drop-in. My pocket EDC is a Nitecore EX10.

11. Kilovolt

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

I keep my Titan's by the bed:

[​IMG]

They are very good for cruising the home in the dead of the night because you start with a very low beam and increase it only if needed, otherwise you keep it as low as you like.

12. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I use a Koehler Brightstar Razor at home that sits on the nightstand.

13. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

As of today, the Tri-V is what I'll be using around the house....and anywhere else I can!

[​IMG]

14. brickfist

brickfist Empty Pockets

Goes well with you´r signature Dafab..

15. reeso

reeso Loaded Pockets

McGizmo Sundrop XR-U or Liteflux LF2XT with green trit in the button.

Dafabricata, I am extremely jealous. One day the Tri-V will be mine.

16. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

itp c8t (2AA and tight beam) set to lowest.. and just twist the head to start increasing the output. most commonly its the one i take with me when just going out to garage or trashcan..
    zebralight h501w past midnite trips to shower bathroom or fridge.. often just clipped to collar of my tshirt.
    nitecore ex10 i havent found any use for it so its now the smaller handheld option after the c8.

of course i may use any of my flashlights.. as there are 30+ of them.

17. MedXLT

MedXLT Empty Pockets

JETBeam M1X with 18650 rechargeables and EagleTac P20C2 with 17670 rechargeables.

18. robbobus

robbobus Loaded Pockets

Any of my seven good lights, esp. the ones I wouldn't want to damage carrying. I have my edc Novatac 120p with me to navigate back up the steps later:)

19. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

I use the 2xAAA Preons at home. The brightness is very appreciated because I just point it up and the room is illuminated. Although theoretically I very much appreciate "hands free" operation, I just don't get much opportunity (life can be so unfair) to use my headlamps that often. But I always choose to have a headlamp in my BOB. Don't leave home without it.

20. kanis mesomelas

kanis mesomelas Loaded Pockets

@Dafabricata

Nice light.

can you tell us more about it?