1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What to keep in a back pocket?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by dimeotane, May 4, 2011.

1. dimeotane

dimeotane Loaded Pockets

What things do you recommend to keep in your back pants pocket?
    What's small, comfortable to sit on, worth carrying, but inexpensive and easy to replace in case it falls out when you sit down?

I've often read in this thread that other people, like me are reluctant to keep anything valuable in their back pocket in case of loss or pickpocketing.

For decades mine have remained empty. Then I got into EDC and I'm thinking more about using more pockets to carry useful stuff. So now I'm thinking about whats cheap and replaceable, but is useful to have on me.

What I'm carrying now:

- fresh Kleenex tissues in my back pocket. I can sit down, I don't care if it's stolen, and it's really useful.

- a printed page of info on standard letter paper folded down pocket size into 1/8 size.
    This week the paper has my latest list of backpacking essentials I'm reviewing for my summer trip. This gives me a useful personal activity if ever I have a few minutes to kill -- while waiting for someone, for appointments etc. Again, I can sit down, is replaceable, and useful. I wouldn't keep printed confidential material, but something fun to read later. Maybe some sudokus? http://www.pocketmod.com/ is another good idea, as long as it's not irreplaceable / confidential.

Any other ideas? Thanks guys!

2. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

the less you keep in your back pockets the healthier it is for sitting and your back will thank you, and of course you have less chance of being pick pocketed.. i keep my back pockets empty and use them only to store something temporarily..

for example if im using my multi-tool...i will put it they for quick access..

3. MrCobaltBlue

MrCobaltBlue Empty Pockets

I usually keep my wallet and a handkerchief in my back pocket. I tried keeping my wallet in my Sitka but I just need it with me at all times and sometimes I can't take my Sitka with me everywhere.

4. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

I keep my wallet in my back right pocket and my Moleskine in my back left.

5. colubrid

colubrid Loaded Pockets

Stainless steel Spyderco Police. So thin and tough. I have kept one there for years. It seems like it was made for the back pocket.

6. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying a wallet in my right rear pocket since I started carrying wallets. My left is empty 90% of the time. Since I started carrying my P3AT in pocket carry, I will occasionally forget my phone holster for work and carry it in my rear left pocket.

7. zuggzugg

zuggzugg Loaded Pockets

I carry my wallet in back right, and iPhone 4 in back left. I have been warned about sitting on cellphones in the back pocket before, but have been doing it since I first got a cellphone and haven't had any problems...

I have 2 Maxped Phone holsters, one on the left strap of my EDC backpack that I use occasionally when camping/hiking (low phone use activities), and another I have used off and on for Belt-Carry of the iPhone, but it was just not as convenient as the ol' back pocket.

8. burnd4life

burnd4life Loaded Pockets

I usually carry my wallet and a bandana in my back pockets

9. signal

signal Loaded Pockets

I keep nothing in my back pocket, maybe the occasional receipt. Seriously, a wallet in a back pocket or anything like that can cause health issues over time. Front pocket carry of my wallet is much more safe for security and health. I use the Tumi Alpha Card Clip, small profile, I carry in it just my bank card, CCL, Drivers License.

[​IMG]

10. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wallet/ handkerchief - Don't have the luxury of sitting enough to worry about health issues. I might add a Woodswalker.

11. Syncubus

Syncubus Empty Pockets

Fairly thin wallet on the right. Business card wallet and handkerchief on the left. I've also found carrying a few blank business cards useful for notes, etc.

12. Andylaser

Andylaser Loaded Pockets

Hothing in rear pockets except possibly some loose change.

Too easily stolen or sat upon causing discomfort.

13. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I keep my wallet in my left back pocket and comb in the right rear pocket, nothing else. As for the wallet I keep it as thin as possible so it doesn't become an issue.

14. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Haven't carried a wallet in my back pocket in many years. About the only thing I carry in my back pocket is a folded handkerchief or bandanna on one side. and a couple folded Dog Poo bags in the other. (I usually have at least one of my dogs with me wherever I go....so poo happens.)

15. larry302

larry302 Empty Pockets

Wallet right bandana left. But I don't carry the wallet at home or work so the right side is mostly empty .

16. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I keep a wallet and comb in the same pockets as you, but carry a bandanna and a spare AA battery, too. They don't take up much space.

17. hafpit

hafpit Loaded Pockets

While working I always carry a margin trowel in my back right pocket, and sometimes I'll carry one in my left as well.
    Off work, the back pockets are usually empty.

18. easy76

easy76 Loaded Pockets

I carry an aburdly over stuffed wallet in my right pocket. I just recently started to carry a small moleskin in my left, I use it for work, and jotting down ideas. The wallet is on a lanyard that I braided out of Para cord. I like carring the mole skin it is really handy.

19. lchurch

lchurch Loaded Pockets

I, also, carry aburdly over stuffed wallet in my left pocket and sometimes a 1911 magazine. In my right pocket I carry a handkerchief, a leather bound notebook, a comb, a leather business card wallet, and an ASP Key Defender.

larry

20. TooMuchStuff

TooMuchStuff Loaded Pockets

When walking have my moleskin in the back left pocket and my iphone and handkerchief in the back right pocket. Take everything but the handkerchief out when sitting.