1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Spyderco Models do people EDC on here?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by nw1911guy, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Rugerspyderon

Rugerspyderon Loaded Pockets

I have gone heavy into the Spyderco world over last few months upon discovery. I believe for now the Manix 2 is my big knife favorite. I have three, two paras, salt 1 se, delica 4, native se, dragonfly 2 and ladybug.

Which Manix 2 would you EDC to use (not beat up)?
    Moonglow s30v-EDC forum-ffg
    Lightweight translucent blue BD1-ffg
    G10 BD30P ffg Sprint run

2. MDCCLXXVI

MDCCLXXVI Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Delica 4, ffg brown

Spyderco Paramilitary 2, Black G10 satin blade

Might pick up a Pacific Salt ... Thinkin' about it ...

3. Ktowngunner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Ktowngunner Loaded Pockets

I have a police 3 g10 that's with me daily as a defensive blade, a delica 4ffg that sometimes serves as my utility blade, and a tenacious combo blade that stays in my waistpack. I love spyderco, planning on getting several more this year (hopefully)!!! I want another delica and an endura, military, paramilitary, maybe something in H1, and a Manix 2... and probably several others...

4. ANJARI

ANJARI Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Endura 4 Pink (for my wife)
    Endura 3
    Delica 4
    Ladybug
    Bug and Tenacious

5. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I own one Spyderco and it is the Spyderco Lava. It is an excellent "big-little" knife.

6. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Delica 4 or one of my Sages (1 or 2). Occasionally a Dragonfly2 as well.

7. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I wanted to provide a little update, comparison, and gripe.

First off, I've EDCed a Persistence for a few months. I purchased it after EDCing a Leatherman e33bx and just after purchasing and hating the Kershaw Skyline. The Persistence had the look, size, and cost that seemed, at the time, perfect. I still very highly recommend the knife and it has been the standard of comparison for recent purchases.

After some time I decided I wanted a finger choil so I could choke up on the knife. The Persistence didn't have the choil. My top pick was the Dragonfly 2 G10. It was ultimately too small for me, but more importantly I couldn't get past the very tough/stiff/tight/horrible lockback.

I decided to try the Sage 1, but being unsure went ahead a got a Cat too. The Sage 1 arrived today and initial impressions are positive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A hair bigger than the Persistence, but otherwise very similar to the Persistence.

Here are a couple personal opinions.
    1. Carbon Fiber scales are overrated. They are cool, but not worth the coin.
    2. S30V came sharp, but nowhere near the hair popping sharp of the V10 Dragonfly 2.
    3. The finger choil is SO nice!

Overall Sage 1 - 4/5, cost being the single reason no 5. It is simple overpriced, again compared to the Persistence. I fault the Sage, maybe I should credit the Persistence.

Now to my gripe. Not having a Spyderco retailer local I am reliant on the Youtube videos of the knives. These videos are quickly losing their appeal. No offense to the people providing the video, but there seems to be a sense of overstatements. I understand they are stating their opinions, but just a reminder to others, take it with a grain of salt. Perhaps they built it up so I'm continuously disappointed.

In this case I reference the repeated "well worth the money", "great fit and finish". IMO it is not worth the money for the fit and finish considering how nice the Persistence is at a fraction of the cost. I also reserve judgement on the knife steel. I personally prefer a soft (easy to sharpen) steel over a tougher steel. I can't speak to S30V, but in my experience 154cm is overrated and the 8cr13mov of the Persistence is good enough.

I am really looking forward to the Cat. It has a choil, soft(er) steel 440C, and has the liner with G10. Also it is a whopping $35.

8. ky70

ky70 Loaded Pockets

The Delica 4 has been dominating my pocket for many months now

[​IMG]

9. Engineer

Engineer Loaded Pockets

I wasn't familiar with that model, so I looked it up. Google images yields this:

Viewer Discretion is Advised

10. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

^ dam, dude thanks for the warning..

11. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I am going to keep this Remote Release 1 FS in my Bag [​IMG]

12. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Nice Lava maybe the nicest one I've ever seen

My wife's are nicer :agree:

13. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I don't always carry a Spyderco, but I carry one MOST of the time. Only knives I carry 100% are SAKs. But I'll usually EDC a Paramilitary 2 or a Delica FFG depending on how large a blade I want on me.

14. gilliu

gilliu Loaded Pockets

spyderco stretch is my more often carried. Wish I had pocket space to always carry a spyderhawk

15. zuggzugg

zuggzugg Loaded Pockets

My Paramilitary 2 / black coated blade hasn't left my pocket since I got it about 6 months ago. What a blade! Maybe a little scary looking for places like the sushi restaurant (my friends gave me some flack for whipping it out to split a roll there)... But all in all I love it!

16. FOOTBALLBOY3

FOOTBALLBOY3 Loaded Pockets

Blue Delica 4 is what I carry most often. Only spyderco I have.....for now....

17. bullets

bullets Loaded Pockets

Delica 4, rotated between four different colors.

18. Opticon

Opticon Loaded Pockets

The EDCF GITD manix 2 was my first Spyderco, an I am seriously impressed. It has been my edc since I've got it

19. ChrisBrown

ChrisBrown Empty Pockets

Tenacious. Low price for the quality. Perfect for the trials of every day carry.

20. frogger

frogger Loaded Pockets

Right now... Delica 4 and a Manix 2 Lightweight. However, I have a Paramilitary 2 on the way and if they haven't sold out by next pay day I'm going to add one of the EDCF Glow Manix 2's as well.