1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What should I do?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by MOD-u-LAR, Mar 6, 2019.

1. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I have been trading/buying and selling here on the forums for seven or eight years now. I love that everyone has been so good about honesty and prompt payment or shipping. That said I recently sold a pen and the person to whom I sold it to will not pay me. I am going to call him out so others do not interact with him. I just want to know what others would do. Ireally want to give him the benifit of the doubt and not call him out yet just in case the second check he says he sent shows up.
    That said all of my friends are lawers so the next letter he recieves will be from one of them. Which I REALLY don't want to do but it makes me mad that he has ruined the sense of community I felt here. This site was a refuge from the normally greedy, corrupt world. Why would he want to mar a place of fun and community? Its sad.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Is he holding up payment because of some sort of dispute?

Moshe ben David

3. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

Has he said why he won't pay? Was the pen lost in the post or something?

If there's a reason why he won't pay, that's going to change your response. If he's just being an :censored: about paying after he has received the pen, you could try taking him to small claims court or the equivalent if you both live in the same area. If you don't live in the same area or country, you might struggle from a legal standpoint. Getting a lawyer to send a letter threatening to sue is a good start, as is calling them out publicly so no one else will make the same mistake of dealing with them.

I think to give better advice we'd need to know why they won't pay and where you both live

4. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hold on,
    the most of people here on EDCF are honest and friendly.
    Go ahead as you feel right to do, but don't make this thing ruin your days.
    My opinion.
    Cheers.

aicolainen likes this.
  5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

So did you ship before getting paid I assume?
    Did you already know this buyer?
    The Seller really holds all the cards usually so I hear you saying that you let your guard down a little,though you didn't say so.
    And as they say no good dead goes unpunished.

I don't like to sound Cynical here and I am not trying to pour salt in the wound either but there should never be an opportunity for this to happen really to a seller.

JHGM likes this.