1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What pens do you use at work?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by iacchus, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

Telescopic spacepen is perfect as my working day pocket carry

Moshe ben David likes this.
  2. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Zebra F-301. Stole it from my wife

Actually she didn't like it, it as too thin.

3. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

I don't take my fancy pens to work. At the office I use a Uni Power Tank and a Uni Jetstream, both in black 0.7mm, a red Pilot RSVP, and a 0.9mm Pentel Twist Erase. I always have a Fisher Bullet in my watch pocket as a backup.

Moshe ben David and TV09 like this.
  4. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Parker Jotter

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sachsen, Moshe ben David and TV09 like this.
  5. Joelski

Joelski Loaded Pockets

TiBolt TAD Edition with space pen refill goes everywhere I do.

[​IMG]

6. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use whatever fountain pen I'm in the mood for that day, right now a Gama Raja with Liberty's Elysium and a Safari with Lamy Turquoise, if I'm controlling the paper quality. If I'm not, usually a G2, Parker Jotter, Retro '51 Tornado, or a simple Bic Cristal (I must admit that I'm fond of the 1.6mm variety). Failing that, usually a Pentel or Autosharp pencil of some variety for mechanical, or one of my plethora of wooden pencils. Sometimes I'll break out my late '20s Eversharp propelling pencil, but the clip on mine is rather fragile (lots of years of hard use have taken their toll on this one) so it generally stays home.

Flashman likes this.
  7. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

I would love to see a photo of your Eversharp propelling pencil if you happen to have one you would be willing to share.

thatotherguy likes this.
  8. thatotherguy

Flashman
    Unfortunately, I'm unable to post pictures at the moment, but mine is really nothing special. Mine is one of the later triple-silver-plated plain octagonal pencils, from just before they switched over to celluloid pencils in 1929. The only decoration on mine is the standard floral crown on the end, just the same as all of the others from the early Eversharp era.

If I had the ability to post pictures, I'd certainly show off the pencil I got for SWMBO... she tried mine out and tried to appropriate it for her own use, so I got her one of her own. Hers is gorgeous. It's one of the fancy ones from the earlier years, probably 1925 or so if I were to guess. It's a triple-plated silver pencil as well, chased with what I gather to be the "Check" or "Unique" pattern (same pattern, different names; it's like a repeating chevron pattern where the chevrons are made of fine parallel lines. Hard to describe), and hers is tarnished more than mine but is in much better overall condition. If I were a betting man I'd say that it was used carefully for a while by its original owner and stashed away in a drawer, forgotten until the person I bought it from found it in the drawer or in an estate sale or something.

They're very nice pencils for writing, and you can find some great deals on working examples if you look around a bit (if you fall in love with them like I have).

9. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the rely. They both sound great.

thatotherguy likes this.
  10. Bubba stump

Bubba stump Loaded Pockets

Hinderer Investigator[​IMG]

11. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Sounds like an argument can be made that Caran d'Arche was 'inspired' by your wife's Eversharp for their Ecridor series... just sayin'! :rolleyes:

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

thatotherguy likes this.
  12. thatotherguy

I can see the resemblance *rolleyes*
    That's a pretty series of pens though... the details really arent very much like an Eversharp but nice nonetheless. Too rich for my blood for a pencil though, and the FP doesn't really whirl my crank for some reason.

13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

LOL

14. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Loaded Pockets

Today i am using :

Kaweco Sport Fountain Pen
    Caran d'Ache 849 Popline
    Sherpa Sharpie
    ...and my new Midori Brass Pencil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Halliday

Halliday Loaded Pockets

I don't write much for work, most of my notes go straight into a iPhone. When I do need to write I use my Pilot G2 in .05.

16. zestyalpaca

zestyalpaca Loaded Pockets

I use a brass Tactile Turn Mover at work because it's durable and makes mundane tasks like jotting down a quick note a little more enjoyable. The silent clicky mechanism also makes it great for stealthy fidgeting during meetings ;)

oedipus1978 and iacchus like this.
  17. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I tried bringing a nice pen I enjoyed using to work, but every time I did someone came along just as I was using my special pen and asked to use it while I was in a position that I could not grab a different, cheap pen for them to use instead. One time when I was able to take a different pen out of my pocket for the borrower to use, they were insulted that I didn't let them use the pen I was using. I gave up and resorted to using the cheap office pens.

Sigh. It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad world.

bryan123 and iacchus like this.
  18. MTCole

MTCole Loaded Pockets

I've been using these two this week. Pilot Precise V5 RT and Karas Render K [​IMG]

I usually have an ultra fine .38 g2 refill in the render k but was playing with these two and decided to try the v5 RT cartridge in the render k and it fits beautifully. So then I tried the g2 in the v5 RT and fits perfectly also. And it totally transformed the way the pens feel and don't plan on changing the back any time soon!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Albino Yeti and iacchus like this.
  19. thatotherguy

NorthernHarrier
    Maybe I'm just a mean, heartless person, but if you spend your money on something you care about I think you get to choose who uses it or not, and if the other party chooses to be insulted, that's their issue. It's like asking someone with a brand new (manual transmission to better prove my point) car they love if you can take it out for a joyride because you've never driven a stick shift. They paid for it, it's their choice whether you get to use it or not. JMHO

20. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I don't lend out my pens at work anymore, ever since I handed a VP to somebody so they could initial a review sheet and they immediately sprung the nib.

I do keep a few bic crystals in my desk drawer for folks if they need one, though. Far cheaper than a new nib unit.