1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What objects make you happy?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Chester, Jan 3, 2015.

1. rm11xx

rm11xx Loaded Pockets

My 1925 Iver Johnson sxs my grandfather gave me. There's nothing like being out in the bush shooting a few rounds of clays with the guys. I can feel the history of the gun every time I line up the sight and pull the trigger.
    [​IMG]

2. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

As much I love me some good tobacco, and minerals to keep me interested, there really isn't anything I like more than a good walk with my dog.

It's a time to work the legs, let my stresses go, think about the future, and enjoy my jumpy Shi-Tzu poodle mix.

Upon losing all my animals last year within a six month period, it gave me a whole new meaning on life that I never realized. It's amazingly fragile and if you're not happy and content, then there's something wrong.

Also, no objects make me happy.
    I live for when someone says thank you and I'm so glad to see you. Those phrases make me the most happiest.
    And that's why I go out of my way to make people happy.
    -
    Logan

Archive, Puinsai, Shike and 3 others like this.
  3. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

Smoke from gun/flash powder (from guns or fireworks), knives, flashlights, multitools, other EDC stuff and my girlfriend :).

4. CausticCrow

CausticCrow Loaded Pockets

My girlfriend, especially with a couple drinks in her...

On a serious note, anything with lots of organization or compartments. By far my favorite thing.

I really enjoy any new thing I buy though, knives are probably my favorite.

Rich73 and theirishboxer like this.
  5. Rich73

Rich73 Loaded Pockets

This:

[​IMG]

My 1989 Yamaha XT600 2KF. Best looking of all the XTs (IMHO), starts on the second or third kick even after a couple of months away. Love the torque and the character of the blat-blat-blat single. The brakes are crap and the knobbly tyres need attention on the road, but she's a wonderful bike and I go into the garage just to look at her. I also have a '96 TDM which is far more practical for 99% of my rides, but isn't an object of desire like the XT. This photo was taken on a track 5 minutes from my house. I'll never sell her. :inlove:

Doraemon and T.H.Cone like this.
  6. AV8R

AV8R Loaded Pockets

"It has dings, scratches, marks, and scars that bring back vivid memories every time I run my hands over them. It also has nice, smooth spots that remind me there are more stories to be written."

Excellent quote!

Water-Rat and Rich73 like this.
  7. CausticCrow

CausticCrow Loaded Pockets

And if we're being honest here, this forum makes me happy. Particularly when I'VE had (more than) a couple drinks in me. Its so nice to bounce ideas and info off other like-minded people.

Even when I don't agree with things, I enjoy hearing about peoples personal decisions and philosophy to 'EDC'. Because in reality its all subjective, yet informative if you can think about where everyone is coming from.

My forum drinkng light is on (I think that came from a jeep forum) (RIP YJ) so I'm just thabkful to communicate with everyone here

8. Nenavist

Nenavist Loaded Pockets

The papers with my DD 214 printed on them and my Victorinox pocket knives.

Sent from killer klowns in outer space!

vinniec5 likes this.
  9. beast

beast EDC Junkie

Knives, guns, ammo, and more ammo. :)

vinniec5 likes this.
  10. TheViking

TheViking Loaded Pockets

I'm a huge gearhead so anything new automotive wise be it a new performance part, tires, or new car or truck.

vinniec5 likes this.
  11. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I get bored of objects, the fact that I can support the need for objects makes me happy.

12. poe47

poe47 Loaded Pockets

Pens, paper, my smartphone (mainly for photography).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

13. jabe1

jabe1 Loaded Pockets

Any finely engineered machine, kept as simple as possible.

A home cooked cheeseburger.

My Peak Eiger SS with nichia led.
    Becker bk14 sharpened to a scary, hair splitting edge.
    Alvin brass pencil sharpener.

surefire7 likes this.
  14. Miklos86

Miklos86 Empty Pockets

I have a SAK that I bought for myself 9 years ago with one of my first paychecks. I didn't know they regularly made left-handed one hand foldable knives, so I was exceptionally pleased to find one as a leftie.

Fast forward the years I got a Leatherman, other tools, I didn't really use that piece of kit. It just sat on my nightstand barely cutting anything beyond envelopes.

Yesterday I installed a new Kriega tailbag to my bike and though about migrating some tool or knife in it just in case. Nothing expensive or redundant (every bike has an OEM tool kit but no blade). After some research it dawned on me that my first knife is perfect for the job. It finally has a purpose. That made me happy.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

15. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

I use the Pocketweez quite a bit working with wood daily They are the best pair of tweezers I have came across. I regret not buying a few of them when they were still made. [​IMG] Very well made and easy to carry on a carabiner.

The Quantum D2 is the very best micro light out there IMO. Variable brightness w a great runtime for its size.
    [​IMG]

The third was a gift from a fellow EDCF member years ago, them Atwoods are functional works of art/tools. [​IMG]

All three are no longer in production sadly.

“The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people.”

Fisher Ames

Nick4305 and keycutter like this.
  16. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Ah yes, motorcycles in general make me happy, been addicted to them since I got on a moped at the age of 16,.....either you get them or you don't I guess, they are certainly in my blood though.

I've never gone down the 'off road' route, I can appreciate that angle of motorcycling but have only owned road/sports/touring bikes, those are more my kind of thing.

17. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

So many things... I gotta stop acquiring both more things and getting interested in 'new' categories...

Although.... as I look back nothing has made me as happy as my first car. Yeah, I know -- hardly unique. This was a Fiat 128 sedan 4 door, in Italian 'racing red'. Transverse mounted 4 cylinder, front wheel drive, stick shift. Michelin radials. It is said in Italy that Enzo Ferrari had one as his daily driver around town. I think the mechanics at the dealership where I bought it believed that -- they were from Italy and took me out on the Detroit streets with them behind the wheel after they serviced it! LOL

Got it when I started college in 1971 (yeah, I'm an old fart! :) ). This car was unique amongst my crowd: front wheel drive; Italian. NEVER got stuck in the snow -- and this was in Detroit ;) . Most fun was using the hand brake to 'lock up' the back wheels and cranking the steering wheel to execute a perfect 90 degree turn/drift in the snow whilst scaring the crap out of my passengers! This was obviously LONG before Tokyo drifting became a thing! :)

[​IMG]

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

ran23, Nick4305, HarryD and 1 other person like this.
  18. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Guitars, amps, firearms, road bicycles, tennis, home theater, good beer, good wine, New Mexican or Italian food, good pens, knives, flashlights, and good cigars. At an earlier time, muscle cars.

Moshe ben David likes this.