1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What multitool are you carrying right now?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Random Dan, Feb 6, 2014.

1. volvoboy

volvoboy Loaded Pockets

I carry the Leatherman Style PS everyday.

2. ackeith4570
    • +1 Supporter

ackeith4570 Loaded Pockets

Leatherman squirt is my most carried multi tool.

Moshe ben David and znapschatz like this.
  3. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

My Victorinox Swisstool everyday, and that won’t change unless I get a Victorinox Spirit.

ramjet likes this.
  4. jdcovington1122

jdcovington1122 Loaded Pockets

Never really liked carrying a multitool, until i got a skeletool cx. I love this thing! I carry it daily in the leather sheath i made behind it. now.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#1864 jdcovington1122, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    RoadWizard, Melders and ran23 like this.
  5. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Just the tiny Leatherman Style CS today. i used it a couple of times for cutting a ribbon for a gift, opening mail and some food packaging. All I needed today in one small package, really.

6. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Spirit on the hip. Perfect for edc in cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'm pretty sure I posted this response back much earlier in the thread.

Just to update though, I daily have a LM Squirt PS-4 on a pocket dangler and a LM Blast in a belt sheath. When I'm hanging out in sweats around the house I have a LM Rev in one of its pockets. Trunk bag in the car has a Super Tool 300. Which frankly has never been used. Just like having it there.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

znapschatz and ramjet like this.
  8. znapschatz
    • +1 Supporter

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Over the last three decades, each spaced out over years, I have needed a multi-tool four times under identical circumstances, each with different vehicles. All situations happened while traveling on a freeway when a seriously hard rain with almost zero visibility descended on me and my driver side windshield wiper stopped working. Without a wiper, I was driving blind. I was able to pull off to the shoulder, but that was no guarantee of not getting hit by another car, also blinded in the storm, so I had to fix it fast. My tool kit was in the trunk and in order to reach it, I would have had to off-load a pile of luggage, getting soaked all the while, and taking way too much time of vulnerability, but I did have a Super Tool on me three of those times and a Juice S2 at the most recent. So I was able to hop out of the car, tighten the nut on the wiper assembly, and get back on my way in less than a minute each time, and drive to safety at the nearest off ramp. Based on that, I finally got it through my thick head to keep a wrench in the passenger compartment at all times, which will probably ensure this kind of incident never happens again :rolleyes: .
    May I suggest that you keep something similar in your glove box for quick fixes? That might save you from a serious drenching or worse if you ever have a roadside emergency like mine.

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Good suggestion. Fortunately: (1) I always have a LM Squirt PS4 in my pocket; and (2) my trunk is organized such that the trunk bag is always right at the edge of the trunk -- I also learned long ago to ensure the gear would not be buried! But I may either move the ST300 to the console or place a backup (to the backup!) in the console. Could give me an excuse to get a new LM? LOL

Thanks for bringing this up.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

znapschatz likes this.
  10. znapschatz
    • +1 Supporter

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Glad to be of service, but I must point out that in most automobile emergencies, a Squirt is too small be be of much help. Also, in a situation like I described, even though your trunk is organized for easy access, it would still require you to get out of your car and go to the rear to open the trunk in a situation where seconds matter. But I am a worrier, and most of my worries never happen. Chances are, you may never have a similar experience. All you might need are replacement fuses, which everybody keeps on hand :unsure: . Enjoy your new LM :hug: .

11. shane hughes

shane hughes Loaded Pockets

Recent present from Christmas , love it.[​IMG]

12. tnxdshooter

tnxdshooter Empty Pockets

Gerber suspension in maxpedition holster[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

13. Shuutr

Shuutr Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Skeleton (cabelas coyote)

14. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Brand new purchase of a Gerber MP600 Bladeless. This is due to silly UK knife laws. I generally carry a dedicated slipjoint anyway. So far, I like the Gerber but I like my Leathrman Charge TTi better (but legally can't carry it).

15. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

The last few years I have been carrying a LM Surge with bits and saw blades on my hip in a sheath. A LM Squirt P4 in one pocket and a Gerber Dime on my keychain.
    The Surge is what I reach for first. The Dime is my go to bottle opener. The P4 for finer work.

Lateck,

WillAdams likes this.
  16. joshwhoha

joshwhoha Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Leatherman is love; Leatherman is life.
    (but I'd love to get a Swisstool :giggle:)

WillAdams and Melders like this.
  17. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I have both, I did think about changing to the Spirit just the other day funny enough, I've been carrying the original since my wife bought it for me nearly 20 years ago now, it's still in good condition and works well. Technically, I'd have to modify the locking blade on the Spirit, like I did to the original, to make it legal to carry 24/7 here in the UK. I hate to take grinding tools to brand new tools.