1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What mice do you use at home or work?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by tal-c, Jul 9, 2012.

1. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

I've always like the exterior design of the R.A.Ts, but I keep hearing dreadful things about them... the sensor is bouncing around without moving the mouse, the leftclick dying after 6 months, windows not recognizing the mouse from time to time...

I REALLY wanted to get this mouse, but all the forums around the web recommend I'd get ANYTHING else but this. :(

2. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

I stopped using mice twenty years ago when I began to get twinges of RSI in my right forearm. Since then I have used trackballs, trackpoints, and trackpads. I have been using the Logitech Trackman as my desktop pointing device for a long time. if I want something more than the trackpad on my laptops I use a Kensington Slimblade Trackball Mouse.

I am frustrated at just how few options there are for trackball users. And the majority of the options we do have aren't very good. Most trackballs have lousy ergonomics. Most of the ones that I've tried also have unreliable mechanisms. I realize that I am far in the minority here, but the number of people I know who like trackballs suggests that there is a much bigger market than the available products would indicate. Why can't we get a few more high-end ergonomic trackballs to choose from?

--Bob Q

3. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

Kensington Expert trackball

4. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

How about this one?
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/trackballs/wireless-trackball-m570

5. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

6. Soup dragon

Soup dragon Loaded Pockets

White chocolate mice are my Favourite :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. ZippoVarga

ZippoVarga Loaded Pockets

I've just recently discovered the Logitech "unifying" series of wireless accessories where you need only one receiver plugged into the computer ( I use both notebook and laptop computers.) and you can synch up to 6 compatible items, like keyboard, mouse, tracball mouse, number key pad so on and so on. Currently I am using a combination that I LOVE, which includes the M705 mouse with fully customizable functions, free spinning hyper fast scrolling wheel or indexing (click for 1, 3 or 5 lines), forward and back thumb side buttons, a lower thumb button that pulls up all of your current windows and allows you to select which you want on top. The keyboard has a touch pad like a laptop with customizable touch pad and left/right action buttons. All of the "F" keys are customizable so you can select to pull up anything you can think of, like address book, calculator, calendar, web pages etc. Keyboard is the K400 and features laptop oriented and sized keys. Battery life on most of the Logitech unifying items is an incredible 3 YEARS. I couldn't tell you if this is a gamer friendly mouse (if you're into that kind of thing), although it does have a option to customize the mouse for full on gaming. From eBay, I paid less than $50.00 total for both items to my door step.

8. SecretMember

SecretMember Loaded Pockets

Nice to know the Cyborg Rat is so popular here, but i do feel the need to upgrade.

9. NecroDemon

NecroDemon Loaded Pockets

Razer DeathAdder at home (for online PC gaming). Still works fine after 2 years plus.

10. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

11. ohGr

ohGr Loaded Pockets

Logitech G9x, love this mouse! high dps for gaming, low dps for photoshop/illustrator. I had a logitech G7 prior to this one, both are awesome.