1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What makes a tactical watch "tactical"?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Sharpone, Oct 9, 2009.

1. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

I'd agree w/ that assessment, a watch that fits, is reliable, waterproof and lightweight is "tactical" in my book- my Titan 2 w/ Maratac strap

[img width=640 height=480]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BIGSKYWRX/titan2wnatoband.jpg[/img]

2. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

mtwarden -

we need a "drool, drool, drool" smiley icon!!!! oh my! the black face, the nylon strap you have....the analog ....ah...it's a thing of beauty (to me!)

my new EDC watch is the A-2titanium on the left:

http://www.bertucciwatches.com/home.html

3. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

^ nice watch- price point is very reasonable too :)

4. assoc

assoc Loaded Pockets

Interesting question. While serving in the Marine Corps most of us (grunts) wore one of three watches. A Timex Iron man, Swiss Army Original or a Suunto Vector.

5. assoc

assoc Loaded Pockets

:censored:, forgot about the G-Shock. Knew lots of guys that wore the G-Shocks.

6. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

Marketing.

Most of the people that are in such a profession wear something cheap that can take a beating; Timex or G-Shock.

7. attorneyadrian

attorneyadrian Loaded Pockets

Just out of curiosity, do people in such professions wear the Marathon Brand watches they sell over at Countycomm?

I know they say government issue, but do soldiers actually get issued them and wear them?

Always wondered that...

8. bozatron

bozatron Loaded Pockets

I have an H3 Navigator P6500. The marketing blurb gives it all sortsof tatical bonus points -
    Reinforced carbon fiber case. Not affected by magnetic field. Explosive Ordnance Disposal. (EOD) Low output Tritium illumination. But a the end of the dayI just like it :)

9. Erzengel

Erzengel Loaded Pockets

When I joined the German Army for my active service in 1999, all our conscripts bought a special millenium watch - from Mc Donalds.
    It was the best equipment for their job: it originally displayed the countdown to new years eve 99/00, but they all manipulated the date in the way that it displayed the countdown to their last day in service.

That was a watch with real military use. ;)

10. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Empty Pockets

I wore my Suunto Vector to Iraq, left the Breitling and Rolex Submariner at home. G-Shock, Timex Iron man or Vectors were all used extensively in tactical conditions because they can get beat, dinged up, mud, cold, hot, etc and still keep good time. I like Trasers, but for tactical? No way, they can be seen too far away. If you need constant illumination, then duct tape a small chemlight to it, and hood the light so as not to show too brightly from a distance. One other good thing to have on that watch is an alarm function to wake you up in time to catch the next C-130, Blackhawk, etc.

11. DisturbedEarth™

DisturbedEarth™ Empty Pockets

My new personal fav watch that I consider tactical is the G shock GW7900B-1. Stealthy Black, reverse lcd, Solar atomic..very comfortable, very cool.