1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What made you join edcf?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Warfusion, Mar 28, 2016.

1. DuckySpud

DuckySpud Loaded Pockets

I wasn't really aware there was a community for stuff like this! I'm a member on forums for cars, computing and various other hobbies but this never entered my mind. Stumbled across all this whilst looking for a new pocket knife and have been sucked in! Had a complete overhaul of pretty much everything I carry now, all thanks to reviews and info I've read on here! Figured I might as well join up and try and give a bit back myself.

UmbertoTortallini likes this.
  2. Gary Lee Duncan

Gary Lee Duncan Loaded Pockets

Even though I've been doing the 'EDC' thing for years, I only recently noticed the acronym, 'EDC' used on another forum, and when I googled "EDC' out of curiosity, it led me to this interesting site. Of course I lurked around for a short time before deciding to become a member. ;)

3. Charge0

Charge0 Empty Pockets

I signed up for the free hugs! And to show my wife that other people own even more lights,keychain tools, and pocket knives than I do! Ok it was the pictures!

4. Kristina Cay

Kristina Cay Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying for a few years now, but I just discovered this site and the term edc a few weeks ago in a product description for a flashlight I was looking at buying. So a few Google searches later here I am.

5. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

i had been lurking since atleast 2010, but i barley had internet, it would take me 5 minutes to load 1 page of 1 thread, i really wanted to ask about peoples items or suggestions but didnt have internet until i joined in 2013 . I kind of stayed away since i could barely afford any EDC items, for a long time my EDC was just a knife.

edit: also found out about EDC when i googled pocket prybar didnt know they existed and also wanted to make a disaster kit and someone recomended a maxpedition falcon and the term "EDC" kept coming up

6. TheGremlin

TheGremlin Loaded Pockets

I stumbled upon this place while looking for boots for a new job, and liked the community so much that I felt compelled to join. I have been "carrying every day" since I was a kid, but I had no idea that edc was a thing until I found this place. Now my wallet is lighter, but my gear is much better than it was, and much more organized.

Sent from an alternate dimension using Talkatap

7. balder77

balder77 Uber Prepared

The chanceto meet some nice people, from all around the world, with similar interests.
    Always very nice pictures here...
    Kind regards,
    Chris

8. dangerman7uk

dangerman7uk Empty Pockets

Hello! I'm new. Reason I joined is because I like toys, and before purchasing toys I like to research them. I got onto the concept of a methodological 'EDC' because my father-in-law in the States is a prepper - a proper balls out prepper with room partitions made up of food storage and all that. Plus he has an arsenal of guns... And yet not one bullet proof vest for some reason. I found it interesting and then looked on youtube for prepper type stuff. EDC comes up when you do that.

Love for it went from there. I also had a go bag, as is wise to have in the UK. EDC gadgets are very useful for go bags.

9. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Cuz I can't sing

10. chrisr

chrisr Loaded Pockets

For me, it was Mary Poppins. I've always wanted a bag that had every possible thing I could need, but was still so light I could swing it around while dancing. ;) There also used to be a lot more women here, not so much anymore. Because I'm not interested in "my knife is bigger than your knife" discussions, I mostly lurk these days. I do love my gadgets, and being prepared for all situations, so keep coming back to see if there is some gadget I don't yet have.

11. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

Stumbled across the forum while looking for stuff for my addiction to buying things EDC related. A great source of info here, I always check here before buying a new item to see peoples opinions on them

12. Bander124

Bander124 Loaded Pockets

To see the Never knew how much i cant function with out that but didnt know it existed 5 min ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

13. 313

313 Uber Prepared

I like to talk about this stuff, and don't know any like-minded people in person. I also find this site inspirational and entertaining.

14. arctictwist

arctictwist Loaded Pockets

Got pretty interested in being prepared for whatever may happen, not really sure how. Starting with a GHB and have just been getting all the info I can on whats best to have.

15. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I came across edcf like so many others -- I was researching info on some knives and other 'toys'; kept being directed to edcf. Only took a short time of lurking before all you enablers managed to help me burn out what little cash savings I had...

So I figured I'd join and pay the favor forward by helping others do the same! :bundle-of-joy_throwvertical:

Somehow this crowd has also totally distracted me off more focused forums (e.g., Fountain Pen Network :eek: )

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

16. ripjack13

ripjack13 Loaded Pockets

The custom knives. and the bags.

17. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

Because no one asked the questions I wanted answered... So I had to ask them myself.

18. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

Because it's not about one topic but it's about EDC so you can ask all kinds of questions and you can answer a lot of questions people ask.
    and i like reading what other people's thoughts are on different topics

19. UmbertoTortallini

#1 'Cuz I like cool everyday stuff and the stories everyday people tell.
    #2 Most, if not all of you are employed and not freeloading off the system like the entitled 51% today.
    #3 See #2

20. Tbird

Tbird Loaded Pockets

Coworker told me about it. Ever since I was younger always liked guns,tools, gadgets (not into knives all that much). Trolled site for a bit, liked how people gave honest opinions without the " you're an idiot if you don't like the exact same thing I do". I suppose this site is like a lot of others, people with similar interests are drawn to it after they find out about it.