1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What light(s) do you have incoming?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bigfoot, Apr 12, 2013.

1. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

I just bought these two yesterday.
    Now the wait.
    [​IMG]

O_G, goosefacer, Puinsai and 3 others like this.
  2. HalJordon

HalJordon Banned

I traded my L11c to this guy so I ordered another. This time I ordered the black, CREE, 3 mode version.

GatorMedic and tfbraden like this.
  3. No Agenda
    • In Omnia Paratus

No Agenda Loaded Pockets

3 mode L11C with the Nicha.

uofaengr, tfbraden and GatorMedic like this.
  4. Jhov85

Jhov85 Loaded Pockets

Yes Yes! Should be arriving today in fact

tfbraden likes this.
  5. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

D25c Ti 219 ordered today for a great price.

tfbraden likes this.
  6. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

Hmm, incoming:

FourSevens Quark
    Olight A3 EOS
    MBI HF-R Ti UTT
    Tritium Vials (2 ice blue)
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] VELENO Damascus[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    4 10180 batteries
    TAIN PO
    Tritium Vials (2 green)
    CooYoo quantum ss
    CooYoo quantum copper
    CooYoo quantum ti wire
    CooYoo quantum ti blue

Heywood Floyd, twin63 and tfbraden like this.
  7. thburns

thburns Loaded Pockets

Incoming as of just now is an EagleTac DX30LC2, EagleTac D25C Clicky, Armytek Prime C1 Pro, Fenix PD25, ZebraLight SC32w, and a handful of Olight 650 mAh 16340 batteries! This week is going to get Christmasy :frantic:

8. Airmechqa

Airmechqa Loaded Pockets

Copper Maratac AAA from MassDrop inbound.
    CooYoo Quantum Copper

Tom

Last edited by Airmechqa, Sep 1, 2015
    O_G likes this.
  9. madlag

madlag Banned

broke down and ordered a prometheus beta QR v2 in brass...I hope I'm not disappointed. I'm about to give up on getting a Titan Plus anytime soon...

O_G likes this.
  10. srvctec

srvctec Loaded Pockets

Fenix HL55 Headlamp should be here in a couple of days. This will be my first serious headlamp, replacing my little 3 aaa Princeton Tec EOS I've had for many years.

WarRaven likes this.
  11. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Got a brand new HDS le200 for a hundred bucks off USN. Just waiting on it now.

12. kwispelhond

kwispelhond Loaded Pockets

Hé, the DQG tiny AA is in, it's pretty......well eeh... tiny for an AA light :D

[​IMG]

Here between a Olight S15 AA and a Tank007 E09 AAA, first impression is WOW for just 24.88 euro! Seems to work fine but I need the dark to really judge it.

Tornado likes this.
  13. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Here's the new HDC LE200 in front, with the rotary 250 in rear. Same look but such different UI's. A steal brand new for a hundred bucks.

[​IMG][/URL]

edjo69, Gwac110, Kev2488 and 2 others like this.
  14. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Looking forward to your verdict, can you report back here please?

15. kwispelhond

kwispelhond Loaded Pockets

I’ll give you a first impression: (for people not reading back, it’s about the DQG Tiny AA)

Take it out of its tiny box and you’d be like “wow that looks nice” and it really does, finely machined, well polished and the best knurling I’ve seen and felt on any light so far. So you take it in your hands and suddenly you feel something sharp??? It’s the two indents for the lanyard/key-ring to fold flat, those are machined rough and are actually sharp to the touch. Almost like they held the light and yelled “hey, we forgot something, bring out the drill”. Well, easy enough corrected so not really a problem but it totally eludes me why they take the efforts to machine it so nicely and good and proceed to totally :censored: up on this one detail.

So, time to slip in some battery’s, I’ve tried Eneloop and 14500 in it so far. The info that came with the light says it is 2,5lm low, 35lm medium and 160lm high on Nimh and high on 14500 should be 200lm (the rest stays the same, it’s a CC-controlled light). I have no ways of checking these claims but compared to my other lights they don’t seem too far off. I have a short 14500 but that one is actually too short, it doesn’t work. My longer protected Eagletac works just fine, that was a surprise but I’d still not buy Keeppower or one of the other known long cells for it.

The twisty operation does need to get used to it, at first it was skipping modes and flashing all over when used one-handed but working flawless when operated with two hands. So I found out that when using it one-handed, I was slightly pulling on the head and when you’d set it just before it goes on, you can actually chance modes and get momentary by pushing on the head. It’s something every twisty has a bit but it’s the first time it was causing me trouble, the answer is to be careful not to pull on the head and then it works fine but this is definitely some quirkiness that will freak out some and it makes the light not advised to people with stiff fingers.

And so to the most important point and it’s where this light shines :D . The Led is specified as a XP-G2 bin R5 and colour NW 4250K 4A, when ordering I was afraid it would be kind of yellow but it is not, it’s really a nice and soft natural pure white and instantly the favorite light-colour I have. This light is only 17mm longer than its battery and normally you’d be getting a mule with so little spare-room but DQG decided to give it a TIR-optic and that was one of the reasons I was interested in this light. So forget a defined hotspot and spill with a crisp and sharp end, this light is like you’re favorite led-spot in your room, it has a bright center and gradually fades into a spill and into nothing. So, people who like to shine their lights at white walls close-by need not apply but walking thru my garden and home in the dark my thoughts where like “why is this not done more”, it really looks so much more natural than all those defined edges our normal flashlights have.

Some short observations: the clip seems to be on the light decent enough but the working part feels like a cheap pen clip, way to little spring and tension. The magnet in the tail is less strong than the one in my Olight S15 but still holds the light well on a decent piece off steel, it’s easy to remove without tools for those who don’t want it but I like them a lot.

So in conclusion: this light does a lot off things differently than usual; it has very original solutions and is unbelievably small for an AA-light. It also has more than some quirkiness about it and is not so easy to operate so beware people with OCD, stiff fingers and little patience. It will be not for all but my verdict on first impression is: I like it!

16. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Wow, thanks for the detailed write up.

17. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

Nothing new incoming :-(. But, Pops sent Wayne my, which started out as a 200 Rotary, to do a third LED swap. Should be cool to see how it turns out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Calvin

keith1234 and tfbraden like this.
  18. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

Incoming:
    1 DQG 60LUMEN CRE
    2 MARATAC AAA COPPER REV3
    3 COOYOO QUANTUM SS
    4 COOYOO COPPER
    5 COOYOO TI WIRE
    6 COOYOO TI SB
    7 COOYOO TI BU
    AND THESE TWO:
    [​IMG]
    MBI HF-R Ti UTT (6 green tritium)
    MBI HF-R Cu UTT (6 green tritium)
    [​IMG]

Tallboyjim and tfbraden like this.
  19. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

OK, and these two MecArmy Ilumine X-1 and X-2 (ti and ss).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Like the CooYoo Quantum.

Tallboyjim and tfbraden like this.
  20. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

OK, OK.
    One more:
    Obr RAW NS (with 5 green tritium)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tfbraden likes this.