1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What light(s) do you have incoming?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bigfoot, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Racer

Racer Loaded Pockets

I only have one incoming so I guess it's time to buy some more :)

Won a contest with DealExtreme over at CPF so I kicked in a little of my own money and ordered a Nitecore MT1A ... 3 weeks ago and counting. And they send everything signature required so the mail lady always looks annoyed for having to come to the door for what she knows to be a flashlight because she is aware of my EDC addiction.

MrOG likes this.
  2. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Green Glo-Toob in AAA size. Was going to go for red, but at the last minute figured green is going to be a lot more visible, especially while walking the dog at night.

Edit: We used the Glo-Toob AAA tonight, and sure enough, it works great as a marker beacon. It has 100% output, 25% output, and a strobe mode. (Just enough choices without overdoing it.) FYI, the 25% mode appears to use PWM. And the strobe mode certainly catches your eye, but is a bit distracting to walk with. Might be better using that mode clipped to a backpack or something, outside of your line of sight.

Will try to get pics and first impressions up in the Review sub-forum in a couple of days.

3. HyperionScout32
    • In Omnia Paratus

HyperionScout32 Loaded Pockets

Ha, next one a new Olight M21 X Warrior XM-L tactical flashlight for only 50 bucks:):p

BigBear03 likes this.
  4. Jailbird

Jailbird Loaded Pockets

I have a Quantum d2 on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

5. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Just ordered the Surefire E1b Backup on discount price from Cabelas. 70 bucks off makes it a little more reasonable and for most everyday stuff I'm sure the 110 Surefire lumens is going to be lots for pocket carry. I need another light like a hole in the head however!

bigfoot likes this.
  6. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

olight i3s and a solarforce p1d host

wings400 likes this.
  7. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I've ordered a Foursevens QB2L-X light, but have come to understand that this light won't support 18650 bateries :-(

Someone has recommended the use of 17670 batteries, instead. I really hate constantly feeding primary batteries into any light I own, so I tend stick with purchases that will support lithium ion batteries (with few exceptions) - preferably, multiple types of batteries (like the Sunwayman V11-R, for example - very versatile little light). I use either a 14500 Eagletac, or 16340 Eagletac battery in that one (the 14500 battery fits a little bit less snugly, and I prefer the longer run time from that battery. It's supposed to be able to run on an ordinary AA battery (or NimHas) as well, but I haven't bothered (lower output); but it's still nice, in a pinch.

I still want to get the highest output and longest run times I can from the light - so I'm not sure if I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and stay with CR123 primaries, or if there's a viable alternative (aside from the 17670 battery).

Another member has suggested Sanyo UR16650ZT 16650 batteries, which I believe, are unprotected cells. I'm a little leary of using unprotected cells in any of my lights; but maye that's the way to go, in this particular instance.

Any suggestions from Foursevens users who prefer using rechargeable batteries, over primaries?

8. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

9. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

ZEBRALIGHT H31 from the EDCF store along with another Pickpocket.:cool:

10. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

The Quark Turbo will use RCR123's. I use AW's, which are rechargeable and protected, in my two Quark-X 123² lights. You can get them at cpfmarketplace.

11. david57strat

Thanks, angusW!

12. rangetroop

rangetroop Loaded Pockets

Just ordered 2x Fenix LD12G2's, one for the missus and one for me. I have a "better" torch but being a Fenix that takes 1 x AA battery with respectable runtimes appeals because of the availability of AA batteries and can run eneloops. Intending to keep the fenix as a rock solid back up. Anyone else got one? What are your thoughts?

dml24 likes this.
  13. Insomniac

Insomniac Loaded Pockets

6P's with custom clickys, bulbs, and miscellaneous mods.
    It's more fun to build your own lights.

GG_Blaisdell likes this.
  14. david57strat

I love my Quark!

[​IMG]

angusW likes this.
  15. Hobs98

Hobs98 Loaded Pockets

Rangetroop, I have an LD10 that's been my primary light for a year. Its a dependable option, and ive been hard on mine

16. david57strat

Eagerly expecting an Olight S35 and a Thrunite TN30 (esecially the TN30. It'll be my first blaster, as well as my first Thrunite light).

17. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

How?!!

I have a gold klarus mix5 inbound :)

HyperionScout32 likes this.
  18. HyperionScout32
    • In Omnia Paratus

HyperionScout32 Loaded Pockets

This was a really special deal! They sold a lot of them on a online shop from the netherlands for only 39 euros...or 50 bucks... since I own this light I'm really happy with this flashlight. I was lucky to get one for this less money;)

Oh dude such a gold klarus is also awesome... this is gonna be my next new key light... I guess:D

[​IMG]

19. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

39 euros... I would have been all over that deal if I could! I've wanted one for a while, but couldn't justify buying another light, and then batteries and a charger too :)

HyperionScout32 likes this.
  20. wundergussy

wundergussy Loaded Pockets

Quantum D2. Could...not...resist...