1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What light(s) do you have incoming?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bigfoot, Apr 12, 2013.

1. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Came in Today!
    Seems pretty nice so far but will give it a workout tomorrow hopefully.
    It was $30 including Battery and 18350 mini tube too from Amazon in less than 1 day!

Seems like a lot of light for the price.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I have 5 Thrunite Ti3's in the mail. Giving them as gifts to my camping buddies.

Great little flashlights.

twin63 likes this.
  3. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Just pulled the trigger on a Noctigon KR4 in black but with a custom copper head and SS bezel, should be pretty sweet. Now begins the long wait for the slow boat...

True story: I have considered and am still considering downsizing from a 1x18650 light to the AAA light (which I carry as a spare), but I'm a tech geek and can't bear the thought of not having the brightest light in the room if I should need a flashlight...

Last edited by Fird, Apr 15, 2021
    #2843 Fird, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Heywood Floyd likes this.
  4. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Gave my best one to my dad years ago, had the best tint and smoothest threads... :censored: thing is still going and while I don't regret giving it away, I do miss that particular light, it was a really really good one.

5. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I bought my first Ti3 a few years ago and it's been 100% reliable.

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Thrunite is getting a lot of my business. I just ordered a Thrunite TH20 Headlamp for one of my kids.

twin63 likes this.
  7. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I have a little keychain MATEMINCO CSF-04 light and a Fraz Labs 18650 Tiny Nugget on the way.

8. Blackbeagle
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a Nitecore MH11. I plan to get something like a Streamlight Stinger and drill the charger into something like my car's glovebox. Want a constantly charged and ready car light.

9. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I felt that way, too, until arthritis and fibromyalgia issues forced me to reduce the weight I carry daily. I’ve bought some Thrunite Ti3 v2 AAA , and most recently two Fenix E01 v2 AAA lights. They all work well. Bought Streamlight Microstream pocket clips for the Fenix lights.

twin63 likes this.
  10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just carry the bigger light for the extra runtime though I resisted doing so for the longest dark stretch too.

There is no way I would ever go back now and I have a tough time accepting that the extra weight or space can make a meaningful difference to me anyway.

It has not so far.

NorthernHarrier likes this.
  11. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I wanted the larger lights for exactly the same reason - the runtimes, not the increase in the highest output levels, which I never use. It could very well be that the weight of a 18650 light isn't significantly more than carrying an AAA light and few spare cells - my opinion differs on that question depending on how much pain I'm in on any given day.

EZDog likes this.
  12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I understand and my motivation is mostly the same and I really like not ever thinking about dead batteries anymore honestly as I carry 2-18650 lights all the time as it occurred to me that the safest and most efficient way to carry a backup cell was in a backup light in the end!

Then on several occasions I have been left unexpectedly in a dark room like this and was sure happy that I had the extra output too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2852 EZDog, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    0880 likes this.
  13. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Just consider how much runtime you really need, how often a AAA light would run out and how critical that would be.
    The difference in weight and volume isn’t always much on paper, but it sure is noticeable in pocket.

For me, the answer is easy, but as always it depends. AAA/10400 for regular EDC, 14500 for light outdoor stuff and 18650 on some rare occasions where I’m likely to benefit from it.

0880 likes this.
  14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

For me every single day and often several times each day which is why it was silly for me not to move to 18650 or 2 of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0880 likes this.
  15. 0880

0880 Loaded Pockets

For my use, I need the extra brightness and runtime that 18650 gives. I'm a technician that typically uses flashlights during the day, so higher brightness levels are needed to compete with sunlight adjusted eyes. I carry a 10440 light in a Skinth sheath as backup.

When not working, I'll usually carry a 14500 light or a slim 18650(Oveready BOSS) if more light might be needed. I also have a RovyVon A4x on my keys.

I don't know if it's true with you guys, but my friends are always making fun of me and asking what terrible trauma a experienced as a child that made me so afraid of the dark!

Sent from my subconscious using telekinesis

twin63 likes this.
  16. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

I just got a Convoy M1 with the XPL-HI in 4000k for bag carry. It is a nice compromise between the S2+ and the C8+ both size and performance wise. It throws more than the S2+, but has better spill than the C8+. Not bad for "medium" distance. It all started because I had an extra convoy holster that needed filling...

twin63 and EZDog like this.
  17. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Makes perfect sense to me.

twin63 likes this.
  18. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Elzetta Bones. It should be here tomorrow.

Captainkirk and ScottB like this.
  19. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

Next level goodness there!

twin63 likes this.
  20. lisantica

lisantica Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]I have this Lumintop AAA brass light made for DROP inbound.
    [​IMG]