1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What light(s) do you have incoming?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bigfoot, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

Nice! The e12 is what I started with and still carry today. These look like real improvements, even though I would prefer a warmer and high cri emitter.

2. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

I must be a rare breed that prefers the whiter light. I see lots of comments here and on candlepower where you preference is pretty popular. Then again, I don't get into many details with flashlights. My criteria are: it needs to work easily, it has to good runtime, especially on low, and it must have at least two, preferably three levels of brightness. Honestly, I don't even know what a "high cri emitter" is. :redface:

Bad Company and Moshe ben David like this.
  3. Captainkirk

High cri just means that it tends to render colors more accurately, and ideally would have very little tint shift across the beam.

For instance, my son had his wisdom teeth out last year, leaving him with a nice bruise on his lower jaw. When I looked at it with my e12, there were portions of the beam where it showed up clearly and as you moved the beam across it, it would disappear completely. Using my FW3A with the 4000k high cri sst-20 emitters, it stood out clearly from any angle.

4. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Got a Thrunite Archer 2a v3 on the way.

It goes against my appreciation for simple UI's. I prefer single mode or 3 modes at most. I'll probably mount this to my bike and keep it in the medium setting.

As usual, I'm not sure why I ordered it and I really don't need it.

twin63 likes this.
  5. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I did the same thing, but also threw in a E01 v2 pre-order for fun. Can never have too many basic AAA and AA lights.

twin63 likes this.
  6. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

I got my three of the new E01's when they were introduced. They must have sold through the original run because I got mine about this time last month. I have three of the originals and like these better.

7. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

I read this and thought "Wait, the Archer UI is exactly your preference".

So I had to go and look at the current listing. What in the world are they thinking?! Going back to strobe in the main sequence? Aaaggghhhh......

The Archer was one of my favorite 'basic' useful lights.

#2787 BigGreenTick, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  8. Captainkirk

I thought it was a long press for strobe, have they changed that? I keep a 1av3 on standby and strobe hasn't been an issue with the long press.

BigGreenTick likes this.
  9. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Received this yesterday. Rechargeable keychain light. 4 level output, also red light led and UV. Haven’t gotten to experiment with it yet[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  10. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

Dang it!! Got the Rovyvon A5 on Amazon!!

11. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I think, and hope, that's still the case.

BigGreenTick likes this.
  12. MichiganMan

MichiganMan Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the club. Meetings are on Tuesday, and we have t-shirts with that exact phrase.

You can order them at...

FiaOlleDog, Wishoot and echo victor like this.
  13. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

Got the 550 lumens version on Amazon Aurora A5 for 26.95 and boy is it bright!! My version has flashing and steady white and red only, no UV.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

twin63 and Stormdrane like this.
  14. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

I misread the current product description. I only read the list of modes which are all grouped together. I neglected to read the fine print below...

So it is still the same UI, I jumped to conclusions without reading everything.

Wishoot likes this.
  15. Captainkirk

All's well that ends well I guess.

BigGreenTick and Wishoot like this.
  16. Max.

Max. Loaded Pockets

I too picked up two of these lights, and they arrived yesterday. Very happy with them, and can’t beat the price.
    [​IMG]

SOS24 and Stormdrane like this.
  17. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Has anyone actually used a strobe setting?
    I swear, to me it's such a nuisance.
    I've never used it. Perhaps, some of you in your fields of work use it.

18. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

Mine (E12 V2) arrived yesterday and other than having a clip, I think I prefer the longer length original better. Differences are subtle but the new version does have longer run times. It's too short for good ergonomics, at least for me. The pocket clip, which should be available as a standalone, according to Fenix Lighting, fits the original E12 but extends beyond the tail so I find it useless. However, for less than $22 shipped, it's a good light. I just prefer the original in this case. I also liked their earlier designs (E01 and E12) aesthetically better as well. But in the case of the E01, while the V2 is completely different in physical design and having three modes, I prefer its functionality over the original.

For an EDC on my person, I think the Olight i3t EOS would be my favorite over any of the Fenix's I own (E01- both versions, E05, and E12 -both versions. But as I've said, the only EDC I do for flashlights are two on my keychain - a Nitecore Tube V2 and the tiny I1R2 from Olight.

19. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

Strobe is potentially useful in LE and SD applications to disorient someone. Hopefully, that someone isn't the user.

Bad Company likes this.
  20. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I used the strobe on my S1R Baton II at a block party (social distancing and masks used) when there was some dancing to the music, over the Labor Day weekend Everybody thought it was cool, and I got to show off my EDC gear, lol...:)

There was an attempt to use the corkscrew on my SAK with a bottle of wine, but the cork was in there so tight that a dedicated corkscrew was retrieved to get the cork out, so I felt a bit disappointed with that EDC failure..:(

Last edited by Stormdrane, Sep 13, 2020
    #2800 Stormdrane, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Bad Company likes this.