1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What light(s) do you have incoming?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bigfoot, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

MF01S: Black body, SST20 @ 5000K
    D4V2: Titanium body, SST20 @ 4000K
    F3WA Titanium body, XP-L Hi @ 5000K
    S10: Black body. Bought it because it was on significant sale. I already have a bunch of Olights, including S1 and S10R.
    I already have a D4 titanium with a Nichia 2019.

Its a bit of a mess to get the Olight limited editions here and I really dislike the bright "moonlight" modes of most of the big companies. Otherwise I would've picked up the red Olight.

BigGreenTick likes this.
  2. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

I see a couple of you with incoming FW3 Ti lights, something to be aware of, they've machined the shelf the MCPCB rides on a fair bit thinner then the other versions of the FW3 and thickened up the MCPCB to compensate. This has reduced the already fairly poor cooling capability of the Ti lights even further. In turn the light will not go long on the highest mode before overheating, there has been a few reports of it getting hot enough to melt the solder holding the emitters in place.

Haven't had the issue myself, but keep it in mind when using turbo.

3. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

S1RII has a 0.5 lumen moonlight mode ;).

4. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

Yeah, they're coming out with decent low modes. And if it was less of a hassle to get one I definitely would.

Still, my Zebralights gets about 0.09 lumen in moonlight mode. Which is a true moonlight, surprisingly useful with night adjusted eyes.

I'm not saying Olights are bad, I'd even argue that they're close to perfect for normal people (which is why I got my mom a S10) and I have maybe seven or eight of them. But they are not enthusiast flashlights, they are the Mora of flashlights.

5. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

The S10 has been one of my favorite lights and the one I reach for most often. I was really tempted when the R's came out with the magnetic chargers and dock. I use 16340 LiFePO4 batteries in all my single CR123A lights so the charging wasn't really enough to get me to pull the trigger. Zebralights was fairly new when I started collecting lights about 10-12 yrs ago and the only unique feature was their 90° heads. I wasn't interested in that so I never got one.

Got my lights but haven't played with them yet...
    [​IMG]

6. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

Continuing on with my NOS oldies-but-goodies Peak obsession I recently received a few "different" lights.
    Titanium Eiger with two titanium Ultra heads (don't ask).One is a regular Ultra and the other is an X.
    [​IMG]
    Next are three AA lights with 5-led heads; one in brass and the others aluminum.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nick4305, MKLight, ZMZ67 and 6 others like this.
  7. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I had a small amount left on an Amazon gift card from the Holidays so I decided to roll the dice on a small light for around $10. Obviously that doesn't leave a lot of options.

On a whim I ordered an Aidier A8. Might possibly be a sister company to UltraTac. Same specs as the UltraTac A7, takes both AAA and 10440. I really had no idea what I was getting and just pressed order to try some random light with few reviews.

Fast forward a few days later it shows up in the mail. Totally nondescript packaging, no logo, no instructions...Nothing. The light itself isn't horrible. The most glaringly obvious flaw is having strobe in the main mode group. Otherwise it's very much like the Tool AAA. Comes with a nice keychain clip, a GITD diffuser, spare o-rings. 180 lumen high, 50 lumen "low".

I've definitely owned much worse. Definitely would have wanted a hidden strobe and a third mode with 0.5 lumen would have been great. But otherwise, it's decent. Once it gets a bit darker I'll try it with 10440 tonight.

[​IMG]

Edit: Estimating about 400 lumens or so with 10440. Not bad.

#2707 turbo6, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    ran23 and Stormdrane like this.
  8. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

I am legitimately jealous.

ZMZ67 likes this.
  9. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

Couldn't believe I stumbled on to these. Probably never use them but pretty to look at.

ZMZ67 and BigGreenTick like this.
  10. michaelh73

michaelh73 Loaded Pockets

Zebralight SC700d is on its way-from gpknives.com.
    (despite the name,they also sell flashlights..)

Last edited by michaelh73, Feb 13, 2020
    #2710 michaelh73, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  11. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Acebeam TK16 - isn’t incoming any longer, but more a recent addition. Size-wise it is between the Olight S1 Mini and the EagleTac D25c, but brighter and nicer ui (imo).
    [​IMG]
    Comparison photo left to right: Olight S1 Mini, 47 Mini, TK16 and EagleTac D25c.

[​IMG]

turbo6, Moshe ben David, 0880 and 3 others like this.
  12. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a 3200k mate for my 5600k Sapphire.
    [​IMG]

twin63 likes this.
  13. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

It's here:
    [​IMG]

Nick4305, twin63 and BigGreenTick like this.
  14. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Just arrived. Sofirn SP31V2, complete kit with 18650 battery and single cell usb charger. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nick4305 likes this.
  15. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

None.

In fact I've only purchased one light so far this year (an Acebeam PT10-GT with the Osram white flat).

16. BC42

BC42 Loaded Pockets

The Baton Pro DT was from my last order but I got a few more since. 2 Warrior 2 Pro DT, 5 i5T, S1R2 DT and 2 Baton Pro Blue. Here are the ones that were opened...
    [​IMG]

17. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I've got an Acebeam UC15 on the way that I just happened to be the lucky winner of from a contest elsewhere.

Closest direct comparison for something I own is probably the Nitecore TUP - large keychain light or small pocket light with a clip if you wish.

The TUP is a decent light but the blocky, square-ish form factor is a bit different in your hand than a traditional style light, especially with no knurling. The screen is very cool but not a fan of an internal battery on something of this size.

The Acebeam on the other hand runs either 2 AAA or 10440, more of a flat shape, 3 total LEDs - main nichia emitter with a UV and a red emitter also. Cells are parallel so in theory only one could be used in a pinch. Max lumens is 1000 with the 10440 cells.

Looks to be a pretty solid performer in the large keychain light category. I'm interested to see how it compares to my TUP. Only downside I see with the Acebeam is quick step-downs and apparently it only takes button top 10440 which aren't common.[​IMG]

0880 and twin63 like this.
  18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

How heavy is it? I myself try to keep the key ring that my car key is on pretty light to minimize weight on the ignition switch....

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

19. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

Haven't got the UC15 in the mail yet but I'd imagine it's probably heavier being it uses 2 cells, not an internal battery like the Nitecore...the TUP is large but not very heavy. Both of them definitely push the boundaries of what would be considered a keychain light based on their size.

20. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Jusgt confirmed a Nitecore E4K. Just curios to see if this little beast spreads out what they say...

0880 likes this.