1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What light(s) do you have incoming?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bigfoot, Apr 12, 2013.

1. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

Yes, they lego, I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

The change I really like is the new clip. Much easier to slide onto a pocket.

Bad Company likes this.
  2. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

Just got a couple of Nitecore SRT3s. These are really nice little lights. Not cheap or at least I didn't shop around. I would say much better all around (more modes, better UI) than my Sunwayman M11R and with easily as nice a finish. I think the construction and materials on the Sunwayman feel slightly better but then again that light is not without its problems and I paid more for the M11R than I did for the SRT3.

The Nitecore comes with a AA extender (I had to pay extra to get one for my Sunwayman), more modes, a very nice moonlight and constantly variable (M11R has only fixed stops but V11R which I didn't buy for other reasons does). Also takes a lot of different batteries, 14500s are recommended by Nitecore as working well.

3. huntnow

huntnow Loaded Pockets

Just received the Operator L1 from LA Police Gear. A little too big for EDC but a nice looking, very bright light.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gary Gross and Stormdrane like this.
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy Loaded Pockets

I got an Olight M2R Warrior in the mail today. Incoming I have a Mini Giga Thrower and a Copper Convoy S2+ heading my way. In theory my buddy is building me a custom tripple and fixing another one I had gotten that was malfunctioning that I probably should have returned. He's been super busy and hasn't had time to do either yet.

5. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

For some odd reason I just wanted a Fenix E01. Don't know why. Just thought it was a classic.
    [​IMG]

6. huntnow

huntnow Loaded Pockets

I have a Lander rechargeable smart lantern incoming. I'd never heard of such a thing before but I was doing some research after one of my battery banks died and discovered Lander. The lantern doubles as a 10,000 mah power supply as well. Very interesting product of it works as advertised.

adam_r33ve likes this.
  7. The Essential Illuminator

The Essential Illuminator Loaded Pockets

Sorry,,,just realized the title said incoming,,,,,,it is here!

TN42vn 90 W/CFT-90 LED.

Yes,,,at Turn that is 1.05 Million cds! 988Kcd after 30 seconds. The LED is very expensive. $130. I looked at it closely and noticed it is NOT centered within the "Square Box". When I measured it, it is exactly in the center of the LED circular opening which is what

The light is unbelievable. It is also way too expensive. I sold a $400 TK75vn QUAD. to help pay for it!:unsure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. The Essential Illuminator

A few beam shots.Actually,,,several!

The First 3 photos were taken from the Prototype version last winter. The finished version[mine] is an additional 500 lumens and 100Kcd. It also has a much more efficient driver where I get much better run times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little speck at the end of the beam is a water tower that is 1787 yards away-1 mile 27 yards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Another water tower 1.1 miles away
    [​IMG]

9. The Essential Illuminator

One more. Here is a picture my assistant took from the water tower to my launch site! This was a trail shot from 902 yards away.It is the light in the center NOT the 4 lights to the right creating light pollution!

Thanks for the "Likes" everyone,the only thing not to like is the price!

[​IMG]

An explosion of light!

NorthernHarrier and ZMZ67 like this.
  10. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

That's a real cat-blinder you got there :p

11. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I've had this Olight i3T for a few days now. I got it to replace my Streamlight, and I don't get why I don't see more of them on here. It's great, two modes and a pocket clip that can be used in two directions, AA size and not too expensive.

[​IMG]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

ZMZ67 likes this.
  12. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Journo: re Streamlight Microstream vs the Olight i3T. Maybe. just inertia -- the Microstream has been out there quite a while. May also be that with the Microstream using a AAA cell it is just slightly lighter and smaller in diameter. I kinda doubt that those differences in size/weight are significant though.

I run Streamlight products myself; at the time this was influenced both by tremendous popularity on these forums plus the relatively low pricing.

Now that I think about it, maybe (?) there's also an element of belief it is an American company whereas not so for Olight? Just a wild-:censored: guess!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

13. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

I have the Olight i3T, a Fenix LD02 and 3 Fenix E01s on the way,on a AAA kick here lately. The i3T is a AAA not AA ,don't know if it is larger than the Microstream as I presently don't have either light yet. I think the i3T may be getting overlooked due in part to the big output difference between low and high. Some people want a medium mode and are likely to opt for a 3 mode light instead. Streamlight is a U.S. company but much of their product line is still made in China so that isn't as big a selling point for me personally.

The LD02 V2 was too enticing for me to pass up combining warm and UV in the same light at a reasonable price. The E01s are just good lights to have for a BOB,car,back-up etc.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  14. Fenix PD-35 TAC, Original 2015 Edition, 1000 lumen pocket flashlight just arrived. Very nice !

Reasons for purchase, it's lightweight and has instant Turbo and Strobe when in TAC mode.

twin63 and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  15. The Essential Illuminator

Here are beam shots from Saturday night.The one with the Giant utility pole is from 300 yards, the others are trail shots.

YES,,,that is 1,000,050CD @ turn on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

turbo6, twin63, ZMZ67 and 2 others like this.
  16. The Essential Illuminator

Thanks everyone. The ONLY negative is cost! I sold Three modified lights and a few hundred dollars to get this! A bit insane but so worth it to me. My other modded lights seem weak and inconsequential now!:unsure: Also the photos are clear and decent, but do not do the real life experience any justice.

17. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

Thanks to work I’ve now got 5 Microstreams coming. Thanks to this forum I’m going to try the 10440 hack.

18. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Since I upgraded to the Olight i3T, I have a Microstream that just sits on my desk. Maybe it's time to copy you.

Also 5?!

19. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I can't buy anything for me personally. I can only purchase for each "camera bag" we have. Plus when purchasing from Government vendors you sometimes have to have a minimum dollar amount. So, yep 5 of those bad boys! ;-)

20. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I want your job...

Let us know how the hack goes!