1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What light(s) do you have incoming?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bigfoot, Apr 12, 2013.

1. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I’ve been carrying an older 200 Lumen EB1-T and the EDCL1-T doesn’t throw any further at all. In fact, the 200 Lumen EB1 still has slightly better throw. The EDCL1-T has a larger spill and hot spot and a much better tint than my EB1 but I wanted more throw than that. I decided the best way to accomplish an upgrade in throw was to simply move to a larger 2 Cell light.

twoisone likes this.
  2. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a zebralight sc64w, but unfortunately it’s back ordered. Nothing to do now but wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Chips177

Chips177 Loaded Pockets

I have a Thorfire TG06S on the way

4. HVACn00b

HVACn00b Loaded Pockets

My 604fd and sc600w mkiv plus just arrived [​IMG]

5. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I have a olight m2rVN coming in the mail, my GF lost my modified light at our camp trip few weeks ago.

M2Rvn Spec 1 XHP35 HI 5000K Neutral White, Lumen 1400, Intensity 25Kcd, Throw 316m

6. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Shouldn't that now say EX girlfriend? Lol

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Hehe!

Luckily for her she's a really good girl friend!

earthman likes this.
  8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Tell her she's on probation!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

smokingfish likes this.
  9. willb00023

willb00023 Loaded Pockets

How are you liking it, its been on my list of lights to pick up, and just have felt like meh about most of them?

10. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I recently picked up a Thorfire C8s that I have been using for the last few weeks. Excellent beam pattern and great throw. It's a bit large for pocket carry but still reasonably compact...for some reason I expected it to be much bigger. Nice moonlight mode too. It's been my nightstand and dog walking light lately.

What I am really excited about is the BLF Q8 I just got in the mail. Amazon sent it much faster than I expected, so it actually got here before I batteries I ordered elsewhere.

I've been tempted to throw in some miscellaneous 18650 cells I've pulled from other devices, but most of them are junk and I'm being patient and waiting for the quality high drain cells to arrive today...but the waiting is killing me.

11. ScottB

ScottB Loaded Pockets

Fenix E01

12. Moshe ben David

Well, no longer incoming. I just picked up a Fenix E12. It is replacing the Streamlight Microstream in my pocket. About the same length; but girthier -- the Fenix uses an AA where the Streamlight uses a AAA. I do like having three settings. The UI is simple enough even for me: full depression of the tail clicky turns it on; starts at basically a moon-glow; tap of the button takes it to mid point; another tap takes it to full output; another goes back to moon-glow. No reprogramming to futz with. And its designed to be able to stand on its tail so it can serve to light a room like the MagLites do. Which the Streamlight can't.

Here are the outputs just in case anyone is curious:
    Alkaline NiMH
    Moon glow 8 lm/22 h 8 lm/40 h

Mid range 50 lm/3 h 30 min 50 lm/6 h 30 min

Full output 130 lm/1 h 130 lm/1 h 30 min

For now, I'm running alkaline. Based on my past usage that should be ok. Until Murphy wakes up. At which point I'll probably be pissed off and wish I had NiMH! :)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Moshe
    If you will be using the light a lot the leakers may be just fine?
    I use mine so quickly that they have had little chance to leak in my EDC lights.
    If not get some Energizer Lithium non-chargeable batteries in there and never worry about leaking or Eneloops as you mentioned but then you will need the charging ritual and hardware too.

Also the Low from a Fenix is really pretty high compared to most Moonlight lights,it all depends on your needs and the minimum brightness you are OK with really.

Most Forward Clicky lights with a tail switch will not tail stand either and the E12 is not one that is a Forward so that is the difference there,the Micro is.

Also just F.Y.I you are still making a deal out of the programming thing where it is simply not the slightest deal at all!
    The light works fine just the way you got it ad it still does as I need not program it in any way for my needs but rather the ability to program and customize is a FEATURE not a liability and does not even need to be considered.

But I am glad you have found one that you like,the Fenix are great little lights!

Ed

14. Moshe ben David

Glad you're happy with the light.

Actually on the E12 I just got I would define as a forward. But regardless, the reason it can tail stand is Fenix built it with a the switch recessed behind metal designed to be a stand. Not like for example the classic MagLite which had a smooth metal tail... don't know if you can picture what I mean. Here is a pic of the E12 they are shipping now which I understand is a revision of what they were selling previously (pic from Amazon):

[​IMG]

I actually looked up the reprogramming instructions for different lights. Just not for me. Clearly works for sufficient buyers or none of the manufacturers would offer the capability. Just not my bag.

And yes, I realize the 'moon glow' on the Fenix E12 is brighter than many. Maybe should be called 'low' -- and in fact I just looked at the Fenix sheet on this lite; they don't say moon glow. My bad.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

#2414 Moshe ben David, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    dml24 likes this.
  15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just pulled my E12 out to be sure but yes it is a Reverse Click meaning the light does not turn on until you push AND then release the switch unlike the Micro where you push just halfway for momentary on without turning the light on to stay on.
    So the light turns on on the release not the press of the switch.

So most forward click switches are not designed to tail stand as a priority vs getting your finger in closer to manipulate the switch for momentary operation.

Forward is considered more of a Tactical Switch option.

Anyway my favorite feature of all of my Fenix lights is the reliability which has been perfect so far!
    And I have more than a few of them too.

Ed

16. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

The E12 is an excellent light. It's held up well for many years for me. Sometimes less is more; it's simple and just works.

17. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Just arrived. Blue titanium, Nichia innards

[​IMG]

18. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

Looks like a Lumintop Tool. Didn't know they came in Blue Titanium. Very nice-looking light! Congratulations :).

19. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

20. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

It is from Massdrop, like a house brand, made by Lumintop. They have it in brass and copper as well. All with the flush tail clicker. AAA-battery